List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

you have to ask with Cripps aging, Walsh hampered with a chronic back and Cerra with chronic hamstrings, Kennedy traded why have they dumped a midfielder in Carroll.

Cripps may be aging but he just won the umpires award with a record number of votes.

Agree its absolutely absurd - but what does it say about Carroll.
Buyer beware I think.

And if I’m reading that tweet correctly they’re offering everyone other than Jack Carroll a train-on spot? Hello…

Cripps may be aging but he just won the umpires award with a record number of votes.

The umpires’ midfielders award for teams with little internal competition, yes.

Think the right play is to take Weideman and play him as a defender.

Only 27, we would benefit for 3-5 years if his transition to defence is successful.

In the case of Tomlinson, best case scenario is that he becomes decent depth for 1-2 years.

Could also consider taking both on minimal coin. Would rather have surplus in KPD depth than pay a bunch of C grade midfielders with virtually no upside.

Membrey was a good pick up.
Do you genuinely think that both Melbourne and Essendon never tried to transition him to defence? Because they did and he was absolute garbage at it.

Carroll is completely left sided unlike McCrae who is excellent on both sides of his body. Both have good hands.
Pace maybe a marginal advantage to Carroll - but being the 2 sided is a huge advantage so I'd pick Macrae.
You talking about Craig Mccrae? Because Fin is definitely not good on both sides of his body. He kicks up and unders on his preferred foot.

agree - but surely with the injured players around him you'd think that Carroll would have taken pressure off Cripps who's body is not getting any younger.

I don't recall noticing Carroll tbh but it does seem strange. Is he better than Paddy Wow and Setterfield who they let go one or two seasons ago?

Pipe dream. Fantasy footy. We may as well talk about how we are getting Harley Reid.

If LDU missed every game or most games next year due to injury, which nobody would want to see as he is such a brilliant player, that is the only scenario his value plummets enough to be a semi realistic target.

Now don’t shoot me down for this FJ, maybe
Ed Allan assuming he wanted to go west (if he continues to show good form) and two future 1st?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carroll can’t be worse than Bytel and we took him

Fin doesn’t look like he’s gonna make it, Sullivan is basically being kept to help settle in Houston and Long at least is only 21

I’d be cool taking a punt on Carroll

I don't recall noticing Carroll tbh but it does seem strange. Is he better than Paddy Wow and Setterfield who they let go one or two seasons ago?
make your own mind up ..2024 'highlights', 15 games with circa 50% ToG, look reasonable

i'd say, yes, better than Dow and Setterfield, based on limited (highlight) sample size

and, i'd also suggest, lots of upside compared to Bytel, Sully and perhaps Long

looks like he'd be a decent high HFF option and provide some decent bounce, whilst also capable of playing some mins on-ball

21 yo, 188 cm, 82 kgs

runs well, kicks it well, hands free to always get handball to a team-mate, reads drop of ball well

surprisingly played 15 games this year for Carlton, going at approx (p/game) 10 disposals, 1.5 tackles and 0.5 goal assists whilst playing only 50% game time.

played changing CS mid option this year but, for mine, also projects as a likely running high HB (JfN style)

definitely worth a look through SSP if available
Apologies if already posted, but have we shown any interest in Carroll, or is it just fans throwing his name up….

EDIT: have read last few pages. Up to date now…

Last edited:
Carroll can’t be worse than Bytel and we took him

Fin doesn’t look like he’s gonna make it, Sullivan is basically being kept to help settle in Houston and Long at least is only 21

I’d be cool taking a punt on Carroll

What does this mean?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back