List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

They think Perryman can play some midfield minutes.
Maybe we could look at a mid with one of our picks in the draft, we'l see.
You could add demattia is one that could play midfield too.

I think with the addition of Houston we definitely play Perryman more midfield if he can maintain the form through there.

Leppa referenced the sacrificial role Pendles played at times through the midfield and that they see Perryman being able to do those same roles for the team. That’d be the locking down of players at stoppage and being the more defensive minded mid I reckon.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I heard that the GWS guys got into trouble for also depicting a Tarantino scene in one of more recent boring movies - django thingie. Let's hope the media calls out Tarantino in the future for actually creating these scenes, although there mightn't be any money in it....or they might miss out on free tickets to his next release.

Django Unchained is brilliant. You picked the wrong movie, my friend.

The narrative around this deal has been complete hysteria.

All these media muppets need to understand that once a player declares he wants to walk, a club's leverage over him becomes greatly diminished even if the player is contracted. You CAN hold them to the deal at all costs. But generally this is a very dumb thing to do, unless a deal is ridiculous unders.

No professional club wants a heavily disgruntled senior player shitting up their whole team environment.

Port ultimately got 3 players, 2 of whom they wanted and could become good players (other is just depth) and picks on top of it. For a 27-year-old.

It's baffling that people think that is some catastrophic outcome for them. They did as best they reasonably could out of the situation.
And the Houston part of the trade was a future first round pick, a second round pick, Noble and Richards who they were chasing. So basically, a first round pick and 3 second round picks in draft terms. It really wasn't that outrageous.

With due respect, the thread was discussing the GWS incident which has nothing to do with footy trades. Also, I was commenting on how people were going over the top about some teenage pranks by some footballers, when people are saying nothing about the gov'ts support of a massacre. Thank you.
Again you persist introducing irrelevant, uninformed and political sloganeering. Do it elsewhere where anyone is entitled to express their political opinions even simplistic ones and wrong ones. Post elsewhere and stop introducing irrelevancies here. Thank you.

Andy Otten is gonna be our VFL coach next season watt price tully

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need another inside mid for depth.
No way to know how much Titch can give us in 2025.

Atm, we have Ned Long, Sulli, Fin and Ed Allan as depth.

Don't think this is adequate.

Can we somehow grab a mature, big bodied mid as back up for cheap money?

Feel that we need this more than anything else.

This year, our lack of inside mids was a glaring Achilles heel.

With Houston and Perryman now added to our hb line, our ball movement and aggressive rebound will be electric. Our ball movement above all else will be the avenue to goals.

I am happy with our armada of small forwards along with McStay and Checkers to be part of an unpredictable and fast moving forward line which will will feast off the ball movement.

This is why i had hoped we would get Matt Kennedy or Devon Robertson.

You actually only really need 4 in the team. We've got: Nick, JDG, Titch, Crisp, Sidey, Pendles, Perryman - Allan developing, plus Macrae, Long and Sullivan as depth. I think we've got too many depth mids - considering the midfield depth that is already in the best 22 - leaving us short on depth in other areas.

Is Josh staying on at the club in any capacity. Ruck coaching?
Fly referred him as our development coach I think at the copeland. So maybe goes back to that. Maybe takes over as head of academy now Singh in leaving? Its the role he had originally when he came back

I really hope that De Mattia and Jiath come on over the post and preseason and remain injury free in 2025. It’s such a shame that our VFL hasn’t been that competitive in 2024.
I think its a bit understandable our vfl 2024, given all the injuries we had, so lot of players had to be promoted to afl, and we sometimes only had 7 afl listers playing. Add that to the very raw and inexperienced vfl players we had who hadnt played together much.

Again you persist introducing irrelevant, uninformed and political sloganeering. Do it elsewhere where anyone is entitled to express their political opinions even simplistic ones and wrong ones. Post elsewhere and stop introducing irrelevancies here. Thank you.

Again, I was persisting in responding politely to your comment. Gracias

Have you been given a free pass to abuse people on here? Maybe you're one of the chosen few that run the show...
You're bringing your extreme political beliefs to the trade thread. It's off topic, and you're trying to stir up trouble. No one is interested in your political beliefs. Please stop!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back