List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is it Garbage?
Dave, if you start to see Welcome to Country as a way of uniting us and that it’s “our” ceremony, I think you’ll really enjoy and take great pride in it

So when the ceremony is on, it’s all of us, together, welcoming those who come here

Perryman has played 21 games this year and the other 2 are in and out. Fairly simple equation
No it isn’t. Everyone was raving about Peatling during the first 2 weeks of finals. It could also mean he had more luck with injury or less competition in his playing position. Lots of variables rather than a simple equation manic.

No it isn’t. Everyone was raving about Peatling during the first 2 weeks of finals. It could also mean he had more luck with injury or less competition in his playingboth position. Lots of variables rather than a simple equation manic.
I really don't know. I can only go by the stats which say Perryman is regarded as best 23 and the other 2 aren't. The hype about Peatling came from one really outstanding game and the potential he might have going forward. Peatling to me is best playing high HF , he can find the goals pretty good. Both Perryman and Peatling can go through the middle as well. Cumming is hot and cold and his good games are few and far between but some feel he just needs more opportunities. So put your thinking hat on and you have 2 hot and cold players who some sides believe that they have more to offer given the opportunity. If I was a recruiter, I'd be going for the proven free agent over 2 speculative players. That's just my take and in no way, is it gospel

I avoid the game day thread. Sometimes I’ll log on at quarter time or half time and lob a grenade by saying something positive about a player who isn’t going that well. Then wait for the responses from the negative Nancies!

The best - or worst - thing about the game day thread is that it does not correlate to the actual game. Collingwood may be 5, even 10 goals up, but you’d never know while reading the thread. It exists outside the reality of the game. It is a spewing up of biases and prejudices, masquerading as live commentary on the game.

The best - or worst - thing about the game day thread is that it does not correlate to the actual game. Collingwood may be 5, even 10 goals up, but you’d never know while reading the thread. It exists outside the reality of the game. It is a spewing up of biases and prejudices, masquerading as live commentary on the game.
I feel really bad now, I reckon I'm one of the more level headed during game day. I had us coming back to win from behind so many times. However, it can be a frightening place to visit. Sometimes it feels like the running commentary is coming from Port Phillip prison

Dave, if you start to see Welcome to Country as a way of uniting us and that it’s “our” ceremony, I think you’ll really enjoy and take great pride in it

So when the ceremony is on, it’s all of us, together, welcoming those who come here
Thanks for Advice that makes more sense

Besides Beams 2.0, who do you guys think has been our worst acquisition in the last 10 years?
Daniel Wells and Chris Mayne..

Now Mayney came through to be a solid assest. But god sake those deals were absolutely atrocious.

Wells.. just aw, our medical staff would have been the worst in the comp at that time too, how that got ticked off was ridiculous.

You may be 100% correct, however there may be some here who don't want this place to be political. The mantra "always was, always will be" is there on everyone of your posts. That is your belief and that is OK. I would prefer to see that in a political forum and not here. I think it provokes the wrong sort of debate here.

If a statement on my profile of my pride in my identity, my connection to land and the respect to my Aboriginal culture is threatening to you and the four posters who liked your post then I am happy to go elsewhere and never post in the Collingwood forums again. All the best. Let's do better, hey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Besides Beams 2.0, who do you guys think has been our worst acquisition in the last 10 years?
Honestly, Chris Mayne, but that’s a credit to our trading I suppose as he wasn’t a complete disaster. I respect him a hell of a lot for coming back into the side the way he did, and he played some really good games including a grand final, but the ludicrous 4 year deal we handed him at the time on good money contributed to our inability to solve salary cap issues down the line, potentially costing us really good free agents like Lynch. To this day, we still don’t have a legitimate explanation as to how a professional organisation such as Collingwood handed out a deal like that to a blatant battler in a non key-position.

You’d have him at 1? Wow. Thanks for the reply.

Anyone else?
I mean it’s not exactly a high bar. All three are currently decent role players that sit in the bottom half of GWS’ best 23. Think of it like comparing Noble to 2018 Sier and an injury prone McReery.

One advantage Perryman has over the others two is his consistency which for a general defender is impressive. In that role you can pretty much guarantee 17-20 possessions a game across 20 games for the entirety of that contract (obviously ignoring a snap injury run). Compared to say a guy like McStay who was coming in as our main KPF, but has never kicked more than 30 goals in a year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back