List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

EFA
1f50ce3d9ed0e7db2c46d6a827487878
That would be a grand uncle offer I think

Ed Richards, and Cam Rayner. They're the two that I'd be optimistic could be shaken loose.

Brisbane just went to $1m+ per year for McCluggage to keep him, they've got an expensive team currently and they need to ensure they can afford both Ashcrofts going forward, I wonder if they can afford Rayner on big money. I get the retirement of Daniher and the impending retirement of Neale will save them a lot, but there's still only so many guys you can pay big money to.
Daniher left 2025 on the table AFAIK so if correct wouldn’t impact their ability to retain Rayner in 2026 and beyond. I’m on the fence and can understand AP’s view, but JDG’s body worries me and Rayner basically does everything JDG did for the first 7 years of his career. It’s only been the last 3 that JDG has become a predominantly mid option.

I do concede you were right about the restricted free agency rules, they can walk if they don't wanna stay.

Still stand by zero chance Collingwood get LDU as we won't have the trade assets for him and its a fantasy to expect we are in the chase for him, even more so now we just traded a 2025 first.
I don’t think we get LDU purely on the basis of other teams being able to throw better offers at him. With the advent of trading first rounders two years in to the future trading is a possibility still, but even though you seem to be unable to concede it, in the event that Norf are cellar dwellers again they’re unlikely to match any offer from a team who are in the top 4.

If LDU is going to walk then I’d say the likely scenario is that he informs the club early that he won’t be re-signing and they spend the time before trade period targeting a high end player they can acquire with the trade assets they’re likely to have, which are likely to be substantial.

Daniher left 2025 on the table AFAIK so if correct wouldn’t impact their ability to retain Rayner in 2026 and beyond. I’m on the fence and can understand AP’s view, but JDG’s body worries me and Rayner basically does everything JDG did for the first 7 years of his career. It’s only been the last 3 that JDG has become a predominantly mid option.
I'd love Rayner. Very good player with the potential to go gangbusters if he gets his endurance up.

I do concede you were right about the restricted free agency rules, they can walk if they don't wanna stay.

Still stand by zero chance Collingwood get LDU as we won't have the trade assets for him and its a fantasy to expect we are in the chase for him, even more so now we just traded a 2025 first.
I'm with you on LDU. I just don't think he's for us.

I don’t think we get LDU purely on the basis of other teams being able to throw better offers at him. With the advent of trading first rounders two years in to the future trading is a possibility still, but even though you seem to be unable to concede it, in the event that Norf are cellar dwellers again they’re unlikely to match any offer from a team who are in the top 4.

If LDU is going to walk then I’d say the likely scenario is that he informs the club early that he won’t be re-signing and they spend the time before trade period targeting a high end player they can acquire with the trade assets they’re likely to have, which are likely to be substantial.

Yep

Had a very similar reply typed up last night but thought the better of it and deleted it. Because as you said it doesn’t appear he’s going to concede

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't start me on Cam 'flipping' Rayner. He is good for 5 mins in a game. Not fit enough for the midfield. Seriously overrated for his output, despite obvious talent. Please no.
I had all of these concerns... But I went to the Geelong-Brisbane prelim, and the way he shut the door on Geelong running onto his right had me convinced that there's something there.

JDG’s body worries me and Rayner basically does everything JDG did for the first 7 years of his career.
I kind of felt the same way, but a comparison of the the two of them at the same age had Jordy at 6 disposals more a game while kicking the same amount of goals - He's only actually 3 years younger than Jordy.

So he's substantially less accomplished, but can still be a matchwinner on his day.

How the hell did Tyson Stengle get to play the week after being found comatose at a nightclub within hours of arriving back in Geelong after an interstate game?

I'll never let it go that they basically wanted De Goey jailed or deported for attempting to pull the singlet of a girl he was in a relationship with down while on holiday overseas. Mind you, that same girl publicly confirmed she had zero issue with their interaction

But Stengle almost ODing on cocaine in a nightclub?

All good bro

I'm so out of the loop. What is the meaning of this drawing? I've seen it posted here a few times.

It's an existing meme but I've brought it to the Collingwood BigFooty Trade period because it fits so well

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back