List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I find it odd seeing people say "they need replacing"

We've replaced them already. It's the wave after that we need.

Pendles = Nick Daicos
Sidebottom = Josh Daicos
Howe = (would have been) Murphy, could have been Sofronidis, but I guess short term is Dean? Longer term TJ?

But then Nick, Josh et all need support coming through behind them. That's the issue.
Frampton has replaced Murphy already and yes TJ and Dean are next in line to replace Howe , alongside possibly Ryan.

Teams evolve, they always do.

If you were going to target anyone from Brisbane, I’d target Daniher.
The guy seems a flog, and I hate his pouncy mustacca, but he’d be the perfect forward/ruck for us.

His style would slot right into our game plan.

Dreams are free.
Agree fully with all points. He’d be outstanding for us. Perfect for the whipping boy thread as well.
Also would rankle Essendon fans immensely which is an added bonus.

Ok. I’m going to absolutely contradict my previous statements about only targeting youth (25 yrs or younger).

The more I think about the Western Bulldogs selection shitshow, the more they seem ripe for the picking.

I reckon we could get both Caleb Daniel and Bailey Dale out of the club for peanuts (equivalent of a combined second round pick - probably two third rounders).

Plus them picking up a hefty portion of their remaining contract (Daniel supposedly has 2years at close to $700k / Dale has 3 years left at an unknown but presumably hefty amount).

Dale could be a handy short to medium term replacement for Sidey on an wing and Daniel could add some much needed kicking skills from either the defensive or half forward line.

Sure it doesn’t address the long term, but it will provide us a bit more time to sort it out and cost very little.

Ultimately a reverse Treloar.

Last edited:

Ok. I’m going to absolutely contradict my previous statements about only targeting youth (25 yrs or younger).

The more I think about the Western Bulldogs selection shitshow, the more they seem ripe for the picking.

I reckon we could get both Caleb Daniel and Bailey Dale out of the club for peanuts (equivalent of a combined second round pick - probably two third rounders).

Plus them picking up a hefty portion of their remaining contract (Daniel supposedly has 2years at close to $700k / Dale has 3 years left at an unknown but presumably hefty amount).

Dale could be a handy short to medium term replacement for Sidey on an wing and Daniel could add some much needed kicking skills from either the defensive or half forward line.

Sure it doesn’t address the long term, but it will provide us a bit more time to sort it out and cost very little.

why do we need Daniel?

Where would Daniel play? Not interested in him.

Bailey Dale, however, would be a good addition at half-back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why do we need Daniel?
If we only had to pay 500k or so for him he’d be a good pick up

Can play roles in defence, midfield, forward.

And would be one of the best ball users in the side

Probably has 5 years left in him at top level

Dale is 27 too but I think the speed of the game will catch up to him sooner than Daniel

He was a pretty good inside midfield at the start of his career. No idea if he could be resurrected there?
We'd be giving up a lot defensively with him in the middle.

I’d assume he’d play the Nick Daicos role at HB.
Didn't he get moved out of the backline last season because teams were taking advantage of his defensive weakness?

Are we able to replace Murph outside of the MSD? Like another SSP?
I believe the only in season mechanism to replace him currently is the MSD. SSP are set periods during the off season as are DFA. There has been discussion about bringing in a Mid Season Trade period including trading for draft picks but it hasn’t been brought in this year.

Can he not stick a tackle?
I think he can 'stick' tackles... okay? Okay at best. His defensive work I50 as a forward last season was to my eye poor, and he gets brushed aside easily. I don't think I'd want to be pairing him with De Goey and Daicos, who are already attacking-minded

I didn't realise that Daniel has played 180 games for the Dogs. I always thought he was a bit younger than he is.

Critics of his are saying that teams are playing through his man at half forward due to his inability to challenge in the air.

To me he's someone who could play the role that Ginnivan is currently playing at Hawthorn - start in the forward half but push up the ground onto the wings where he can either be used around stoppage or as an outlet kick who can then subsequently set up field position and maintain possession.

The outlet kick when exiting back 50 (if a team can't go straight through the middle) appears to either be a long kick down the line or a short kick 45 degrees to just backward of centre wing. Hitting the short option doesn't completely negate a team's ability to re-enter the corridor, but requires someone with a precise kick, which is what Daniel has.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back