List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Is he depth? Or can he genuinely displace one of our forwards (if everyone is fit)? If so, which one.

If Membrey becomes best 22, I think it'd be in Elliott's role with Elliott playing a less brutal, higher up the ground role.

Prob not if we draft a key forward
Also we don’t have a spot for msd unless there is a season injury
Which is possible but not something you can bank on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is there a specific window where we can add HH to the LTI list and free up a spot?

Jamie always looks at home on the rare occasions he attends centre bounces… question mark on his tank ?
He's got the skillset to play most roles. He could be very good on a wing, I think, in bursts though as I doubt he'd be able to rack up the kms of most wingers. I think you could work something so Hill, Elliott and WHE rotate through one of the wings - giving us genuine pace out wide in a role we haven'tusually had pace.

Last edited:
Wilba had no choice this year. We had no other tall forwards for large chunks of the year

It’s the role he has played for as long as I can recall- apart from bit of 2023 when he was pushed into defence.
Forward bit of wing

He's got the skillset to play most roles. He could be very good on a wing, I think, in bursts though as I doubt he'd be able to rack up the kms of most wingers. I think you could work something so Hill, Elliott and WHE rotate through one of the wings - giving us genuine pace out wide in a role we haven'tusually had pace.
We've played him a lot as a "key" forward, which, given he is a Collingwood six footer, is a big ask, made possible by his incredible marking.
Membrey is 10cm taller and a very good mark, so he could allow more of a roaming brief for Jamie.
Jamie's done some good things further up the ground, so it's certainly something to consider.

It’s the role he has played for as long as I can recall- apart from bit of 2023 when he was pushed into defence.
Forward bit of wing

He won't be the sole tall in our forward line, was my main point. He had to be our one & only kpf many times this year. Poor buggar.

He can be used elsewhere & in a variety of positions during matches as needed which I think is his strength.

Hopefully we get rid of the sub & have a 5 man interchange. It would suit him & all our other vets so much better 🤞

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who does he replace up forward? WHE? Similar role

Probably. WHE will likely go back to being that versatile jack of all trades instead of playing deep forward (even though that’s his best position imo).

If Membrey becomes best 22, I think it'd be in Elliott's role with Elliott playing a less brutal, higher up the ground role.
Yep, there’s probably a good argument that adding Membrey in to the forward mix could allow a few of our other forwards the opportunity to rotate a bit further up the ground. WHE, Jamie and Beau are the first that come to mind. Probably Schultz too, I think he rotated through the middle a little bit at Freo.

Last edited:
At 70 kgs ringing wet in juniors size was never an issue driving his junior performances
That’s because Coates league has congestion rules and he was able to run and jump at the ball. Still no idea why they do that, because having the under 18’s forwards having to deal with the same issues that AFL players have would make it far easier to judge which key talls are actually going to be worth selecting.

Also, wringing* not ringing. He’s not a doorbell.

Yep, there probably a good argument that adding Membrey in to the forward mix could allow a few of our other forwards the opportunity to rotate a bit further up the ground. WHE, Jamie and Beau are the first that come to mind. Probably Schultz too, I think he rotated through the middle a little bit at Freo.
I think Shoota has the potential to spend a bit of time in the midfield - the others have done a bit in the past.

Yep, there probably a good argument that adding Membrey in to the forward mix could allow a few of our other forwards the opportunity to rotate a bit further up the ground. WHE, Jamie and Beau are the first that come to mind. Probably Schultz too, I think he rotated through the middle a little bit at Freo.
Schultz is also pretty handy in terms of defensive efforts. Made some big tackles in the back half during the season. Seems to be no stranger to working up and down the field

He won't be the sole tall in our forward line, was my main point. He had to be our one & only kpf many times this year. Poor buggar.

He can be used elsewhere & in a variety of positions during matches as needed which I think is his strength.

Hopefully we get rid of the sub & have a 5 man interchange. It would suit him & all our other vets so much better

But again we need to find an extra position in the 23 but given there will always be injuries so prob find a way

I don't care about the Free Agent market disappearing, I just want to see one of these stories but for Bobby Hill.

There is no rush. He’s still contracted until end of 2026

5 man interchange bench should help

Not sure. Same 23 players you would generally play with a fit list. So you’re gonna have to leave someone else out
But leave that to the coaches to work through the structure

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back