List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't believe some people are frothing over a middling list clogger.
When it comes to middling list cloggers, there's two main schools of thought:

Middling list cloggers from other clubs have heaps of untapped potential and we need them.
Our middling list cloggers are going to be stars and we'd be mad to move them on, until we eventually brand them as spuds and want them gone yesterday.

Last edited:
I'm quite sure it mentioned him in the very same article yesterday, and this suggests Dean was named!:
View attachment 2149536
Babylove posted this a few pages back:
View attachment 2149539
So it seems certain they've edited that bit! Which may or may not mean something significant!!
Yeah I feel like that article will continuously be updated as lists get finalised ahead of the DFA and ND.

It’s possible we’ve signed Dean and not announced it yet which could cause him to be removed from that list, but it could also just as easily be an error.

I feel those guys have been left in limbo while we explore the DFA market. At the moment we have 4 list spots which would be 3 for ND (1 or 2 of which could become SSP slots if we if any rookie upgrades) + 1 DFA plus potentially the list positions of Reef, Long and Dean.

Yeah I feel like that article will continuously be updated as lists get finalised ahead of the DFA and ND.

It’s possible we’ve signed Dean and not announced it yet which could cause him to be removed from that list, but it could also just as easily be an error.

I feel those guys have been left in limbo while we explore the DFA market. At the moment we have 4 list spots which would be 3 for ND (1 or 2 of which could become SSP slots if we if any rookie upgrades) + 1 DFA plus potentially the list positions of Reef, Long and Dean.
My thoughts too.

The way I see it, Dean, Reef and Long are currently depth who might develop into senior players. We're likely to be looking to see if we can either replace them with stronger depth or depth more likely to develop into senior players.

If someone tells that a random post on FB isn't true, how will I trust again??!!
Facebook has recently changed the algorithm so that you only see posts by the same 26 people. To regain friends in your news feed and get rid of ads - Hold your finger anywhere in this post and click "copy." Go to your page where it says "What's on your mind?" Tap your finger anywhere in the blank field. Click paste. This upgrades the system. Hello new and old friends!

Delisted Carlton forward Jack Carroll could land at Fremantle Dockers, West Coast Eagles​

Glen QuartermainThe West Australian
Tue, 22 October 2024 10:30AM

West Coast and Fremantle are among three AFL clubs believed to be interested in West Australian Jack Carroll after the defender was axed by Carlton on Tuesday.

It comes as East Fremantle have also confirmed they would welcome the former Shark back if he did not find an AFL home as a free agent.

The West Australian can reveal the Eagles, Dockers and GWS have already shown interest in the Mid West product, who played 15 games for the Blue this year.
A product of the Sharks’ rich Geraldton recruiting zone, 187cm Carroll is only 21-years-old and can play in a number of positions from wing, midfield, to half-back or half-forward.

He was drafted from the Sharks colts at pick 41 in 2020, and joined a rare club by kicking a goal with his first AFL kick in round seven of the 2022 season.

Carroll played the last 15 games of the home-and-away season with the Blues for a career total of 21 — although he started as the starting sub in seven of those — before he was dropped for the elimination final loss to the Lions at the Gabba.
Blues’ fans viewed Carroll or Cooper Lord as ready-made replacements for Matt Kennedy, who has joined the Western Bulldogs.

Sam Durdin and Matt Carroll were also delisted by the Blues but both have been offered the opportunity to train with the club. Jack Carroll has not been given that assurance.

“Jack leaves the football club with lifelong friendships, which is a testament to the positive contribution he made to the group during his four seasons with us and we wish him well for the next opportunity in his career,” Blues list boss Nick Austin said.

East Fremantle football manager Adrian Bromage said they would like to see the young gun get another chance.
“I’d be very surprised if he doesn’t get picked up, but if he doesn’t then we’d be happy to embrace him and help him to get back in the AFL system.

“It’s a great story coming out of our zone.”

Carroll earned the praise of AFL pundit Jonathan Brown after his Opening Round performance in the Blues’ one-point win over Brisbane at the Gabba, playing a key role in their seven goal to one third quarter.
“I liked young Carroll,” Brown told On the Couch.

“(He) Was thrown in the deep end at half-time, did the first centre bounce and was the highest-rated player on the ground in that pivotal third quarter, kicked a goal and was fantastic so he is one to watch.”

Carroll is the latest in a number of West Ausralians to be cut this off-season, with Port Adelaide not renewing the contract of Quinton Narkle, who looks set to join Fremantle.

Hawthorn defender and former first-round selection Denver Grainger-Barras has had interest from West Coast and Carlton since being axed last week.
West Australian media really pushing this 😂

When it comes to middling list cloggers, there's two main schools of thought:

Middling list cloggers from other clubs have heaps of untapped potential and we need them.
Our middling list cloggers are going to be stars and we'd be mad to move them on, until we eventually brand them as spuds and want them gone yesterday.
then there’s the third kind, middling list clogger’s we’ve moved on find themselves on another list and we decry ‘how did we ever let them go’.

then there’s the third kind, middling list clogger’s we’ve moved on find themselves on another list and we decry ‘how did we ever let them go’.
Good point. It just takes them playing one AFL game where they weren't hopeless for the angst to fully kick in about our list management.

Good point. It just takes them playing one AFL game where they weren't hopeless for the angst to fully kick in about our list management.
Allan? We really do over rate some of our players. I'm not saying he's no good but I ain't calling him the great white hope based on one okay game that had absolutely no pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allan? We really do over rate some of our players. I'm not saying he's no good but I ain't calling him the great white hope based on one okay game that had absolutely no pressure.
Tend to agree, if you watch his VFL he is doesn't stand out as much as people think. He is good with a lot of development ahead of him but he is not tearing it up.

Tend to agree, if you watch his VFL he is doesn't stand out as much as people think. He is good with a lot of development ahead of him but he is not tearing it up.
If we go by the hype, then he should be a regular next year. I'd be expecting him to be way above VFL level by the start of next season. I hope he does.

If we go by the hype, then he should be a regular next year. I'd be expecting him to be way above VFL level by the start of next season. I hope he does.
He looked good as an inside mid at the end of the year, but I'm still not convinced. Your mids need an outside game as well, unless they're amazing on the inside - and with his running ability, if he had the smarts, he really should have been able to lock down a wing role in the senior team this year with our injuries and all the different blokes we played through the wing this year, but he looked really lost when played on the wing in the VFL. I don't think he really gets system yet and needs the simplicity of stoppage to stoppage. Great tools, but could still go either way in my opinion. Hopefully it all clicks and he slays it.

Last edited:
Facebook has recently changed the algorithm so that you only see posts by the same 26 people. To regain friends in your news feed and get rid of ads - Hold your finger anywhere in this post and click "copy." Go to your page where it says "What's on your mind?" Tap your finger anywhere in the blank field. Click paste. This upgrades the system. Hello new and old friends!
Is this Tarkyn_24 or a bot?

There is also the coaches pet list clogger that some how gets a game every week over the young upcoming stars (that are probably list cloggers as well).

There is also the coaches pet list clogger that some how gets a game every week over the young upcoming stars (that are probably list cloggers as well).
It took 3 weeks to go from:

Why are they picking xxxx over Macrae? to: Why are they picking Macrae?

Need to be very cautious about that game. It was basically the same as a pre season game. Macrae looked good in the pre season games and a few tipped him for a break out season. Fools good they are.

He could be one of those blokes that plays okay at VFL but he steps up and looks okay to good at AFL as well. I personally think he is a starting 3 midfielder type that doesn't really play another position well. But he is also barely 20 if I remember correctly so hopefully a lot of improvement to come.

He looked good as an inside mid at the end of the year, but I'm still not convinced. Your mids need an outside game as well, unless they're amazing on the inside - and with his running ability, if he had the smarts, he really should have been able to lock down a wing role in the senior team this year with our injuries and all the different blokes we played through the wing this year, but he looked really lost when played on the wing in the VFL. I don't think he really gets system yet and needs the simplicity of stoppage to stoppage. Great tools, but could still go either way in my opinion. Hopefully it all clicks and he slays it.
In that Melbourne game he looked good on the outside as well.

But 1 game is a poor sample to judge a player on. I agree he could still go either way.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back