List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread has appears to have on-going concussion symptoms...
chuck norris punch GIF

Jarryd Blair was great at tackling and applying pressure though. He was very undersized but the effort was very high every game. Sullivan does not play like Blair at all.

Closest to Blair effort wise is Schult, except Schultz is 3 to 4 inches taller and has burst
When Blair first played for us he was an in and under midfielder in the Sullivan mould. Short and slow with no stand out traits. Never rated his pressure or tackling from memory but that was the reason he was in Buck's side in the forward line. Most of his career was as a forward but before that when in the midfield I would say his game mirrored Sullivan.

It’s like walking around with a weapon
One of them was 4th dan & one of his students said to me once, "If Russell needed to, he could fight his way through all of these guys & walk away..."

(We were in a large nightclub with about 80 military personnel).

I've always taken that seriously as the dude telling me that was a massive soldier I had played basketball with who looked like he could eat me for breakfast, & there he was talking in hushed, reverent terms about my goofy-looking housemate Russell.

Last edited:
Richards would be the most likely with his Collingwood heritage
He’s the one I think we should target, not necessarily because of his name but because he’s that speedy running type that suits our play style.

What's moronic is some morons claiming other people are morons because one group of morons lacks the required levels of dna inspired moronicity to agree with the other group of morons
Shut up you moron

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jarryd Blair was great at tackling and applying pressure though. He was very undersized but the effort was very high every game. Sullivan does not play like Blair at all.

Closest to Blair effort wise is Schult, except Schultz is 3 to 4 inches taller and has burst
Was he though? One of the biggest gripes with Blair was that his tackles were easy to break and he spent a lot of time corralling players with the ball rather than attempting to put genuine tackling pressure on them.
He did well to play as many games as he did, but he’s not even close to Schultz as a pressure forward (and Schultz only has about 1.5 inches on him, so not anywhere near as big of a size difference as you claim).

Membrey means we NEVER should play Billy up forward again. Hopefully having a defined role will do him good. There was a period in early 2024 when Billy was our top defensive stopper.
I genuinely thought you meant Elliott for a moment there when you said Billy, and was baffled 😅

One of them was 4th dan & one of his students said to me once, "If Russell needed to, he could fight his way through all of these guys & walk away..."

(We were in a large nightclub with about 80 military personnel).

I've always taken that seriously as the dude telling me that was a massive soldier I had played basketball with who looked like he could eat me for breakfast, & there he was talking in hushed, reverent terms about my goofy-looking housemate Russell.
Cool dude

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back