List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I am having dreams about Perryman being a Jordan Dawson-like success story. Am I crazy? Is it possible?

Got Houston and Perrymen Getting Membery on 1st of November when DFA Starts
Chill out Dave, Membrey signing is just a formality at this point, you don’t need to correct people on this.

Yes.
You can take that as an answer to whichever question you like! ;)
Can Essendon & Carlton miss the finals next year?
Geelong? Hawthorn?

Episode 4 Yes GIF by Ninja Warrior

Keen to see what people think about this.
Say we win the premiership next year and few of our older brigade decide it's time to hang up, say : Pendles/sidebottom ( or both) , cox, Elliot, Howe .
We then land LDU in free agency.
Now do we :
a) be satisfied with 2 in 3 and a undergo a quick rebuild on the fly ( by trading someone like JDG to get a tom barrass like haul )knowing that we may potentially lose WHE, Mitchell,checkers and potentially crisp the year after. Keeping in mind, in this scenario the addition of LDU would offset the loss of JDG.Then really hitting the draft hard to bring in a whole new wave of young talent , with the view of prioritizing their development in the following few years.
b) try to top up on senior players by trading in experienced players cheaply ( we offer to take majority of their salary and pay a lower draft capital in return) and maintain our ability to seriously compete for 2-3 years after next year's premiership . That way we maximize on the remaining prime years of the players who are currently in the 26-29 age bracket. The downside being, we risk being in a rebuild mode by the time Naicos turns 25 .

Membrey is such a good pickup, we no longer have to risk being compromised structurally whenever someone like checkers or mcstay are out injured, or even Elliot for that matter. He can push up the field like checkers and is strong enough to be a marking target up fwd like mcstay .
Unless……

I suppose Fly and Leppa would know him quite well from their days at the Tiggers.

I would be happy with Cumberland - initially I was no as u remember Dimmo used to have a crack at him all the time for going missing in games etc

However, he is a decent left foot kick and can kick a goal. Would be a good cheap replacement for Richards. Rookie list ?

I would be happy with Cumberland - initially I was no as u remember Dimmo used to have a crack at him all the time for going missing in games etc

However, he is a decent left foot kick and can kick a goal. Would be a good cheap replacement for Richards. Rookie list ?
depends what we do with reef/Long.
If we sign them both, we wont have a rookie spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard K Cornes say this morning that McStay is not a true key forward - says he plays a flanker role like Luko

In terms of a style like comparison, that is car crash stuff from the Korn

So Travis Cloke was a flanker to Kane?

Because Cloke and McStay are the same size

Membrey is such a good pickup, we no longer have to risk being compromised structurally whenever someone like checkers or mcstay are out injured, or even Elliot for that matter. He can push up the field like checkers and is strong enough to be a marking target up fwd like mcstay .

It's baffling as to why the Saints didn't hold onto him. The Saints holding off on offering him a new contract has opened the door for us, and he's going to be a very handy pick-up.
A forward who has kicked 30+ goals in 3 of the past 4 seasons (Membrey only played the 7 games in '23) is fantastic for us, and is definitely going to give Checkers a bit more freedom up forward. So we could see another 40+ goal (hopefully for the first time 50+ goals) season from Checkers, which he's only done twice in his career in '22 and '23. I feel he is going to love having Membrey up forward with him.

Last edited:
It's baffling as to why the Saints didn't hold onto him. The Saints holding off on offering him a new contract has opened the door for us, and he's going to be a very handy pick-up.
A forward who has kicked 30+ goals in 3 of the past 4 seasons (Membrey only played the 7 games in '23) is fantastic for us, and is definitely going to give Checkers a bit more freedom up forward, so we could see another 40+ goal (hopefully for the first time 50+ goals) season from Checkers, which he's only done twice in his career in '22 and '23. I feel he is going to love having Membrey up forward with him.

I tend to believe the articles that suggest he was offered a year and think the articles that say he wasn't offered a contract are looking at a different time frame.

This is the second free agency period for him. My guess is he was initially offered one year before the first free agency period and told saints he was looking elsewhere. Saints said see you later.

For this FA period, they could ensure he can't walk as a dfa by not delisting him and keeping a contract in front of him, but it would be a pretty shitty move where he'd probably just nominate for the draft and get to us anyway. So for this fa period he's not got a contract in front of him and they're just going to delist him.

Love the Membrey pick up. Addresses our lack of consistent goal kickers. Our age demographic and reliance on a lot of those older players get insurance with Membrey, also Perryman/Houston.

Membrey is a significantly better goal kicker than any of our forwards bar Brody and Brody is 32 yo in 2025. We lack goalkickers. I can see Membrey leading our goalkicking in 2025. Recent years it hasnt been an award very hard to win. He addresses a real need.

With age we have 4 of the oldest 16 players in the comp coming into 2025 and below those 4 we have Brody, Jamie, WHE, Mitchell, Crisp and now Membrey ( who is youngest of that group). Players in their 30s often drop off, and especially 32, 33, 34 etc. We have a big contingent of important players in this group and we have to realistically expect they all cant defy their age and some will drop off in 25.

I think Brody M is one of the bigger risks as he has hammered himself and KPFs dont have great longevity overall. He will be 32 in 2025. Jst had a look at the 32 yos of 2024. There were 27 of them and 9 are now retired. Attrition rate 33%. Almost all of those 9 had seasons well below how their career averages went. A number of the other 18 are only just going heading into 25

Point being that a number of Pendles, Sidey, Howe, Cox, Brody and Jamie in particular can be expected to have a biggish drop off in output in 25 and maybe need replacing in the best 22. Membrey will be integral to replacing the output of some of our older players.

He will be clear best 22 in 2025 for mine.

Love the Membrey pick up. Addresses our lack of consistent goal kickers. Our age demographic and reliance on a lot of those older players get insurance with Membrey, also Perryman/Houston.

Membrey is a significantly better goal kicker than any of our forwards bar Brody and Brody is 32 yo in 2025. We lack goalkickers. I can see Membrey leading our goalkicking in 2025. Recent years it hasnt been an award very hard to win. He addresses a real need.

With age we have 4 of the oldest 16 players in the comp coming into 2025 and below those 4 we have Brody, Jamie, WHE, Mitchell, Crisp and now Membrey ( who is youngest of that group). Players in their 30s often drop off, and especially 32, 33, 34 etc. We have a big contingent of important players in this group and we have to realistically expect they all cant defy their age and some will drop off in 25.

I think Brody M is one of the bigger risks as he has hammered himself and KPFs dont have great longevity overall. He will be 32 in 2025. Jst had a look at the 32 yos of 2024. There were 27 of them and 9 are now retired. Attrition rate 33%. Almost all of those 9 had seasons well below how their career averages went. A number of the other 18 are only just going heading into 25

Point being that a number of Pendles, Sidey, Howe, Cox, Brody and Jamie in particular can be expected to have a biggish drop off in output in 25 and maybe need replacing in the best 22. Membrey will be integral to replacing the output of some of our older players.

He will be clear best 22 in 2025 for mine.
Agree.
When you index the quality of Membreys performance within a crap defensively minded team, he’s even better than the stats indicate.

And we should’ve picked up years ago when he could have been got the cost of an old dim sim, and possibly would have if it weren’t for a salary cap in distress.

I tend to believe the articles that suggest he was offered a year and think the articles that say he wasn't offered a contract are looking at a different time frame.

This is the second free agency period for him. My guess is he was initially offered one year before the first free agency period and told saints he was looking elsewhere. Saints said see you later.

For this FA period, they could ensure he can't walk as a dfa by not delisting him and keeping a contract in front of him, but it would be a pretty shitty move where he'd probably just nominate for the draft and get to us anyway. So for this fa period he's not got a contract in front of him and they're just going to delist him.
Or, just maybe, the one article from a not very reputable website claiming he’d been offered a contract was incorrect, and all the other articles from mainstream outlets claiming he hadn’t been offered a contract at all were right.

A shocking concept.

Or, just maybe, the one article from a not very reputable website claiming he’d been offered a contract was incorrect, and all the other articles from mainstream outlets claiming he hadn’t been offered a contract at all were right.

A shocking concept.
But it wasn't just that one article. It was mentioned during trade week.

It makes sense to me that reports now saying no contract offer are correct, but he may also have been offered a contract that he didn't want prior to trade week.

We may or may not find out when he does interviews after signing with us.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back