List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Noble isn't as good as Rioli

Noble barely makes half of the "best 23" of 2025 teams in here but everyone wants the world for him

I'd like to see what people in here would be offering if we were trading for him? Pick 35?
How good would Noble look playing at Rich. Rioli was prominent due to a poor list and massive injury list.
So you are massively over rating Rioli based on 2024.

Luke had a go at Lyon in front of the playing group.
Lyon responded with "why dont you go play for another club like Collingwood "

Luke. "OK I will"

True story
Also l will never forget when he went off with what looked like a hammy in the premlim, the Saints fans were mocking him and cheering calling it karma.

Ended up only being cramp, and he played in both GF’s to stick it up them.

Which was a blatant lie to save face on behalf of Lyon.
Luke Ball left St Kilda because he was offered a bag of chips as a contract.
Lyon had a set against him and humiliated him post the 2009 season.
Ball a former Captain of the club was devastated and never wanted to leave St Kilda.
He was forced out by Lyon.

Ball requested a trade and Lyon then refused when Collingwood made an offer.
When Ball walked and got to the Pies for next to nothing natural justice was done.

Soon after Ball was instrumental on bringing a flag home to the Pies against his old side.

Not long after that Lyon walked out on St Kilda with a year to run on his contract and went to Freo for money.

Really all you need to know about Lyon's character and whether you can belief his bullshit excuse for Ball leaving.

Does anybody remember buying the paper and finding out that Ron Todd left us for Williamstown back in 1939? Broke my heart as a kid, no internet those days to rage my disgust for that money chasing flog.
Took almost sixty years for BigFooty to recover

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was comparing the pair that GC are after so Houston’s value didn’t enter my thinking. TBH I’m still confused but thankful for the BF feedback as this trading stuff is beyond my comprehension🥴.

My take is that Rioli's value to GC goes beyond footy. They're establishing a second home in Darwin and he is a very good player, an Aboriginal leader and NT royalty.

Early draft picks aren't an issue for them so they can be wasteful with them in a footy sense - however, that doesn't mean that they'll be wasteful for everyone.

Can anyone remember a bigger trade period emotional rollercoaster for us than this one?

We have at various times been linked seriously to Bailey Smith, Christian Petracca, James Peatling, Dan Houston and even speculatively to Clayton Oliver.

Thank goodness for Perryman. He may be all we end up with.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
2020 when we lost Treloar, Stephenson (still looked good), Phillips, Atu and our future 1st pick 2) all in dodgy ways. All up they got us a few teen picks and a few in the 20s and 30's. It was a disaster. Cost a lot of people their jobs. Guy, Eddie and Bucks to name 3.

Does anybody remember buying the paper and finding out that Ron Todd left us for Williamstown back in 1939? Broke my heart as a kid, no internet those days to rage my disgust for that money chasing flog.
No, I was too focused on Hitler invading Poland to worry about Ron Todd.

Do I ever! Jon Ralph had a field day.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back