List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I have made no comment on it for you to back in, I asked the question on whether he has.

You do know the difference yeah?

You also don't know his specific role the club wants from him yet.

Reckon I can take a decent stab at it.

The club has stated or implied it needs ready-to-go bodies in the midfield to protect Nick and also to start weaning off over relying on veterans like Pendles Sidey and Mitchell, especially with the slow progress of players like Macrae. Allan is a prospect but he’s still in development after just one good game in a meaningless dead rubber.

They have already expressly nominated Houston for the Noble role at half back

They previously recruited Schultz as a pressure forward

They have also stated that they value Perrymans versatility. Not hard to conclude that he might be a fresh pair of legs to come into the midfield as he was doing for the Giants a few years ago, given Houston is joining the backline and that defensive forward role seems to be also taken. It stands to reason Perryman is earmarked for some type of midfield role.

The club has stated or implied it needs ready-to-go bodies in the midfield to protect Nick and also to start weaning off over relying on veterans like Pendles Sidey and Mitchell, especially with the slow progress of players like Macrae. Allan is a prospect but he’s still in development after just one good game in a meaningless dead rubber.

They have also stated that they value Perrymans versatility. Not hard to conclude that he might be a fresh pair of legs to come into the midfield as he was doing for the Giants a few years ago, given Houston is joining the backline and that defensive forward role seems to be also taken. It stands to reason Perryman is earmarked for some type of midfield role.
Agree, Harry says as much in his welcome video :

"When speaking about what Collingwood fans can expect from him on the field, Perryman highlighted the way he helps others on and off the field.

“I always pride myself on being the best possible teammate and doing the team thing to make the team better and whether that’s in the midfield or down back, it’s about making sure I get my role done,” said Perryman.

In the midfield does not mean inside midfielder like T.Mitchell.

You stated he would be our new inside mid. I asked has he ever done it and to a high level.

Agree, Harry says as much in his welcome video :

"When speaking about what Collingwood fans can expect from him on the field, Perryman highlighted the way he helps others on and off the field.

“I always pride myself on being the best possible teammate and doing the team thing to make the team better and whether that’s in the midfield or down back, it’s about making sure I get my role done,” said Perryman.

Yeah midfield or back what ever the role.

That is not specific midfield role of inside midfielder which the question was about and whether he had ever played it consistently and to what level he had.

A small detail of the Houston trade …

Port ended up with pick 50.

We ended up with pick 58.

Looking at what’s currently between 50 and 58 …

50 - Acquired by Port in the Houston trade.

51 - Acquired by Gold Coast in the Rioli trade. It’s expected that this will get extinguished when they pick up their Academy player Leo Lombard in the first round.

52 - Held by us.

53 - Held by Essendon. It’s expected that this will get extinguished when they pick up their Academy player Isaac Kako in the first round.

54 - Held by Essendon. Ditto.

55 - Held by us.

56 - Held by GWS. They do have a few academy players (Bell and Smith) but don’t think they’re expected to go early? Dunno if GWS will pick one of them at either this pick or earlier?

57 - Held by Geelong. This is their 2nd pick, so imagine it will be a live pick?

58 - Acquired by us in the Houston trade.

So the difference between 50 and 58 will probably end up being effectively the difference between 50 and 53.
Our picks will probably end up being roughly #45, #46 and #49.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the midfield does not mean inside midfielder like T.Mitchell.

You stated he would be our new inside mid. I asked has he ever done it and to a high level.

If you read the original post I replied to it was about an inside mid or a good approximation to one.

Perryman will fill that role. Mitchell will be available ( and no reason to think he won’t be), so Mitchell fill the Mitchell role.

Perryman will join the rotations and play inside and outside as the game requires. It’s not as if good players can’t do both.

I NEVER said he’d be the new inside mid.

It's okay Dave. We've got Membrey. It's just a mere formality with the date 😜

I know you're very particular about when you do your Welcome threads.
Just saying what it is Officially at the Moment

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back