List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Only way for that to happen is to delist reef given he is the only one left TBA on the senior list.
But the noise has been quiet on that front the moment we went for membrey so don't think we'll go both
2 in ND + rookie upgrade opens up a rookie spot for Tomlinson (whilst still retaining Reef)
OR
they go 3 in ND, HH onto LTi and pick up Tomlinson via SSP (whilst still retaining Reef)

2 in ND + rookie upgrade opens up a rookie spot for Tomlinson (whilst still retaining Reef)
OR
they go 3 in ND, HH onto LTi and pick up Tomlinson via SSP (whilst still retaining Reef)
Word is we're taking 3 in the ND (given our picks are close together, might as well), so the 2nd option is a possibility if they put HH on the inactive list
We'll know a bit more later this week, they'll have to finalise the list spots before DFA.

Last edited:
OR
Yep, there're options.
I'm guessing Tomlinson would prefer to have a list spot of some type, sooner rather than later, if we are still keean.

Last edited:
Do we have room to re-rookie reef if that was the route we went down?

I like Reef but fear his time might be up - but I would love us to give him a proper summer and a full year at FB before letting him walk.
We’d be better off re-signing Reef if we want to keep him and then delisting and re-rookie listing AJ. Reef will be eligible to go anywhere as a delisted free agent if we made that attempt and I’d imagine there would be a few clubs who would take a shot on him for free.

We’d be better off re-signing Reef if we want to keep him and then delisting and re-rookie listing AJ. Reef will be eligible to go anywhere as a delisted free agent if we made that attempt and I’d imagine there would be a few clubs who would take a shot on him for free.
Or simply delisting Long and just adding Tomlinson or whoever the target is in the rookie draft.

Or simply delisting Long and just adding Tomlinson or whoever the target is in the rookie draft.
Honestly I can’t believe we haven’t delisted Long already. He’s clearly not AFL standard. Rupert Wills reincarnated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just delist Long and pick up Tomlinson in the RD. Then HH goes in LTI list and Tomlinson comes onto main list. Easy. Long is a spud.
Doesn't work that way. You cant draft someone in the rookie draft then move them to the senior list in the same off season

Just delist Long and pick up Tomlinson in the RD. Then HH goes in LTI list and Tomlinson comes onto main list. Easy. Long is a spud.
Why would that even be necessary?

We did pretty well with Shane Wakelin.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back