List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

You know what would really improve this place? Posters who have repeatedly said that the Schultz trade was bad telling us again that the Schultz trade was bad.
His B&F result is really going to blow some minds!

Mods, can we get a thread solely dedicated to talking about the Schultz trade? It's so annoying seeing this thread race to 20 pages in less than a day, then you have to spend your time scrolling through the reheated Schultz conversation in half of them.
There's a Schultz thread. And a Ginni thread. They would probably be the best places for this never ending saga for some ... 🙄

That’s fair, however it was obvious that we were trading more than fair value for Schultz at the time. It was also obvious that trading Ginivan for less than nothing was also a poor deal, given he had kicked 40 goals in his first year…Schultz hasn’t got close as a small forward…they play different roles and bring different strengths I get it…one has greater upside even though he’s a flog.

So statistically I’d say we’ve just continued with poor trading form.
Continued with? Glossing over 2022 and simply looking for the ones you didn't like?

They're betting on a very uncertain future. There's going to picks and trades you don't like.

More hyperbole here. There’s nothing to suggest he was playing poorly because he didn’t want to play the position he was given. You play a natural midfielder in an unnatural position and the inevitable result is that their form will suffer. Him being unhappy isn’t the likely reason for his form being poor. For all intents and purposes it was probably the other way around.
Ok. I'll keep it straight forward:

1.Player gets done with coke.
2.Stories get written about him struggling with attention.
3. Stories written about his mental health
4. Player plays badly for an entire season.
5. Player does ACL
6. Player requests a trade.

Lots of red flags there.

We’re going to be entering R1 2025 and we’ll be having the same tiring discussions

Why can’t it be done in the player threads ffs
That would just make too much sense for some.

More people read this thread.
The reason it's so long is because there are a lot of off topic posts.
The odd one is OK, but banging on about something that is done and dusted is a waste of space.
TBH I’m super tempted to create a Past Trades thread or something so the ones that want to continue to complain about past trades can in there while not clogging up this one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a look on the MB thread.
They put a comment after the player’s names - reportedly headed west, wants to join Dockers, make me a hawk etc.
Perryman “off to Collingwood” 😂
Long may the hatred live on - f*** ‘em

I really want Peatling but think he’ll nominate the Crows.

What’s the latest on Kennedy? Seems to have dropped out of trade discussions. Has he recommitted to Carlton? I really like Kennedy as cheap midfield reinforcement with the flexibility to play multiple roles. He looked mightily pissed-off after being subbed out early in the Blues’ last Final.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I hope we're (still) working on bringing in a decent tall back, other than Tomlinson.

Not many to choose from.

202cm, 100kg 25 year old Lewis young is still available.

I don’t think he is as bad as others make out… this year averaged 13 touches, 6 marks, 4 rebound 50s

Had 16, 9 marks and 400m gained vs lions in losing elimination final. Quite influential.

I don’t think we’d ever see those numbers from Dean or Frampton

~~~~~~~

With Howe ageing and TJ not ready … 188cm 26 year old Alex Witherden is out of contract… a ready made mid sized defensive option

Has averaged more in previous years but this year still averaged 17 disposals, 4 marks and 5 intercepts.

These two aren’t world beaters but are available

Frampton to then be more of a spare parts man… filling in down back or in ruck as soon as injury strikes

Dean I’m not overly sold on

McInness would probably make a decent defender… but for some reason the club doesn’t seem keen on him long term

I really want Peatling but think he’ll nominate the Crows.

What’s the latest on Kennedy? Seems to have dropped out of trade discussions. Has he recommitted to Carlton? I really like Kennedy as cheap midfield reinforcement with the flexibility to play multiple roles. He looked mightily pissed-off after being subbed out early in the Blues’ last Final.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Kennedy has stated he wants to stay at Carlton with his friends. Shame. GWS upped their offer to Peatling yesterday. It was reported he toured SA or WA earlier this week. There has been so little mentioned of him that it us hard to know

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That previously unheard about player could be Mitch Lewis. Heard whispers around this weeks ago, but could be wrong.

What I do know is we are into everyone who I gettable and wont die wondering. Noble and our 3rd should get 12 in return, given Dimma said he needs players and not draft picks. That then puts us in the frame to land someone of need.

I think a key back, a key forward and then load up on players who can run, given the game is now evolving into a transition game, and the Hawks are trying to front run everyone by getting runners into their team, Lewis could be no longer needed.

Not many to choose from.

I don’t think he is as bad as others make out… this year averaged 13 touches, 6 marks, 4 rebound 50s

Had 16, 9 marks and 400m gained vs lions in losing elimination final. Quite influential.

~~~~~~~

With Howe ageing and TJ not ready … 188cm 26 year old Alex Witherden is out of contract… a ready made mid sized defensive option

Has averaged more in previous years but this year still averaged 17 disposals, 4 marks and 5 intercepts.

Frampton to then be more of a spare parts man… filling in down back or in ruck as soon as injury strikes

McInness would probably make a decent defender… but for some reason the club doesn’t seem keen on him long term
Knowing nothing of Lewis, does he play FB? If so, how many of his disposals are kick outs? This hcan skewer his real disposal count. Dean and Frampton don't kick out

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not many to choose from.

~~~~~~~

Yeah Young would be my choice of what's available

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back