List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

They have time on their side and pick 3 could have a big impact. They’re looking after their now and future.
How is time on their side? Pick 3 could have a big impact, but it could just as easily not. Of the last 10, 6 have been guns (1 of them now retired), and 4 have done nothing at all.

They're not though.

They're trading for 12 and a known quantity in Baker who some tipped to be the next Richmond captain. They've added a 30 goal small forward in the process also for zilch.

Importantly they now don't have to use any compensation for Barrass to obtain Baker.

If they end up with some local kid they're keen on at 12 even better.
They could have done Baker without the need of flipping 3

It was a disaster move really

I think carltons pick 3 will be used on some kid played for Koroit i think his name is finn Sullivan he is strong bodied mid fielder good skills few weakness appartently and is Walsh's cousin.

See how they do last time Carlton had pick 3 it went on Paddy Wow Dow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Twomey says we're interested in Tim Membrey.

Why is it so bad? It's a gamble, but they probably think the draft is pretty flat.
Definitely safer than what the Blues have done.

WCE get a sure thing and a shot at someone with a draft pick in a range in this draft that everyone is offering a heap for.

Blue baggers would want to be bloody confident in their talent ID - they've paid a highly rated first, a future first, a future second and Owies for whoever they draft. How many senior players in the league would be traded for that price?

If we manage to still get 13 with our future first from Gold Coast, but still can’t satisfy Port for Houston, I wonder whether we would consider chasing Bailey Smith and undercutting Geelong?

Pick 13 would be fair for Smith IMO and I’m sure given his connections to the Daicos boys we’d stand a fair chance to convince him.

At the very least it would force Geelong to cough up more than they are currently offering.

Carlton killing it? They need leg speed across their entire midfield, they are slow and one paced with too many contested beasts. Cripps, Walsh, Hewitt, Kennedy, they are fantastic extractors and clearance beasts, but that is all they have. The game is now a transition game, the pantsing they received against the Hawks exposed that. They have done nothing to address that so far, maybe they might with the DFA period, but getting O'Sullivan won't fix current issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back