List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

And you know that if we recruited Owies, he could be the sacrificial lamb and whipping boy to cop all the hate from Pies supporters.
Shooter would be left alone along with all our other players.
Maybe that’s why Owies wants $800k per year because it’s a huge load he has to bare.
Yes, now you're getting it ;)

It hasn't done him any favours but he just isn't demanding a regular senior spot
He's still young so building his body after getting a whiff of how intense the seniors are, could be the best thing fly did for him. He seems to want to improve himself. I think he has something that's worth waiting for. We should see something better next year, I hope. Same with DeMattia, he's only 19 still.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was Essendon or Richmond I'd be interested.
Collingwood should give him another 12 months.
Definitely has talent.
Ash does too but looks lazy to me.
Commentators often use the term laconic but I think he’s more lazy than laconic.
Its a shame because I think if he had a fire in his belly to maximise his talent, he could make it.

I think the thing that gets forgotten in all this.

There are so many moving parts to this deal and there would be other deals that are probably relying on all this going through.

When you combine that with the content that needs to be made by Port, Collingwood and Gold Coast, it would make sense that this deal is most likely done or about to be finalised so that everything else can flow through as a result.

"Meeting with other clubs" makes very little sense with 3 days left before the deadline

He's still young so building his body after getting a whiff of how intense the seniors are, could be the best thing fly did for him. He seems to want to improve himself. I think he has something that's worth waiting for. We should see something better next year, I hope. Same with DeMattia, he's only 19 still.
Reef has the physical attributes, talent and the right attitude. Was never a key forward. We should give him another year and play him somewhere he's better suited to.

Reef McInnes will make it if he hitched his wagon to Tom Mitchell and the Daicos boys and put in a very intense preseason.
Remember 12 months ago, he was training the house down but could not translate that to regular selection in the AFL.
Turns 22 on December 12th so still very young.
Whilst the guy is 194cms and 90kgs, he is not a key forward.
Just hope he gets a chance in the midfield in 2025.

Ash Johnson, similarly, is not a key forward- he has potential to make it as a third tall but his work rate is problematic.
Totally around 'fixing' his capacity to work hard for 100% of game time...

Finn Macrae has the physical attributes to be a midfielder of note and can go forward and kick goals. He is another that could benefit by locking on to a Pendlebury or a Sidebottom to truly understand the work needed to 'make it'.

Of Bytel, Sullivan and Long, I think that Long could make it, but the other two are probably not up to snuff and will be delisted soon.

Josh Eyre has the physical attributes but the body seems incapable of cashing the cheques his mind is setting.

Steene and Smit appear well-advanced on other players of their height and age who have not played AFL. Steene is an excellent ruckman in terms of hits to advantage and Smit has a great work ethic and his second efforts remind one of a young Grundy.

An aside on Jakob Ryan, I understand that he has put on 3-4 kilograms since season's end- This should translate into a much more self-confident young man in 2025...

If we end up adding both Perryman and Houston this preseason (and, perhaps, supplement this with Hayes and/or Tomlinson before next season, we will have significantly improved our best 23.

Floreat Pica.

Reef has the physical attributes, talent and the right attitude. Was never a key forward. We should give him another year and play him somewhere he's better suited to.
Oh crap! I was talking about Ryan hahaha
On Reef, I agree. I don't know why he hasn't been put in the middle, fitness? Is he lazy re wanting to gain that fitness level?
If that's the case, throw him in the middle against the best midfielders to show him what he needs to have in order to be picked in his preferred position. A shock, wake up call, can do wonders sometimes.

9a5b5c8060c43593a0ae32b04a095f4b.jpg

3627f78ebc435c5149b9c5319197ef0f.jpg

36bc8b96f7a9dad5cc7a6e185e39c4ec.jpg

03f931f1bf5139e14a4f96a38b1751c5.jpg

28da9ae387dc14f1c2088d61b53cd9cf.jpg

59a191e58a529134deae6306cc3fcb6f.jpg

c95fa008c69b90bc170b2dcd4cfecad0.jpg

102fae77ce51893a743f634f76a29df1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncontracted and his name hasn't come up during trade week - I think that shows where he's at.
I think he’s probably one of those players who clubs aren’t interested in trading for but will probably find a home as a DFA if he gets delisted.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Jakob Ryan? Contracted until 2026. May be a bit rough but I don’t see a lot in him. Deer in the headlights in one game in 2023 before getting concussed and then zero games this year with hand and calf issues & just average VFL form in not many games. We still have TJ who could play a similar role (post Howe) if needed.

Could we float him to Port (he’s from SA) in the Houston deal to get a nibble on Ollie Lord?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Let's assume you are right. Why would Port want a player that was 'deer in the headlights' and has 'hand and calf issues and just average VFL form'?

Just because we don't want someone, doesn't mean they'd have greater value with someone else just because they are from their state.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back