List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

When Tom Green (GWS) hit FA availability?

The only thing I know about FA is that you can't bank on it. Ever!

I know people close to the Club who said Ben King was a "done deal" when we had our turbulence in 2021. People made decisions on allegiances and the like off the back of this "lock". Turns out it's fools gold!

FA needs to be probed and explored, as we should and as all other teams will. But more often than not, it's a little more opportunistic (eg. Perryman) and/or good work closer to the end of contract (eg. McStay) than others might like.

If we're talking CBA, then Jordy / Nick are switching.
Would literally have to re-train Jordy to stay defensive.
Which i don't think we'd want to do as he's too good as the aggressive attacking mid.

So i feel those two are swapping for the majority of the year.
Sure, we'll send both in at stages.....just not as often as people think.

It will be the others that you mentioned providing the cover.
If we add Allan, Beau and even Shoota & Maynard to this list of players capable of playing this role to share the load across the season, that's plenty.
I think we'll have them together a lot if Jordy is fit, so we're not too predictable and Jordy tries to get to the ball drop instead of Nick at times.

Its reported we we are anticipated to use all three picks at the draft.

star wars no GIF

No they won’t, stop being paranoid.

To follow up here, I feel like you've possibly forgotten all the rules that have been changed because of us?

Hands in the back? James Clement
Reduced bench rotations? Mick Malthouse and the 2010/2011 Magpies
Head high tackle adjustment? Ginnivan as a Magpie
The 2025 Father/Son point adjustments? Make no mistake it's happening because of Moore and the Daicos brothers
I think even our attempt to pull a scam with Brett Chalmers even caused a rule change

Outside Hawthorn causing a shift in the rushed behind rule after turning the 2008 Grand Final into an embarrassment, most rule changes come in because of us

Now while I doubt they'll make further changes to father/son, I could totally see a scenario where Cat B is adjusted due to our potential success with it should Condon turn out to be a star

To follow up here, I feel like you've possibly forgotten all the rules that have been changed because of us?

The 2025 Father/Son point adjustments? Make no mistake it's happening because of Moore and the Daicos brothers
I think even our attempt to pull a scam with Brett Chalmers even caused a rule change

Outside Hawthorn causing a shift in the rushed behind rule after turning the 2008 Grand Final into an embarrassment, most rule changes come in because of us

Now while I doubt they'll make further changes to father/son, I could totally see a scenario where Cat B is adjusted due to our potential success with it should Condon turn out to be a star

The bolded is ridiculous. They're changing the DVI system because GC turned 1 early pick and a few late ones into 5 first round kids plus 2 future firsts.

There’s a movie called “The number 23” with Jim Carey. You should watch it COD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 years in and he's already the best Collingwood player I've ever seen.

And I'm old enough to have seen his Dad, Pants, followed Bucks' entire career including Port Adelaide, Swanny and Pendles.

Leigh Matthews is the best player I've ever seen. Will be interesting to see how high Nick can go on the GOAT (*that I've seen) scale. Need to give him every help, hence why we aren't hoarding first round picks and are getting established players in.
He'll only hit the heights of Leigh Matthews if he snaps a post

Maybe
Yes to both
Yes it’s definitely happening because of one FS that was brought in under a different system, one who wasn’t even bid on and one who we got for a steal, and not the fact that GC had 5 first round academy players that they were able to bring in for trash picks, and Brisbane are getting two number 1 picks as top 4/premiers in addition to another first round academy player for trash picks 🙄

We aren’t the only team that causes rule changes, despite your belief to the contrary.

Everything else aside, they won’t change the rules for cat b for working exactly as intended. The whole point is to widen the talent pool by allowing an easier path in to the AFL for those of different countries of origin, or former juniors who decided to take a different path initially. Making it harder for those players to return to club land would completely defeat the point of the whole system

What is it about 7 gamer Josh Fahey, who has zero AFL highlights on YouTube, and has never had more than 13 disposals in a game, that has you convinced he's got "X-factor galore" and is worth going after?

There's only two things that have come out about him lately: that he's been outed as being the worst offender in a room full of blokes who still think joking about rape, slavery and terrorism is funny, and that before any of that came out, GWS still had no intention of giving him a contract for 2024.

Oh, and he's suspended for the first 4 games of next year. So he's got that going for him.
I think you're missing the point. If he gets delisted, it'll really raise his value.

There's ramblings a yonder. He's been seen sitting outside the Holden centre in his car

If he’s sitting outside the Holden Centre he’s turned up to the wrong venue.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back