List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Scully anyone? Looks a good prospect on paper, can’t help but feel there are some off field issues that resulted in Port delisting him ahead of time…Houston should have the inside word.

With our draft hand worth a rookie spot.
He's a tall skinny kid who is miles off AFL standard. He was a long shot when drafted. Got hype on here for kicking goals in U18s - but SA U18s is below APS standard. There are no off-field issues.

Thankyou, great comment.

You are absolutely correct, at times we got smashed through the guts this year without the one, big bodied in and under mid who goes in there and delivers it to our stars who, whether anyone claims otherwise or not, are more potent on the outside than on the inside.

As you said, "clearances" are not first possessions.

...and do we want Nick Daicos to bear the brunt of that physical brutality? You take care of your geniuses, you don't send them in to be brutally bashed just because they're good at withstanding it and still escaping with the ball. You want your genius to remain pristine for as long as possible.

Apart from Titch, there is no one on our list who (yet) is fully capable of playing this role, or even an approximation to it.

We are totally dependent upon the improvement of Ed Allan and Ned Long this year in such a role. Hopefully, this does happen. But we haven't taken any insurance out on this.

Clearances are first possessions. If you win the win the ball and handball it to someone who kicks or runs it clear from stoppage, you get the clearance stat. If you win the ball and kick it clear, you get the clearance.

You can win useless first possessions that don't result in clearances, but if the ball gets cleared and someone gets a clearance stat, it's the first possession winner.

Sure, but we can promote a rookie into one & keep a spot open on the rookie list.

Already said that in the post you quoted, it needs to be decided and submitted to the AFL before the national draft though, unless there has been a change to the rules.

Assumed someone would beat me to it

Welcome Tim I guess

Gonna be super interesting to see how we set up our forward line in 2025
Inevitably one of McStay, Checkers, Shoota or Billy will miss a game and he can play the lead up role of those albeit not the same defensive pressure as the smaller guys but if he wants a game he'll have to buy into it. If he comes out and kicks 5 in round 1 we've got a beautiful KPF selection squeeze for the first time in years

Inevitably one of McStay, Checkers, Shoota or Billy will miss a game and he can play the lead up role of those albeit not the same defensive pressure as the smaller guys but if he wants a game he'll have to buy into it. If he comes out and kicks 5 in round 1 we've got a beautiful KPF selection squeeze for the first time in years

For the time being I’m gonna stick with my sneaking suspicion that there’s 5 on the bench next year and we won’t be playing a resting ruck

Membrey doesn’t feel like a depth pick up to me

For the time being I’m gonna stick with my sneaking suspicion that there’s 5 on the bench next year and we won’t be playing a resting ruck

sneaking

I wont be upset one bit if they piss off the sub
I agree - we've had plenty of games where a young player was the sub, and spent most of the game on the bench.
Then they have to play VFL the next week to get game time - not the best way to get experience into them.
And half the time there's a bye in the VFL, so they don't play at all for a couple of weeks.
With 5 on the bench we're more likely to get AFL experience into our youngsters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think going from a sub to 5 on the bench will change the composition of the 23.

I don't think going from a sub to 5 on the bench will change the composition of the 23.

In terms of?

I think it might change how we use the second ruck

With a 5th rotation on the bench I think we may just use that to rotate the rucks and go with 6 proper forwards

In terms of?

I think it might change how we use the second ruck

With a 5th rotation on the bench I think we may just use that to rotate the rucks and go with 6 proper forwards

I don't. Nearly all clubs used the sub as a runner. And there will still be early injuries, so you'll be down to 22 early at times, and you don't want it to be the runners who get hit due to having too many forwards/rucks in the 22 that you don't want on the field together.

Plus rotating rucks on and off the bench will use up more of your interchange rotations.

Me waiting on that Tim Membrey “Hey Magpie Army” video

1729809960030.gif

I don't think Saints have delisted him yet. If they don't, you might be waiting until the draft.

My post was in jest because we won’t be getting the video until next Friday at the earliest

No doubt he's "super excited."

If I had to guess?

He can’t wait to meet the boys, get stuck into training and play in front of the massive crowds at the G

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back