List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

“Kick goal bad.” - Ross Lyon
I think you will fine because the saints have King and want to give games to Camanini was the reason they got rid of Membrey. there in rebuilding mode.
I also heard his a well liked player at stkilda, with his mental issues Stkilda didn't want to force the issue to make it hard for him to leave.
In other words ask for draft picks in exchange.

A small detail of the Houston trade …

Port ended up with pick 50.

We ended up with pick 58.

Looking at what’s currently between 50 and 58 …

50 - Acquired by Port in the Houston trade.

51 - Acquired by Gold Coast in the Rioli trade. It’s expected that this will get extinguished when they pick up their Academy player Leo Lombard in the first round.

52 - Held by us.

53 - Held by Essendon. It’s expected that this will get extinguished when they pick up their Academy player Isaac Kako in the first round.

54 - Held by Essendon. Ditto.

55 - Held by us.

56 - Held by GWS. They do have a few academy players (Bell and Smith) but don’t think they’re expected to go early? Dunno if GWS will pick one of them at either this pick or earlier?

57 - Held by Geelong. This is their 2nd pick, so imagine it will be a live pick?

58 - Acquired by us in the Houston trade.

So the difference between 50 and 58 will probably end up being effectively the difference between 50 and 53.

It hasn't been reported anywhere that we offered him 2 years.

I'm not sure if that article is correct because it contradicts every other article which said he wasn't offered a contract by Saints at all.
It doesn’t really matter at the end of the day whether stkilda offered him one year or not.

If they did offer one year on paltry terms, he may well have decided “ nah stuff it I’ll go elsewhere where I might be respected, even if the contract terms are no better at least I have a chance of a fresh start with a coach whose name isn’t Ross Lyon”.

51 - Acquired by Gold Coast in the Rioli trade. It’s expected that this will get extinguished when they pick up their Academy player Leo Lombard in the first round.

52 - Held by us.

53 - Held by Essendon. It’s expected that this will get extinguished when they pick up their Academy player Isaac Kako in the first round.

55 - Held by us.

56 - Held by GWS. They do have a few academy players (Bell and Smith) but don’t think they’re expected to go early? Dunno if GWS will pick one of them at either this pick or earlier?

57 - Held by Geelong. This is their 2nd pick, so imagine it will be a live pick?

So the difference between 50 and 58 will probably end up being effectively the difference between 50 and 53.
And two of those picks in between are ours anyway?

52 - Held by us.

55 - Held by us.

Speculating on how it stands now and what picks will be used for points we could end up with the equivalent of picks 44/45 and 48 . Could be slightly higher than this once they start swapping picks for more points

It doesn’t really matter at the end of the day whether stkilda offered him one year or not.

If they did offer one year on paltry terms, he may well have decided “ nah stuff it I’ll go elsewhere where I might be respected, even if the contract terms are no better at least I have a chance of a fresh start with a coach whose name isn’t Ross Lyon”.
Yeah I know it doesn't matter.

My reply was only in response to a conversation/question about whether he was offered a contract by Saints or not. There was only one article I could find (by a dubious outlet) which said he was offered one by St Kilda.

Yeah I know it doesn't matter.

My reply was only in response to a conversation/question about whether he was offered a contract by Saints or not. There was only one article I could find (by a dubious outlet) which said he was offered one by St Kilda.

We will probably never know but it’s fair to assume there was a falling out to some degree. From the outside looking in, it has some Luke Ball overtones , to me at least.

I think I read membrey is ranked 10 in stkilda s all time goal kickers.

By way of comparison our number 10 if my research is correct… is Brian Taylor. Who also incidentally I believe was our last century goalkicker.

If he’s as good as BT we’ve nailed a ripper. Even at age 30.
Membrey sits 11th on St Kilda's all-time goalkicking list: https://afltables.com/afl/stats/alltime/stkilda.html

I'm not at all convinced about making such comparisons, but the mighty Des Fothergill sits in 11th spot for us!: https://afltables.com/afl/stats/alltime/collingwood.html

Even better!

I do think Membrey is a shrewd pick-up, and I'm glad we're getting him. He probably won't be as good as Fothergill was for us, however!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Membrey sits 11th on St Kilda's all-time goalkicking list: https://afltables.com/afl/stats/alltime/stkilda.html

I'm not at all convinced about making such comparisons, but the mighty Des Fothergill sits in 11th spot for us!: https://afltables.com/afl/stats/alltime/collingwood.html

Even better!

I do think Membrey is a shrewd pick-up, and I'm glad we're getting him. He probably won't be as good as Fothergill was for us, however!
Good, because they’re ridiculously dumb!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back