List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Have we actually been linked to this young fella or just wishful thinking?

I saw a rumour on Twitter (and stated as much in my initial post that it was a rumour) that he did a medical at Collingwood

I saw a rumour on Twitter (and stated as much in my initial post that it was a rumour) that he did a medical at Collingwood
Let me tell you something about boz lol What he posts, he generally gets told to post from others. Doesn't mean the info is legit, or just made up (usually) so best to take it with a grain of salt. Unless it gets reported in the media.

He has shown more than Macrae at AFL level but it is close, I think he has more pace and more of an outside game which probably shows his skills off as well.

I personally think Macrae won't make it as an inside mid but maybe playing a Lipinski type role. Honestly would love to be wrong, if he turned in to a Rowbottom that would be amazing but probably won't happen.

More info if you are interested in Carroll

Edit: I have a feeling we were linked to Carroll in his draft year

In a Carroll v Macrae debate the starting point for me is whether they can play a secondary role because neither is good enough to be starting midfield at the top level. Carroll might be able to play elsewhere, but Macrae can’t.

It’d be nice to have our depth on the flanks in 2025 so if the club saw him as an option I’d support it. That said I’d take one out of the state league like Bice.

Let me tell you something about boz lol What he posts, he generally gets told to post from others. Doesn't mean the info is legit, or just made up (usually) so best to take it with a grain of salt. Unless it gets reported in the media.

Hence why the word "rumour" was used

My first post about it was literally "If the rumours of Carroll doing a medical at Collingwood are true..."

Be interesting why the club has not announced re signings of the remaining 3. Might be more to do with Sullivan and his camp leaking to media than anything else
Surely they wouldn't expect players to keep getting a contract quiet. Why would you?

I wouldn't be surprised if they're still in limbo as the club look to see whether they can improve depth or find depth that they think has a brighter future.

Did they forget about Dean?
COLLINGWOOD club banner

LIST CHANGES

Josh Carmichael (RETIRED)
Nathan Murphy (RETIRED)
Aiden Begg (DELISTED)
Jack Bytel (DELISTED)
Josh Eyre (DELISTED)
Nathan Kreuger (DELISTED)
John Noble (TRADED TO GOLD COAST)
Joe Richards (TRADED TO PORT ADELAIDE)

Still out of contract: Ned Long, Reef McInnes

Surely they wouldn't expect players to keep getting a contract quiet. Why would you?

I wouldn't be surprised if they're still in limbo as the club look to see whether they can improve depth or find depth that they think has a brighter future.
I’m with you mate. Haven’t been signed yet. Clubs likely chatting to delisted players prior to making a decision. I’d let long go. He’s a pure inside mid that’s not afl quality. We need depth that can cover multiple roles. That’s why I don’t mind Sullivan as cheap depth

I’m with you mate. Haven’t been signed yet. Clubs likely chatting to delisted players prior to making a decision. I’d let long go. He’s a pure inside mid that’s not afl quality. We need depth that can cover multiple roles. That’s why I don’t mind Sullivan as cheap depth

is there room to rookie Long? I'd be giving him another year.

In a Carroll v Macrae debate the starting point for me is whether they can play a secondary role because neither is good enough to be starting midfield at the top level. Carroll might be able to play elsewhere, but Macrae can’t.

It’d be nice to have our depth on the flanks in 2025 so if the club saw him as an option I’d support it. That said I’d take one out of the state league like Bice.
He's pretty handy up forward also. This guy was a genuine level or 2 above VFL. Carlton supporters really liked him. Played about 15 AFL games this year I think but was sub a fair bit. If we can get him as an SSP, it's a no brainer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rumour started on twitter I believe, but there was a Carlton fan on Reddit who said Collingwood and GWS have interest. Unsure where that info came from.
Just did some checking — the rumour of Collingwood being interested in Carroll was BEFORE the tweet about him doing a medical with us. So that makes it 2 separate rumours.

Boz’ tweet was probably rubbish. But that talk coming from a Carlton fan must have some truth to it.

Why do you think Macrae cant play the high half forward Lipinksi role? I understand that was his position when he was bottom age in the U18s

Dont think any other club has yet to announce their re-signings from those left after delistments, so maybe closer to the deadline of the list lodgement next week?

It wasn't until Oct 27 2023, it was announced Begg, Kreuger and Carmy got 1 year extensions
Or maybe a contract has been offered and they are just fine tuning some details in it

COLLINGWOOD club banner

LIST CHANGES

Nathan Murphy (RETIRED)
Aiden Begg (DELISTED)
Jack Bytel (DELISTED)
Josh Eyre (DELISTED)

I'm quite sure it mentioned him in the very same article yesterday, and this suggests Dean was named!:
1729567202136.png
Babylove posted this a few pages back:
1729567291854.png
So it seems certain they've edited that bit! Which may or may not mean something significant!!

Last edited:
COLLINGWOOD club banner

LIST CHANGES

Nathan Murphy (RETIRED)
Aiden Begg (DELISTED)
Jack Bytel (DELISTED)
Josh Eyre (DELISTED)

Spot the diference between Ned Long and Ned Nedelander

1729568631007.png

1729568692582.png

I drive a Datsun 180B
Was my first car. A hand me down from sister who bought it second hand.

Unfortunately I stacked it when my view was umm compromised driving past a high school.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back