List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I am sick of Pies supporters eating their own with our new recruits - Mayne , McStay, Schultz, Perrynan etc
Hell- these same people were criticizing the club for giving up a second rounder for Bobby Hill but are not mentioning this one any more strangely
The same people that criticise trade costs would then criticise if we didn’t get anyone. You can’t win

Clayton Oliver is potentially back on the market. I'll give you one guess who the front runner is. Fmd

How does Tim Morris know that Carlton is clearly Houston’s preferred club?Where is he getting his ‘information’ from?

The vast majority of trade info being reported comes from player managers.

They probably know as much as anyone what is going on, it’s just that they have a vested interest in getting the best deal for their client and their commission.

The day you hear it being reported “<player> has their heart set on going to Collingwood, and they will sign there. It’s just that Carlton’s offer is 20% higher so negotiations will get dragged out a bit” will be the day you can take what player managers say as verbatim.

Clayton Oliver is potentially back on the market. I'll give you one guess who the front runner is. Fmd
Wouldn’t stress too much, I don’t see how they get that done if they’re trading for Smith already this year.

Perryman will nominate Pies, just for some reason it drags out longer than it should (every time).
I think we’re forgetting his mate Cumming is originally from Adelaide so it’s quite an easy and quick decision for him but for Perryman, he grew up in NSW so I don’t blame him for taking all the time he needs to prepare himself for a move to a new state.
We will give him midfield time that he won’t get anywhere else. I’m confident he will be a Pie on Friday, if not early next week.

Perryman will nominate Pies, just for some reason it drags out longer than it should (every time).
I think we’re forgetting his mate Cumming is originally from Adelaide so it’s quite an easy and quick decision for him but for Perryman, he grew up in NSW so I don’t blame him for taking all the time he needs to prepare himself for a move to a new state.
We will give him midfield time that he won’t get anywhere else. I’m confident he will be a Pie on Friday, if not early next week.
The FA window doesn’t open until Friday? He’s making a life altering decision and his partner is also a professional athlete. There’s a lot to go into it and him not making the decision quickly enough for the BigFooty punters that froth over trade and FA is not dragging things out.

In assessing the value of a trade, we first have to look at what deficiencies we are trying to redress, and then how the long term financial and future trade/draft capital will be impacted. As outside observers, we don't really have much idea of the real state of any of these things as seen from the team management. We are just guessing, and really most of our opinions are based around whether we think the player is any good or not.

For the current discussions, Perryman looks OK to me, but not 7 or 8 years of contract worth of OK. I like the look of Peatling more. Kennedy looks alright. I don't see why we never got into the Battle conversation. I suppose there are reasons.

I don't want to lose either Noble or Richards. They are both valuable players, and replacements who actually "make us better" to quote the coach, don't seen to be there.

Putting this together, I don't really see a lot of trade action being in our interests. There could, of course, be something in the pipeline that nobody has sniffed out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The FA window doesn’t open until Friday? He’s making a life altering decision and his partner is also a professional athlete. There’s a lot to go into it and him not making the decision quickly enough for the BigFooty punters that froth over trade and FA is not dragging things out.
Players can nominate well before the FA gates open, it’s unusual these days for the media to not have a sniff of what’s about to happen so if he has nominated already then we would know about it.
I agree with that, it’s not just himself that he has to think about.

No decision yet doesn’t mean he won’t come to us is what I am saying.

In assessing the value of a trade, we first have to look at what deficiencies we are trying to redress, and then how the long term financial and future trade/draft capital will be impacted. As outside observers, we don't really have much idea of the real state of any of these things as seen from the team management. We are just guessing, and really most of our opinions are based around whether we think the player is any good or not.

For the current discussions, Perryman looks OK to me, but not 7 or 8 years of contract worth of OK. I like the look of Peatling more. Kennedy looks alright. I don't see why we never got into the Battle conversation. I suppose there are reasons.

I don't want to lose either Noble or Richards. They are both valuable players, and replacements who actually "make us better" to quote the coach, don't seen to be there.

Putting this together, I don't really see a lot of trade action being in our interests. There could, of course, be something in the pipeline that nobody has sniffed out.

We badly need more centre square midfield depth with Pendles and Sidey no longer capable of more than brief cameos and Mitchell in decline too. Allan looks promising but is going to need a lot more help. In that regard, Peatling and Perryman are going to be more helpful than Richards and Noble.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How in the **** do Geelong fit these players under the cap? Something seriously amiss.

There'd have to be a large element of "salary dump" to that one , so (outside of trading a pick) he likely won't cost them anywhere near what he's on. It'll probably all turn out like Jack Steven anyway , so they can have him

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back