List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Key positions will be a greater need though

Not for the now

For the future? For sure

But right now we need quality mids. True, pure mids. Thomas is in for 2026 but we don't know how "ready" he'll be for Round 1 or will he need some VFL time.

We can't let Nick warp our expectations on Thomas

Port are a team that does play 3 attacking mids, JHF, Butters and Rozee, which can mean they get opened up if the opposition wins the clearance.
Agree that you get cut up when you're going with them all on the attack, but Port don't all 3 together that often - JHF plays a combination of mid and forward. I think it'll switch to Rozee playing more forward and JHF full time mid at some stage soon.

Agree that you get cut up when you're going with them all on the attack, but Port don't all 3 together that often - JHF plays a combination of mid and forward. I think it'll switch to Rozee playing more forward and JHF full time mid at some stage soon.
I ****ing love JHF, what a player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like we decided on membrey v Tomlinson. It wont be both.
Not as a DFA at least

Given how many list sports we have freed up I'd be shocked if we didn't add Tomlinson

In that chart it says he's not DFA if he rejected an offer from his current club , which circles back to whether he has actually been offered a contract by the Aints. I don't think he has , which would make the DFA angle work.

Whatever the situation is it's not designed to be easily understood.
Actually, I think you and Masked Magician are right. Without eing delisted by Saints he's missed the window according to that flow chart. Previously delisted but on a list only qualify for the fa period just gone.

Actually, I think you and Masked Magician are right. Without eing delisted by Saints he's missed the window according to that flow chart. Previously delisted but on a list only qualify for the fa period just gone.

The principle is that players out of contract can’t just walk to another club if their current club wants them. They need to be traded or take themselves to the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Guess we'll see. Just the vibe from leppa indicated it would be one or the other, not both. Lets see in the coming weeks.
I reckon we need them both. Tomlinson was depth behind May, Lever, and Tom McDonald......he did pretty well to get to get games at all. He would be a very handy Key Back / Utility depth player at the Pies, and I would expect would get more opportunity for us.

We seem to have all the pieces except decent KD depth. If not tomlinson, I hope they have someone else in mind. If Moore got injured, Frampton and Dean could be a disaster
Howe still plays tall and so does Maynard if needed in break glass emergency

Howe killed hipwood in gf 23 when murph went down

Shame we missed doedee

A lot of my son's friends at school are soccer mad, so he decided he should follow a team.
The only advice I gave him was not MC or MU, not Arsenal or Chelsea.
I also said his grandfather followed Newcastle United (which was how he came to choose Collingwood when he emigrated), that we followed Leeds when we lived in England for a couple of years, and that the Spurs coach is an Aussie.
He chose Liverpool, and, of course, that means he now hates Everton.
His current favourite player is Mo Salah.
It was the late 90s and I was spending half my week destroying brain cells at raves and the clubs. Tuesday nights were a welcome respite, sitting on the couch with the flatmate, watching the Barclaycard Premier League show.

After a couple of months of this, I thought I should pick a team but wanted to get away from the black and white stripes. Collingwood was enough of that and I can't say they were filling my weekends with a lot of joy at that time. I declared one week that I was to see a sign that night and make my choice. Sure enough, Robbie Fowler scored in front of the Everton Kop and I gotta say, some signs are so damn obvious that even I see them.

Why not? He's been a good footballer for a long period of time. Not a fan of what aspect of his game exactly?

He is undersized (188cm).

I would much prefer a big power forward that can also play in the ruck when required. I was imagining a tall forward around 200cm. We were looking to replace McStay/Checkers when they are injured.

At least with Hayes, (only 194cm) you could see improvement on his previous output due to age and bad run with injuries.

Membrey I view as a poor man's Elliott or WHE.

I reckon we need them both. Tomlinson was depth behind May, Lever, and Tom McDonald......he did pretty well to get to get games at all. He would be a very handy Key Back / Utility depth player at the Pies, and I would expect would get more opportunity for us.
100%. He wasn't behind average players. With us id have him ahead of Frampton and in the best 23. Given the lack of depth we currently have in the position and that he would be ahead of Dean and Frampton imo, I would be very disappointed if we didn't pick him up.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back