List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

As of yesterday I was of the understanding he has not (and his actions suggest will not) be offered a contract by the Saints. Has this changed?
There was a report that he got offered a one year deal from the Saints, but is moving for 2 years.

UFA’s can only move within the free agency period though which is over now I think. Only DFA’s can be picked up now and not until November 1st.

That window has closed though. We might not have decided to chase him early enough for that.
You'd presume even St Kilda wouldn't be big enough pricks to someone who would've qualified as an FA anyway, to not delist him so that he could actually get to where he wanted to go, so I doubt it would've mattered, but it's nice to not have to depend on clubs like St Kilda to act rationally.

I can't see it myself. We'll need to spend salary cap on poaching a tall. Daicos and JDG make LDU a bit too exceesive in terms of the midfield.

In terms of true quality/damaging pure mids we have:

• Nick
  • Jordy (body is now unreliable)
  • Mitchell (body is now unreliable)

That's it?

Beau we're trying to make him one
Ed Allan looks very promising but is a kid who has played 2 games
Pendles is well and truly a "part timer" there now at his age
Crisp can probably be used there more with Houston coming in
and Perryman right now is an unknown in the role

There is simply no world where a player the quality of LDU at his age is "excessive" for us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see it myself. We'll need to spend salary cap on poaching a tall. Daicos and JDG make LDU a bit too exceesive in terms of the midfield.
I agree, a tall is more of a need. But you can make a case on LDU on the basis of Elliott being close to retirement. Elliott’s good in the air and ground and hits the scoreboard, not easy to replace but JDG can, and with LDU you’re not losing out in the middle. But on the balance a tall would be more of a need.

I reckon it will. Otherwise we would have kept Eyre
Or we get a defender in the draft.
It was clear by Leppa's words they only were going with 1 position for experience.
Maybe happy with Dean and Frampton. Maybe we turn Reef into a defender. Who knows.
Or if we go with tomlinson. in the rookie draft if we bypass our last pick

• Nick

That's it?

There is simply no world where a player the quality of LDU at his age is "excessive" for us
Key positions will be a greater need though

I reckon it will. Otherwise we would have kept Eyre
Eyre's like a draftee as he's just not depth. So if we draft a KPD we've replaced him.

I've got no idea which way we'll go. Won't be surprised if we add him, but if we've re-signed Reef I suspect it's for defence, so won't be surprised if we're comfortable to leave him.

• Nick

That's it?

There's a world of salary caps where you can invest too much into one area of the ground.

Teams don't play 3 mids in an attacking role together - one of the mids is a smotherer of the opposition at stoppage.

If Melbourne get Petracca and Clarry back - they're the only team that trumps our two attackers in JDG and Nick. Viney plays defensively when lined up with them.

If we have big dollars to spend, we'll spend it elsewhere is my bet. Might change if JDG's issue means he's no longer a mid.

Saints need to de list him first for that to occur!
THey don't. Sydney delisted him in 2014, which means he's a DFA whenever out of contract. He just needs his contract to expire and he can sign as a DFA.

There's a world of salary caps where you can invest too much into one area of the ground.

Teams don't play 3 mids in an attacking role together - one of the mids is a smotherer of the opposition at stoppage.

If Melbourne get Petracca and Clarry back - they're the only team that trumps our two attackers in JDG and Nick. Viney plays defensively when lined up with them.

If we have big dollars to spend, we'll spend it elsewhere.
Port are a team that does play 3 attacking mids, JHF, Butters and Rozee, which can mean they get opened up if the opposition wins the clearance.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back