List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly I can’t believe we haven’t delisted Long already. He’s clearly not AFL standard. Rupert Wills reincarnated.

Wills could def find the footy better. In that last carlton game I was bemused at the fact we left long on cripps to go on a warpath for nearly the whole 2nd half (obviously stopping cripps is tough but)

Long is bigger+more athletic but can't see him playing afl footy unless we are crippled by injury.

Wills could def find the footy better. In that last carlton game I was bemused at the fact we left long on cripps to go on a warpath for nearly the whole 2nd half (obviously stopping cripps is tough but)

Long is bigger+more athletic but can't see him playing afl footy unless we are crippled by injury.
Depends if what we saw was all he's got. Felt like he was given a defensive remit and became too reactive to be effective - even defensively. Just looked slow of body and mind. But maybe there's more there if he gets the approach right?

Jaiydn Stephenson as a DFA anyone?

😂😂
I feel sad about this
A young man who totally lost his way

we “could’ve” and should’ve had a flag in 2018

• if Treloar had one ounce of composure instead of manically running forward with ~2.30 to go and kicking it straight to McGovern for no reason
  • if Langdon had paused, held onto the ball and asked the ump who to hand the ball to instead of giving straight to Ryan and allowing him to rush it forward before we could set up
  • if the umpire had paid a blatant block on Maynard

I loved watching us that year and Stevo is a huge reason for both that and why we should have won the cup

Buckley was quick to determine that Stevo didn't have what it takes.

Geelong will have a sniff for sure.
A sniff at what? He’s retired under contract, he’s not going to another club.

I feel sad about this

• if Treloar had one ounce of composure instead of manically running forward with ~2.30 to go and kicking it straight to McGovern for no reason
  • if Langdon had paused, held onto the ball and asked the ump who to hand the ball to instead of giving straight to Ryan and allowing him to rush it forward before we could set up

I loved watching us that year and Stevo is a huge reason for both that and why we should have won the cup
His life choices are his own

I feel sad about this

No mention of De Goey trailing his man McGovern by 20 metres when he took that mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel sad about this

Collingwood supporters were robbed of so many great success stories that year
Tyson Goldsack's remarkable return for finals after an ACL in March
Varcoe winning a medal a month after his sister tragically passed away on field
Mayne redemption story
Jaidyn Stephenson wins premiership in remarkable debut season
Mihocek an even better debut season story, filling a key forward position after years of draft rejection
Treloar redemption after the infamous 2015 comments about Richmond
Buckley finally salutes

And the heartaching story of Murray Swinton, the firefighter with MND that Buckley dressed up as a firefighter for on Queen's Birthday. He passed away just two weeks after the grand final.

The Eagles were a great side. I'm not particularly bitter anymore, but that GF win would have been the cream on the best year to ever support Collingwood.

Collingwood supporters were robbed of so many great success stories that year

And the heartaching story of Murray Swinton, the firefighter with MND that Buckley dressed up as a firefighter for on Queen's Birthday. He passed away just two weeks after the grand final.

The Eagles were a great side. I'm not particularly bitter anymore, but that GF win would have been the cream on the best year to ever support Collingwood.
It took me months and months to get over the loss
I prob had irrational scars in the form of how I felt about certain players after that

I dont think you can cast a sports person playing at the top level for 6 odd years as mentally weak , bit rough
Even so, I think there was a bit of that. Didnt want to do the hard yards, and couldnt adhere to the toughness required.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back