List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

2022 the year they finished bottom 3, yeah? I mean Greenwood had a top 3 B&F result in the year we recruited him, but he was never higher than an 11-20 list fit 🤷‍♂️
2020 iirc, they finished 10th. Will you be talking down Darcy Cameron’s inevitable top 3 finish this year or will you maintain he’ll get million dollar offers off the back of one good season in a non finals team?

Last edited:

Fly's job is about next year, so Noble trumps draft picks, but he'll only get one vote in terms of these decisions, and who knows - any pick we get for Noble might still go to a player.
True, but as we stand there’s only 4 known votes on that committee and I’m stretching with the 4th (Bolton). Of those votes Hine is the only one that I can see valuing picks above players and I’d be surprised if his mindset wasn’t “get me the best pick possible in this draft”. The frustration in it all is 20 and 38 might be enough to get two picks in the 2nd Rd, but with Lombard I doubt they’ll want to send any mid range picks out way…

True, but as we stand there’s only 4 known votes on that committee and I’m stretching with the 4th (Bolton). Of those votes Hine is the only one that I can see valuing picks above players and I’d be surprised if his mindset wasn’t “get me the best pick possible in this draft”. The frustration in it all is 20 and 38 might be enough to get two picks in the 2nd Rd, but with Lombard I doubt they’ll want to send any mid range picks out way…
I doubt they'll be too concerned about points for this year- any of the multiple trades they'll do could involve point carrying picks getting thrown in.

Points back in a deal for Rioli
Whatever with Noble deal
pick 12 could get them a future first and a heap of matching points.
Pick 20 might get them a future first - or a future second and a heap of academy points.
Pick 26 ....

The only issue will be how many vacant list spots and thus picks they can take into the draft, so how low the picks can be.

Last edited:
Cook signed on until the end of 2025, so presumably Carlton is looking at candidates for their next CEO now, who will replace Cook at the end of next season.

4 years as CEO seems to me to be a relatively reasonable tenure for a CEO of a footy club.
That he doesn’t want another contract is instructive given his time a Geel.
Maybe just wants to retire - or could there be more to it?
I have no idea - but wouldn’t be surprised if Cook can’t be bothered with the politics ie Matheisons v Visy mob.

I would be nudging some of the managers of the swans players and see if they are interested in moving on from the club. Would target their b graders / role players , improving the quality of depth is just as important as adding top end talent.

I still don’t understand what business acumen the has to be a CEO?
He has no experience whatsoever.
A footy boss is completely different to the CEO position.

Anybody taking him on as CEO IMO would be completely stupid.
What business acumen did Tom Harley have to be the Swans CEO after being GM of footy? GF performances notwithstanding, it seems to have worked well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe the contract for Perryman will put us out of the race for Houston. I can't see him fitting under the cap with Harry.

Even with Noble and Richards most likely going, I think we'll only be able to bring in modest players now. But I'm pretty happy with the Perryman acquisition!

Wasn't it said earlier in this thread with the salary cap increase Perrymans contract
would be about the same now as was McStays when he signed at around 550 or 650
what ever it was back then

That he doesn’t want another contract is instructive given his time a Geel.
Maybe just wants to retire - or could there be more to it?
I have no idea - but wouldn’t be surprised if Cook can’t be bothered with the politics ie Matheisons v Visy mob.
There was a recent newspaper interview with him. He is 70 next year at the end of his contract so he plans to retire and travel

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

What business acumen did Tom Harley have to be the Swans CEO after being GM of footy? GF performances notwithstanding, it seems to have worked well.
Their previous CEO (Ireland) stuck around in a consultancy role to help with business operations, and it seems like they had a multiyear handover for Harley in place. Dunno if that would be the case here

He had a Bachelor Of Commerce. He worked PT with GWS in player welfare, their Football Dept and on the match committee. Was involved with the AIS. Sydney then made him an offer for GM of Football. Now CEO. He is a smart chap

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back