List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints played best football when King was out and Membrey was one of the main targets.

30 goals for a team that plays crap slow footy.

Got me stuffed why they haven't resigned him.
Saints held firm on one year.

And he's actually a DFA because he was delisted by Sydney a decade ago. So they don't have a choice.

If we only realised later on then Leppa is a bit slow on the uptake. It was pretty widely reported early on that he wasn’t being offered a new deal and would be up for grabs.
That doesn't mean he was sure about what spots we'd have available on our list.

It's easy to look back on the trade period and assume that what got reported and what actually ended up happening were the sum totality of what possibilities were on the table, but we don't know that there weren't other plans that they thought were possible and didn't shake out.

Maybe the original plan was to use Joe Richards going to Port as a way to leverage getting Ollie Lord traded to us, but when Houston became available, we changed strategies.

Maybe there were names we never even heard reported that they thought they'd have the opportunity to have a serious crack at, and when no relevant forwards ended up being options, they looked at Membrey.

If Membrey plays every game, with his goal average, he would go close to win the goal kicking. He would finish between 35 to 37 goals.
Good get, l think. He will provide support to Mihocek, and a good foil for McStay as our key forward....
He's mobile so in our set up with fast ball movement i think he can be a serious weapon. Imagine playing KPF for St Kilda and still kicking 30-40 goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's easy to look back on the trade period and assume that what got reported and what actually ended up happening were the sum totality of what possibilities were on the table, but we don't know that there weren't other plans that they thought were possible and didn't shake out.

Maybe the original plan was to use Joe Richards going to Port as a way to leverage getting Ollie Lord traded to us, but when Houston became available, we changed strategies.

Maybe there were names we never even heard reported that they thought they'd have the opportunity to have a serious crack at, and when no relevant forwards ended up being options, they looked at Membrey.
What? I was responding to a post suggesting that we were looking at Hayes and only switched to Membrey when we realised he was available. None of what you said is really relevant to that at all, so 🤷🏻

True, he could well be, but my understanding is that the upcoming window is for DFA’s? The trigger for that would be delisting rather than his contract lapsing.
He was originally delisted by Sydney and permanently available as a DFA when out of contract if I recall the rules correctly.

It's such an interesting process
If Houston hadn't been available, our targets could and possibly been
  • Lord (PA)
  • Humphries (GC)
Would love to be privy all the other convos as well

Can only play him in the team if Mcstay 2nd rucks and no cox
I hope we can get off our reliance on Cox for our structure. He personally doesn't do enough, yet his presence out there makes such a difference - his sheer size naturally draws oppo attention, which frees up others around him. Our season derailed when he went out.

So would be ideal, to back in Cameron to now do more ruck work, and having a chop out from a tall like McStay and no Cox taking a spot in the 23. Get better value having someone else in the side overall.

Thanks Nick.
Journos by the way had you believe he was headed to Carlton.
Lesson learned I'm hoping. Doubting though. Wake up.

Nick Daicos…simultaneously future playing captain-coach, list manager, head recruiter, president, CEO.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back