List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

BF posters are on the crack pipe if they think Houston isn't better than IQ...

Bloke has multiple All Australian selections, and stastically is better in almost every way.
You do understand that as a contracted (or even if he were uncontracted) player, IQ would actually have to want to go to port for this to work, yeah?

As it stands your suggestion is pointless, so probably best to stop wasting time with it.

A definite no to Tim Membrey - his best football is behind him

Bloke has multiple All Australian selections, and stastically is better in almost every way.

You can find quality lockdown defenders late in the draft or as steak knives, you don't find AA selected half backs.
Sure he is better. He is probably better than most of our players as well. Doesn't mean we have to trade them all out though. IQ is a keeper. His presence in our backline will enhance players like Houston.

No one thinks he isn't better, but you need more than one running defender, and we're already losing one in Noble.

It would be like if we convinced Errol Gulden to come to Collingwood but traded Josh Daicos to get him. You don't weaken your side in the area you're trying to strengthen to get the deal done.

oh..

So the deal isn't off?

Oh....

So North suddenly don't think they can get him?

Gee...what an interesting coincidence that is on the day before the deadline lol

You do understand that as a contracted (or even if he were uncontracted) player, IQ would actually have to want to go to port for this to work, yeah?

As it stands your suggestion is pointless, so probably best to stop wasting time with it.
Mate this is a forum discussing theoretical scenarios involving people we have never met. I'm not in the negotiating room trying to strike a deal.

Obviously I'm aware how trading works.

Stating "I wouldn't be mad if we got Houston for IQ in a straight swap" really shouldn't be that controversial and doesn't claim IQ could accept the deal.

A definite no to Tim Membrey - his best football is behind him
That's why he is cheap and we have nothing left to trade with. Their moves so far indicate they are looking for a tall forward backup option at the bargain basement price. He can play that role if we get injuries like we have had over the last couple of years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate this is a forum discussing theoretical scenarios involving people we have never met. I'm not in the negotiating room trying to strike a deal.

Obviously I'm aware how trading works.

Stating "I wouldn't be mad if we got Houston for IQ in a straight swap" really shouldn't be that controversial and doesn't claim IQ could accept the deal.
During trade week it’s usually best practice to discuss realistic trades rather than fantasy ones. There’s 51 other weeks of the year to go nuts with your hypotheticals 👍🏻

No one thinks he isn't better, but you need more than one running defender, and we're already losing one in Noble.

It would be like if we convinced Errol Gulden to come to Collingwood but traded Josh Daicos to get him. You don't weaken your side in the area you're trying to strengthen to get the deal done.
cough Schultz cough Ginnivan, Adams

But yes, trading IQ will be repeating that mistake. Let's put serious talk of trading IQ to bed and bring back the IQ is gone memes

Maybe we can share it around?
Or, you know, we could just let Dave have this one thing that he really loves doing and basically hangs out for the entire year. Surely that couldn’t hurt?

At this moment in Time more likely stay at Port
If the deal was off we would have heard about other ways Luko, Richards and Noble are moving.

No rumours have leaked out.

Port would be seen as the bad guys to Luko, Richards, their managers, family, etc if they cancelled one deal and didn't have another way to satisfy people that they had made promises too.

They'd be better racing for pick 11.

Houston doesn't want to go to you fools but Fremantle might want to take 11 off the table and more importantly if NM are stupid enough to offer up a F1 Fremantle would be stupid not to accept.

Either they keep that juicy pick for themselves and potentially use it in the race to get Warner next year or they give Richmond the option of 10 and 18 this year or the F1 by itself.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back