List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Plus, seems he loves it there & good mate Perryman arriving... all looks +ve.

Plus what do contracts mean. If he wanted to leave mid contract even with an extension he or anyone could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure. Same 23 players you would generally play with a fit list. So you’re gonna have to leave someone else out
But leave that to the coaches to work through the structure

It would be a miracle to have everyone fit every week.. 😜

Houston can't play the first match, so there's the first opening available.

Plus what do contracts mean. If he wanted to leave mid contract even with an extension he or anyone could.

Yep Contracts keeping Players at Club does not really happen these Days

It would be a miracle to have everyone fit every week..

Houston can't play the first match, so there's the first opening available.

Yeah that’s very true. There will always be injuries

Parker seems to be the ideal candidate

That’s because Coates league has congestion rules and he was able to run and jump at the ball. Still no idea why they do that, because having the under 18’s forwards having to deal with the same issues that AFL players have would make it far easier to judge which key talls are actually going to be worth selecting.

Also, wringing* not ringing. He’s not a doorbell.

So you’re saying that the rules in Coates league lead to the drafting of too many doorbells.

Really makes you think…

giphy.gif

I’d be offering Sam Darcy a 6 yr $10m contract next year or Oscar Allen as a RFA 5yr $7.5m contract.
Ready made Key position forwards are our missing piece in the puzzle

Next years FA starting to go down
We will see a lot of this going into the early part of 2025

LDU and Richards are the ones to watch. Norfs improvement or lack thereof and Bevo being an erratic flog being the potential catalysts for moves.

I’d be offering Sam Darcy a 6 yr $10m contract next year or Oscar Allen as a RFA 5yr $7.5m contract.
Ready made Key position forwards are our missing piece in the puzzle
Darcy is a 3rd generation bulldog, there’s more chance of Nick leaving than there is him moving from the kennel. Having said that he’ll get monster offers coming his way regardless.

Membrey is more than handy as a mobile forward, having kicked 284 goals in his last 166 games, including 30 majors this year.
As a nimble runner capable of playing up field, Membrey shouldn’t interrupt Collingwood’s attacking style but his fit alongside Mihocek and McStay is questionable.

Amid a disappointing season, the Magpies’ small forwards delivered again.

No team was better at scoring when the ball got inside 50 than Collingwood, who scored on 53.5 per cent of entries.

But the Magpies were only middling at turning inside-50s into marks, doing so on 23.6 per cent of entires, ranking seventh in the league.
Adding an extra tall player could lead to more marks but more likely, it would slow down an attack that was deadly at ground level.

Collingwood simply couldn’t play all of Membrey, Mihocek, McStay and Mason Cox.

In an era when landing high-level key forwards is so tough, you have to hit on targets around the fringes and Membrey is a very low-cost pick up.

He may be 30 years old – and would be the 10th player over 30 on the Magpie list at the start of next season – but he fits with McRae’s new mantra of established players over picks.

With some concerns about Mihocek’s body given the miles in his legs, McStay hoping for a full season of fitness and Cox on a downward turn, another warm body is handy.

Membrey is more than handy as a mobile forward, having kicked 284 goals in his last 166 games, including 30 majors this year.
As a nimble runner capable of playing up field, Membrey shouldn’t interrupt Collingwood’s attacking style but his fit alongside Mihocek and McStay is questionable.

Amid a disappointing season, the Magpies’ small forwards delivered again.

No team was better at scoring when the ball got inside 50 than Collingwood, who scored on 53.5 per cent of entries.

But the Magpies were only middling at turning inside-50s into marks, doing so on 23.6 per cent of entires, ranking seventh in the league.
Adding an extra tall player could lead to more marks but more likely, it would slow down an attack that was deadly at ground level.

Collingwood simply couldn’t play all of Membrey, Mihocek, McStay and Mason Cox.

In an era when landing high-level key forwards is so tough, you have to hit on targets around the fringes and Membrey is a very low-cost pick up.

He may be 30 years old – and would be the 10th player over 30 on the Magpie list at the start of next season – but he fits with McRae’s new mantra of established players over picks.

With some concerns about Mihocek’s body given the miles in his legs, McStay hoping for a full season of fitness and Cox on a downward turn, another warm body is handy.

this article is barely 6 paras long but does about 8 back-flips, 4 U-turns and bet hedging that sportsbet would be proud of ..quality journalism

Heard K Cornes say this morning that McStay is not a true key forward - says he plays a flanker role like Luko

In terms of a style like comparison, that is car crash stuff from the Korn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back