List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, we don't have the list spots at present.
We don't HAVE TO take 3 kids in the draft though, right?
No but you DO need to have 3 new players on your senior list at draft time. Whether thats 3 players, or whether thats 2 players + 1 rookie upgrade. So unless we plan on putting Dean on the senior list, we'll need to take 3 players and you likely would in this draft if you still have players on the board.

No but you DO need to have 3 new players on your senior list at draft time. Whether thats 3 players, or whether thats 2 players + 1 rookie upgrade. So unless we plan on putting Dean on the senior list, we'll need to take 3 players and you likely would in this draft if you still have players on the board.
So you DON'T know for sure, right?

Your question pertains to whether or not we can add someone new to the list though, right?

We can't do that. The only way we can not use 3 national draft picks is if we promote a rookie to the senior list, but then we're just taking a rookie draft pick or an SSP selection.

Your question pertains to whether or not we can add someone new to the list though, right?

We can't do that. The only way we can not use 3 national draft picks is if we promote a rookie to the senior list, but then we're just taking a rookie draft pick or an SSP selection.
Yes. Particularly opening up space for another SSP spot, if we're keen on a Phillips or someone else.

Given our three picks are very close together, I'd think we would more likely to use all three than not, but we'll see. If there are players still on the board they like, they'll do it.

You have to have 3 senior list spots open at the final list lodgement before the draft. And we have to add 3 players to the senior list in the national draft. However one can be a player upgraded from our rookie list.

We currently have 4 list spots available, if we sign Reef McInness..

Without delisting anyone else, we can only add 1 player during the upcoming DFA period.

However we can draft others if we want, or can upgrade a rookie and add another player through the SSP.

You have to have 3 senior list spots open at the final list lodgement before the draft. And we have to add 3 players to the senior list in the national draft. However one can be a player upgraded from our rookie list.

We currently have 4 list spots available, if we sign Reef McInness..

Without delisting anyone else, we can only add 1 player during the upcoming DFA period.

However we can draft others if we want, or can upgrade a rookie and add another player through the SSP.
Yes, I know all of this, sr.
My point was simply that we don't yet know the club's final decisions on this front, so there's no reason to make categorical statements about it.

Yes, I know all of this, sr.
My point was simply that we don't yet know the club's final decisions on this front, so there's no reason to make categorical statements about it.
Good point. We don't know whether anyone else is going to be delisted.
Nor did we know what their draft strategy is going to be. We might draft Thomlinson. They don't have to be kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some are rookies. We only have so many senior spots. DFA go onto main list, along with draftees. Johnson and macrae’s senior spots are the issue. If we had our time again they wouldn’t have got two year extensions

Especially AJ.

Strikes me as the Stringer type - puts in a few extra yards when he's playing for his supper.

Especially AJ.

Strikes me as the Stringer type - puts in a few extra yards when he's playing for his supper.
Macraes extension was a worse decision I think.

When we re-contracted AJ, he was in the seniors and really promising. He was a definite re-sign. The only question was how many years? Manager did well and he got one more than he should have.

With Macrae we extended a bloke who hadn't done anything at senior level yet, coming into his 4th year. We extended him on the back of a promising preseason. No reason to not wait a couple of months or more to make a decision.

Can’t believe we’re into Carrol. I saw him at a grocery store in Elsternwick early in the year. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Can’t believe we’re into Carrol. I saw him at a grocery store in Elsternwick early in the year. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

That's strange, because I had the same experience with Cumberland.

That's strange, because I had the same experience with Cumberland.

Cumberland is actually the reason I work out. I have this fantasy where we start talking at the Brownlow party bar. We exchange a few pleasantries. He asks what I do. I say I loved his speech tonight. He laughs. I get my drink.

"Well, see ya," I say and walk away. I've got his attention now. How many guys voluntarily leave a conversation with Noah Cumberland? He touches his neck as he watches me leave.

Later, as the night's dragged on and the coterie of gorgeous narcissists grows increasingly loose, he finds me on the balcony, my bowtie undone, picking my AFLW dream team captain.

"Who you got?" He asks.

"What's in it for me?" I say as I hand him a photo of Ebonny Marinoff. He smiles.

"Conversation with me, duh."

I laugh.

"What's so funny?" He protests.

"Nothing, nothing... It's just... don't you grow tired of the egos?"

"You get used to it," he says, logging in and selecting Marinoff as his captain.

"What would you do if you weren't an footballer?" I ask.

"Teaching, I think."

"And if I was your student, what would I be learning?"

"Discipline," he says quickly, looking up into my eyes, before changing the subject. "Where are you from?"

"Bigfooty," I say.

"Oh wow. That's lovely."

"It's ok," I admit. "Not everything is to my liking."

"What could possibly be not to your liking in Bigfooty?" He inquires.

"We overrate scrubs," I tell him. "It's all Fins and AJs and Reefs and Carrols and Cumberlands."

Well, we don't have the list spots at present.
We don't HAVE TO take 3 kids in the draft though, right?

It's three additions to the senior list either by live ND picks, or with one or more rookie promotions which need to submitted to the AFL prior to the draft. We can't hang onto one of those spots we're required to fill for later.

Last edited:
Cumberland is actually the reason I work out. I have this fantasy where we start talking at the Brownlow party bar. We exchange a few pleasantries. He asks what I do. I say I loved his speech tonight. He laughs. I get my drink.

"Well, see ya," I say and walk away. I've got his attention now. How many guys voluntarily leave a conversation with Noah Cumberland? He touches his neck as he watches me leave.

Later, as the night's dragged on and the coterie of gorgeous narcissists grows increasingly loose, he finds me on the balcony, my bowtie undone, picking my AFLW dream team captain.

"Who you got?" He asks.

"What's in it for me?" I say as I hand him a photo of Ebonny Marinoff. He smiles.

"Conversation with me, duh."

I laugh.

"What's so funny?" He protests.

"Nothing, nothing... It's just... don't you grow tired of the egos?"

"You get used to it," he says, logging in and selecting Marinoff as his captain.

"What would you do if you weren't an footballer?" I ask.

"Teaching, I think."

"And if I was your student, what would I be learning?"

"Discipline," he says quickly, looking up into my eyes, before changing the subject. "Where are you from?"

"Bigfooty," I say.

"Oh wow. That's lovely."

"It's ok," I admit. "Not everything is to my liking."

"What could possibly be not to your liking in Bigfooty?" He inquires.

"We overrate scrubs," I tell him. "It's all Fins and AJs and Reefs and Carrols and Cumberlands."
50 shades of black and white.

Some are rookies. We only have so many senior spots. DFA go onto main list, along with draftees. Johnson and macrae’s senior spots are the issue. If we had our time again they wouldn’t have got two year extensions

AJ and Macrae were both looking like taking a big step forward when they were given those two year extensions, it not playing out that way doesn't mean that we should start second-guessing those list management decisions with the benefit of 20-20 hindsight.

To your eye, meaning as suggested by the misleadingly crafted highlights reel? Shocker! They are both duds

My wife’s family are Carlton supporters (she’s a Pies convert), so I have had the misfortune of watching more Carlton games than I’d like. So I’ve seen a bit of Carroll this year and he showed a lot more than I’ve ever seen from Macrae across his ~20 games for us. And I reckon Carroll offers more than Long too.

So, if I had the choice, I’d prefer Carroll over Macrae/Long but I do agree, none of them are needle-movers in terms of winning a Premiership.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back