List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Ideally we’d have a younger version than Membrey join the club but he’s coming off a great season and is clearly an upgrade on Kreuger. Too good to pass up on and stuff the demographics

I don’t want to see Reef delisted as a result of it though.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim Membrey’s numbers.

10th all time saints goal kickers.
Remove his 2 worst seasons for goal kicking where he played like 15 games combined in those seasons, he’s averaged 37 goals a season.
1.7 goals a game.

They’ve let him walk. For **** all.

Then why laugh at my post, campaigner.
Probably because they’ve been suggesting that we’ll take him for a week.

The only difference is today they confirmed that he passed his medical and he’ll be joining us, but that’s not what you said, so 🤷🏻

Tim Membrey’s numbers.

Remove his 2 worst seasons for goal kicking where he played like 15 games combined in those seasons, he’s averaged 37 goals a season.
1.7 goals a game.

It’s a pretty strange move to not offer a contract to a bloke who managed 30 goals in 19 games in a team that struggles to kick goals. But tbh I don’t think I’ll ever understand the way Ross Lyon operates.

Tim Membrey’s numbers.

1.7 goals a game.

It seems to have Ross Lyons fingerprints all over it

Tim Membrey’s numbers.

1.7 goals a game.

In a team known for not scoring more than 60pts. Even more impressive

It’s a pretty strange move to not offer a contract to a bloke who managed 30 goals in 19 games in a team that struggles to kick goals. But tbh I don’t think I’ll ever understand the way Ross Lyon operates.
He was an unrestricted free agent during trade week. They didn't have a hold on him at the time. It was probably agreed then that if he got an offer they were letting him go.

He was an unrestricted free agent during trade week. They didn't have a hold on him at the time. It was probably agreed then that if he got an offer they were letting him go.
That doesn’t answer why they never offered him a deal in the first place though.
It’s just a bizarre set of circumstances to let a 30 year old forward go who’s still clearly got a couple of years left in him.

Historically speaking, it is fair to say it is unlikely that we will have all of checkers, mcstay and cox available for selection at the same time. It is possible that membrey isn't seen as a starting 23 player , but more as an injury cover for all the fwds (both tall and small).
I don't think he will start ahead of cox as fly really values cox as an integral part of collingwoods structure.
Clearly won't start ahead of checkers and Mcstay (if both are healthy) , and won't start ahead of hill,elliot,mcreery,schultz ( a group that allowed Collingwood to be the no 1 team for scores from inside 50 entries ) .

That doesn’t answer why they never offered him a deal in the first place though.
It’s just a bizarre set of circumstances to let a 30 year old forward go who’s still clearly got a couple of years left in him.
I think there was an article saying they offered one year, but he wanted 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back