List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

what would fly and Leppa who have 8 flags between them know about talent ID and list management.

If only stronz and co ran the club. We’d flag every season
How many lists have either of them built? Both are coaches. Leppa untried in this role, so let’s see how he goes.

I’m not sure why this board is hanging on his decision. He is no gun player & we are probably going to offer a contract that his output right now doesn’t anywhere near deserve. Yes I realise you have to offer overs to get free agents. But I remember the Daicos boys father saying they signed for well under 1 million per year. If the rumoured $850k x 7 seasons are true, then that is concerning. Question for the masses. Of the 3 GWS guys reportedly leaving, where does Perryman sit? Would anyone prefer him over Peatling & Cumming? I think he is 3rd banana.
1. Perryman
2. Cumming
3. Peatling

Cumming has been injury prone over the journey and Peatling has shown encouraging signs, but definitely hasn’t established himself the way the other two have. I rate Peatling for what I think he could be in an expanded role, but he could well max out at Perryman’s level.

That said the contract for Perryman is too much, IMO, and justifying it because he’s a FA doesn’t wash with me.

I’m not sure why this board is hanging on his decision. He is no gun player & we are probably going to offer a contract that his output right now doesn’t anywhere near deserve. Yes I realise you have to offer overs to get free agents. But I remember the Daicos boys father saying they signed for well under 1 million per year. If the rumoured $850k x 7 seasons are true, then that is concerning. Question for the masses. Of the 3 GWS guys reportedly leaving, where does Perryman sit? Would anyone prefer him over Peatling & Cumming? I think he is 3rd banana.

GWS are offering to match the 6 years Port are offering - they certainly rate him and they should be pretty well informed.

I think he’s the best of the 3.

Whether or not he can actually play the midfield role we have sold to him is still a question though.

But I do agree we appear to be overpaying on both term and length of the contract. Hopefully it doesn’t become another noose around our necks that blocks our our pursuit of genuine stars.

It's interesting that cocaine growing has basically stayed in its source, unlike other crops - even the illegal ones.
It might be too hot in Central america to grow it. Most CA countries are gateways to the USA Cocaine market, cheap labour and people whom really don't care what happens to them because life is really shit in most of them

You know why Daicos get under a million? Because they have outside money through sponsors..

I've heard 700k, 750k, 800k, 850k... Next week it'll be 950k a year. The salary cap is getting bigger in a years time and continuing to get bigger.

The contract could be all fronted up for 2-3 years and than lowered with triggers for the extra dosh.

You know why Daicos get under a million? Because they have outside money through sponsors..

I've heard 700k, 750k, 800k, 850k... Next week it'll be 950k a year. The salary cap is getting bigger in a years time and continuing to get bigger.

The contract could be all fronted up for 2-3 years and than lowered with triggers for the extra dosh.
spot on, I reckon 750k is about the correct one. which will be about 600k after the salary cap increases.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Psychotic dictators and rampant gangs was their undoing. It's a third world country where life was really cheap unfortunately. they didn't grow it there but it was a route through to the USA for cartels
Imagine south and central America if USA didn't make drugs illegal. It'd be Nirvana.

It might be too hot in Central america to grow it. Most CA countries are gateways to the USA Cocaine market, cheap labour and people whom really don't care what happens to them because life is really shit in most of them
I'm pretty sure it's a tropics at altitude crop like coffee and tea. You'd be able to grow it in lots of the world.

GWS are offering to match the 6 years Port are offering - they certainly rate him and they should be pretty well informed.
There is also the possibility they are trying to up their compensation, knowing he is going.

1. Perryman
2. Cumming
3. Peatling

Cumming has been injury prone over the journey and Peatling has shown encouraging signs, but definitely hasn’t established himself the way the other two have. I rate Peatling for what I think he could be in an expanded role, but he could well max out at Perryman’s level.

That said the contract for Perryman is too much, IMO, and justifying it because he’s a FA doesn’t wash with me.
You’d have him at 1? Wow. Thanks for the reply.

Anyone else?

Katy Perry been signed up as a channel 7 expert commentator for next year after she asked why if there 10 melbourne teams in the 18, why wasn't one in the grand final.
Good for Katy.She’s got a good footy brain.She did notice that no Melbourne team made the grand final.No one else in the media seemed to pick up on that fact.

I missed all the trade news today. How many players have been linked to us just to raise their prices? It seems we are the club others use to get better deals and we were never interested in them in the first place. Going to be an interesting few weeks.

I missed all the trade news today. How many players have been linked to us just to raise their prices? It seems we are the club others use to get better deals and we were never interested in them in the first place. Going to be an interesting few weeks.
Perryman, houston, Lord, Peatling and cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back