List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d take him but he is still a risk and that risk is compounded by targeting Oliver as well. Sure if they work out then it’s huge but if they both fail it will cost them everything
It won't because they're each going to be traded for less than we paid for Schultz and will have way higher upside if they can get back to their previous form.

What does this mean? Why does it matter?

Unless Pies can get JUH for next season then no point discussing it now since Pies don't have the capital to trade.

Unless Pies are willing to let JDG go for JUH... in which I'm very intrigued.
It doesn't mean anything. It also doesn't matter.

It's BigFooty.

That might be true but Darcy is 21 and was crashing in and even triedt to take Sicily out which was a lot more than JUH being scared of his own shadow
A lot Of bulldog fans I know are frustrated by JUH and his on and off field issues
Just my opinion
Darcy is a freak and will end up getting a deal that eclipses even Mac Andrews’ one. He’s the definition of a unicorn, absolute generational talent, so it’s probably unfair to be comparing him to, well, anybody.
Once again, it’s one game and you’re resorting to hyperbole now with the scared of his own shadow comment. Give it a rest.

The question for Collingwood is how much of the salary cap do they want to allocate to the fwd line. Mcstay, bobby hill in the midst of contract negotiation for a pay increase, Schultz , and hypothetically half or more of naughtons contract.

McStay is not going to get a big pay rise, Hill might get one but its not going to be extortionate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oliver to Geelong is huge for them. I think they've hit a bit of a wall in their list refresh without an obvious way forward. Adding an A grade mid helps them immensely.

Oliver will come at a discount due to his issues and poor 2024. The risk for Geelong is less than most teams as they're a bit out of the spotlight. Think this is a great match for both parties. Hope it doesn't happen.

JUH is the weakest link of their 3 talls
That elimination final effort was shameful
I’d rather Naughton even tho JUH has more ability
Far too much is being made on JUH's poor final. It was his first final and he has played less than 70 games. The great Gavin Brown was terrible in his first 3 finals games in 88 and 89. So much so that Lethal Leigh gave him a public bollocking after the 89 final, saying that Rowdy is a very good player, but he has to realise that very good players are judged by how they perform in September.

In 90 Brown had a brilliant finals series, tore Essendon apart in the 2nd semi final. In 94 Brown played the best finals game Ive seen from a Pie - kicking 6 goals in a losing team, away from home, against a star studded Eagles side, where his direct opponent was the great Guy McKenna (JDG might just have topped it in last years prelim - Im not sure)

In short, its not wise to judge too harshly a players first few finals games...

Not sure it'll be the Dogs and Dees folding so much. It's Geelong and Mackie being tough negotiators. Something I'm hoping Leppa can bring a bit of to the table tbh
Melbourne got good offers for Oliver last year and didn’t trade him. He can want out all he wants but has 6 years to go they won’t be getting a huge discount

Darcy is a freak and will end up getting a deal that eclipses even Mac Andrews’ one. He’s the definition of a unicorn, absolute generational talent, so it’s probably unfair to be comparing him to, well, anybody.
Once again, it’s one game and you’re resorting to hyperbole now with the scared of his own shadow comment. Give it a rest.
Eagles will be cringing at the size of these deals because they know what’s coming for them.

Have I missed something for people to be wanting Naughton over JUH
Naughton like McStay does a lot of the Collingwood things. Tackles and covers alot of ground. JUH looks bloody good but he still is inconsistent still. I would prefer JUH but Norton is currently better imo.

Not sure why they would want to?
They have the following KPD:
  • Lobb (Now)
  • Jones (Now)
  • Keath (Probably gone)
  • Khamis (Now)
  • O'Donnell (Now)
  • Croft (For future)
  • Busslinger (For future)

Far too much is being made on JUH's poor final. It was his first final and he has played less than 70 games. The great Gavin Brown was terrible in his first 3 finals games in 88 and 89. So much so that Lethal Leigh gave him a public bollocking after the 89 final, saying that Rowdy is a very good player, but he has to realise that very good players are judged by how they perform in September.

In 90 Brown had a brilliant finals series, tore Essendon apart in the 2nd semi final. In 94 Brown played the best finals game Ive seen from a Pie - kicking 6 goals in a losing team, away from home, against a star studded Eagles side, where his direct opponent was the great Guy McKenna (JDG might just have topped it in last years prelim - Im not sure)

In short, its not wise to judge too harshly a players first few finals games...
Time will tell

Gavin brown was never short on courage or effort

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back