List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t believe we’re into Carrol. I saw him at a grocery store in Elsternwick early in the year. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
Some of the responses to this comment really hammer in the realisation that not many of you know there's a world on the internet outside this website. Google "copypasta" please, I beg you.

Surprised that Richmond delisted Cumberland...I thought he looked promising...
Could be a good replacement for Joe Richards....but yeah, not the priority atm.

Still think we need a big inside mid to be sure of contending at the highest level next year

Others have pointed out that De Mattia is an inside mid, but with the following depth:
Finn, Ned Long, Sulli, Ed Allan, Harry Dem, I know it adds up to five, but it is 5 times almost zero in terms of proven capacity to play a 100 minutes of AFL football in one of the most physically demanding roles.

Our only true, battle hardened inside mid is Titch, and I just don't think we can be overly confident about his availability rate next year.

It might be too late now to get one, unfortunately.

I was in the grocery store the other day, and these douches came up to me and started crapping on about Cumberland. THey kept ai it. So I closed my hand in front of their face to get them to shut up. But they wouldn't stop crapping on about Cumberland. So I tried to just leg it out of the store away from these Cumberland loving lunatics, but forgot that i was holding a fistful of Milky Ways ...

I heard a whisper that one or more of the other clubs is de-listing a player. I'm on the look out to see who it is.
But, whoever it is, I reckon he's worth a crack.

Make it happen Leppa

Surprised that Richmond delisted Cumberland...I thought he looked promising...
Could be a good replacement for Joe Richards....but yeah, not the priority atm.

Still think we need a big inside mid to be sure of contending at the highest level next year

Others have pointed out that De Mattia is an inside mid, but with the following depth:
Finn, Ned Long, Sulli, Ed Allan, Harry Dem, I know it adds up to five, but it is 5 times almost zero in terms of proven capacity to play a 100 minutes of AFL football in one of the most physically demanding roles.

Our only true, battle hardened inside mid is Titch, and I just don't think we can be overly confident about his availability rate next year.

It might be too late now to get one, unfortunately.
A grade Mids of any colour are most impactful. 100% this is our big need, and that the kids are still kids and won’t have an impact across a full season…Sidney and Pendles were pedestrian at times last season, this slide will only continue and I think they will only really show their true value come finals.

The Daicos boys, Crisp, Degoey, Mitchell. I like Elliott on ball, he makes things happen and is hard at it. I’d like to see more pinch hitting from Mcreery and Schulz to complete/take a load off Sidey and Pendles. The kids can help with this too. Perryman will be a great addition, only Hine and co will know what his ceiling is with a free run at a midfield role.

In the first bracket of players we have an issue, they are all A grade quality…but there are not enough minutes in them to cover a full season…especially with degoey and Mitchell’s injury profile.

We need another A grade midfielder to complete the compliment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A grade Mids of any colour are most impactful. 100% this is our big need, and that the kids are still kids and won’t have an impact across a full season…Sidney and Pendles were pedestrian at times last season, this slide will only continue and I think they will only really show their true value come finals.

The Daicos boys, Crisp, Degoey, Mitchell. I like Elliott on ball, he makes things happen and is hard at it. I’d like to see more pinch hitting from Mcreery and Schulz to complete/take a load off Sidey and Pendles. The kids can help with this too. Perryman will be a great addition, only Hine and co will know what his ceiling is with a free run at a midfield role.

In the first bracket of players we have an issue, they are all A grade quality…but there are not enough minutes in them to cover a full season…especially with degoey and Mitchell’s injury profile.

Absolutely. But another A grade mid won't be forthcoming now. So, we need to try to find someone, somewhere among the delisted, rookies...whatever...just a full bore inside mid...who can just go in there full bore and
a) prevent the opposition from flicking it out at our expense
b) feed it out to our advantage - at least sometimes, and if not, kill the ball
c) tackle,tackle,tackle

My worry is that none of our current back up mids have proven that they will be able to carry out this role.

I'm the opposite. I think we're stacked in the midfield and the issue is going to be playing them all and whether the slower oldies are getting a bit old for running the flanks, because we can't play them all in the midfield. I won't be surprised if one of the oldies gets phased out and becomes depth next year.

Nick, JDG, Crisp, Pendles, Titch, Sidey, Perryman. Plus we'll want to give Allan some games and continue to give McCreery some midfield time.

I'm the opposite. I think we're stacked in the midfield and the issue is going to be playing them all and whether the slower oldies are getting a bit old for running the flanks, because we can't play them all in the midfield. I won't be surprised if one of the oldies gets phased out and becomes depth next year.

Nick, JDG, Crisp, Pendles, Titch, Sidey, Perryman. Plus we'll want to give Allan some games and continue to give McCreery some midfield time.
But none of these are mids in the same vein as Titch - pure in and under superhero.
We would not have won the GF last year without him in the team.
In the list you cite above, there is no one of this kind.
I am hoping maybe that Ned Long can start to grow into it.
Sulli can"t because he isn"t big enough
If we have a big bodied in and under mid - not even of the same calibre of Titch, but just an approximation - that is so much the player we need to spark all our other incredible talent.

I think the Macrae as an inside mid experiment should be over, I don't mind him playing the Lipinksi role or as a bit of a curveball he play a James Jordan type role. Not in best 22 but if needed I would prefer in him in either Lipinski or James Jordan role.
I think the experiment is over full stop. He is average in every department. He's not quick by hand or foot, lacks penetration with his disposals and doesn't hurt the opposition. He's never going to be anything other than below average.

I can't think of anyone who wouldn't take him but guess who's putting in the early groundwork?, yep, those campaigners with the bottomless SC from Geelong
I think you mean "I can't think of anyone who wouldn't take he...." don't you? :p My teacher red pen has been violently twitching reading this thread.

Tom Scully anyone? Looks a good prospect on paper, can’t help but feel there are some off field issues that resulted in Port delisting him ahead of time…Houston should have the inside word.

With our draft hand worth a rookie spot.

Tom Scully anyone? Looks a good prospect on paper, can’t help but feel there are some off field issues that resulted in Port delisting him ahead of time…Houston should have the inside word.

With our draft hand worth a rookie spot.
Yeah, Houston probably know what's what.
He certainly seemed to have some raw talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back