List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't need to though. Why would we move him to senior list?
Exactly. Makes no sense. It doesn't matter if you're on the senior or rookie list, doesn't affect your ability to play.
And you've been delisted, I think you can handle a rookie spot.

I am curious to see what we do with charlie dean. If we choose to let him go, we will be extremely light in the kpd department . Would think in that scenario, we either draft 2 kpd or 1 kpd and maybe tomlinson ?

I am curious to see what we do with charlie dean. If we choose to let him go, we will be extremely light in the kpd department . Would think in that scenario, we either draft 2 kpd or 1 kpd and maybe tomlinson ?
If we let him go an experienced kpd is a must

I just realised we can keep charlie dean on our rookie list for another 2 seasons since he has played less than 10 games in the 3 seasons he has been on it. Would think if he has no interest from other clubs, we will put him on the rookie list again.

The age implied Dean would get a contract, and he isn't on the SEN list of OOC

Still out of contract: Ned Long, Reef McInnes

Would personally prefer J. Hayes to A. Tomlinson.

The former showed a bit when he was on the park, and - if he's over his injury problems - appears to have a significant upside.

The latter has already shown his ceiling - and it isn't high.
The Hayes interest died off once they zeroed in on Membrey.

Assuming they re-sign reef and with the addition of membrey we are at 35.
Think we will use all 3 picks in the draft , taking us to 38 max.

Rookie -
smit
sully
dean (if he hasn't been picked up) or tomlinson
leave one spot open for ssp

Assuming they re-sign reef and with the addition of membrey we are at 35.
Think we will use all 3 picks in the draft , taking us to 38 max.

Rookie -
smit
sully
dean (if he hasn't been picked up) or tomlinson
leave one spot open for ssp
If we re-sign Long, he takes the rookie spot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we re-sign Long, he takes the rookie spot
I think we hold off on doing that. It is good to have that extra spot just in case we pick up an injury during pre-season . We can use that last spot to address any position requirement.

With perryman,sully(1 yr extension),houston potential midfield minutes, hopefully healthy titch and JDG, there is just no room for long.

How long can Smit stay on the rookie list Jen? I reckon he ls the most likely to be promoted to senior spot next year if the opportunity presents.
He can stay on the rookie list up to 5 years depending on how many afl games he plays in his first 3 years. So atm, its three years. He's only been on the rookie list for 6 months lol

Would personally prefer J. Hayes to A. Tomlinson.

The former showed a bit when he was on the park, and - if he's over his injury problems - appears to have a significant upside.

The latter has already shown his ceiling - and it isn't high.
Totally agree with you , unfortunately for Hayes and his admirers , whom I also would prefer they go for , they are committed to Tomlinson.

Totally agree with you , unfortunately for Hayes and his admirers , whom I also would prefer they go for , they are committed to Tomlinson.
It’s about addressing immediate needs imo.
Membrey adds to our forward line, Tomlinson adds to the backline.

Anyone else still find it bizarre that the Saints (a) cut Membrey in the first place and (b) didn’t even attempt to get something for him in return?

It’s not as though the Saints are over-endowed with reliable medium/tall forwards.

At face value it looks like a gift for us but anything that seems too good to be true usually is. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Anyone else still find it bizarre that the Saints (a) cut Membrey in the first place and (b) didn’t even attempt to get something for him in return?

It’s not as though the Saints are over-endowed with reliable medium/tall forwards.

At face value it looks like a gift for us but anything that seems too good to be true usually is. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He was an unrestricted free agent at trade time. They couldn't have gotten anything for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back