List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn’t this history now irrelevant- given the perpetrators have moved on?

If the thief is jailed… do you go back to leaving your doors open? Or do you act on the side of caution knowing what can occur ?

I know I’m the latter.

Offering multiple years first round picks, huge contract and having the ability to trade out future cap space is just asking for more future trouble

The Dogs seem the most exposed and there seems to be something wrong at that club which might just make it easier to pry players out. They have so many players who will command big dollars. The maths can’t add up.
I think Carlton will run into this issue too. They need a flag before their cap bites.

Is naughton a million dollar forward? He’s a great player but I look at the million club as players like Cameron, free kick curnow, etc.

I think he’s a step below them. JUH will be though.

English a mill? Not for me. He’s way too uncompetitive.
The Bullies might bd open to trading Naughton and pay some of his wage if it helps keep JUH.

Then WHY are we TANKING for him????

It just seemed like a good idea, and then everybody started copying one another…

giphy.gif

If the thief is jailed… do you go back to leaving your doors open? Or do you act on the side of caution knowing what can occur ?

I know I’m the latter.

Offering multiple years first round picks, huge contract and having the ability to trade out future cap space is just asking for more future trouble
I think our Club is mature enough to learn from the past.

3rd tall types to target with RFA/UFA/out of contract. The club is probably hoping now they can convince Howe to stick around another year when looking through this.

J.Henry (lol)
C.Marchbank
D.Grainger-Barras
N.Haynes
J.Kolodjashnij
J.Battle

Battle would be the only one on that list worth pursuing
Hayes is the best of them but is 32 so is a no for me.
Henry would be handy. He can play small or tall and would the best one to target out of this group, but is no chance of leaving.
Marchbank can play and is a good player imo but is injury prone. But maybe by leaving Carlton for a half decent fitness team we could fix that.
Battle would be okay, but is nothing special. I feel that we sort of have him covered internally.
Kolo would be a no for me personally.
DGB looks like a bust.

I love the pick purchasing concept and was banging on about cap space a a tradable commodity 5 years ago. As a pro I wouldn’t be touching it for a few years to see what the market rate is, but you’d be absolutely mad to be purchasing picks unless you’re in the doldrums like a North or WC and can parlay the purchased pick into an actual prize.

A pick purchase will wind up a circa $1m investment ($500k+ salary cap space and at least a $300k in developing the draftee) on what will essentially be 4-1 odds. I’m taking that money and going with the 1-1 odds of the known quantity extra cap space gives you every day of the week. I’m really keen to see the parameters the league puts in around it, how it’s all structured by the clubs and how they value a pick in a $ sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know I’m the latter.

AFL is an entertainment industry. There will be perks that come from these rules and mistakes.

I'd be very happy to see TJ get a couple of games. He won't be able to play shutdown man-on-man, but he could provide the speed to contest and spoils.
I think TJ will be really solid. Super fluid athlete who seems to get to the right places on the field. Definitely high on his prospects long-term as an intercepting mid-sized defender

I think TJ will be really solid. Super fluid athlete who seems to get to the right places on the field. Definitely high on his prospects long-term as an intercepting mid-sized defender
His athleticism should allow him to play higher up the ground in a defensive press. This should alleviate any weakness he may have playing one-on-one against bigger forwards.

I was pretty happy with what I saw on Sunday - he looked to be well-positioned, showed he can read the play ahead of him and when he got the ball he didn't mess around or look indecisive.

I reckon they will let English go and free up cap there
Presumably they've made offers to English and Smith that allow for them to retain JUH, however won't stand in their way if both accept higher offers from other clubs. West Coast are likely to be looking closely at English and Smith apparently has a number of suitors, including Geelong, Hawthorn and us.

Hopefully Hawthorn are successful in their pursuit of Smith; I'm not convinced that he's a good fit for us for the money he will most likely command.

3rd tall types to target with RFA/UFA/out of contract. The club is probably hoping now they can convince Howe to stick around another year when looking through this.

J.Henry (lol)
C.Marchbank
D.Grainger-Barras
N.Haynes
J.Kolodjashnij
J.Battle
Henry - not moving
Marchbank - Carlton Kreuger
Grainger-Barras - bust
Haynes - old
Kolodjashnij - heart says yes, head says he’s one of Geelong’s whipping boys and settled in the city anyway.
Battle - the best out of the lot.

J.Henry (lol)
C.Marchbank
D.Grainger-Barras
N.Haynes
J.Kolodjashnij
J.Battle
Not opposed to Battle but I’d rather back in TJ or Dean to fill the role. We should save our war chest for midfielders and key forwards.

War chest needs to be spread across the ground. Defenders matter.
I’m confident in a Moore and Frampton partnership lasting a while and from what I’ve seen of TJ he’s worth developing and getting games into. Would rather he play over a slightly improved stop gap.

Maynard and Quaynor will also keep the rest of the defence in good stead in the future it’s other areas of the ground we need to invest in.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back