List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not against Taylor Walker. He would cost absolutely nothing and he doesn’t stifle the development of anyone currently in the twos unless we have an emerging tall Im not aware of. He fills a spot we are lacking for a season while we still have Pendles, Sidebottom and Howe good enough to play roles.
We don’t actually have to play him.
I fear that once our older guys go we don’t have anyone replacing them which means it might be a tough few years

I wanted Walker 3 or 4 years ago but now he looks stiff and slow.

So we need a couple of HBF's , a couple of mids to put alongside Nick , A key back and a key forward. Apart from that we are fine.yep bacilly a third of th eteam ..

Good evening all.

Fascinated as always to read the speculations and prognostications of those on Big Footy.
I would offer the following as my recruiting/trade suggestions:

Josh Battle- at the right price- this 26 year old would be fantastic- has many similar attributes to Nathan Murphy but can also go forward.

Isaac Cumming- would be an upgrade on both Noble and Markov- is an excellent user by foot and is quick.

CJ Jiath- would love to see him as a quick, mobile and athletic (185cm) half back flanker/ winger

Mason Wood- will turn 31 in September but at 192cm and with elite kicking skills would be a great get at minimal cost.

Taylor Walker- left-field, but would be great in our forward mix and could job-share with Mihocek and Cox. The guy does not have to play every game, but he would enable our coaching team to rest the likes of Cox and Mihocek to prolong their careers...

Off our List for 2025-

Murphy and Carmichael (Concussion related),
Sidebottom and Howe (I believe that both will hang them up at season's end)
Jack Bytel and Begg (I would delist both- Bytel has poor disposal and Begg has not developed as expected/hoped for).
????? Ash Johnson and Fin Macrae--- if neither play in these last six rounds, their cards may be 'marked'

Assuming we acquire three of my recruiting suggestions, we would have 5 live National Draft selections.

Could use three of these and retain one for Supplementary Selection Period and one for the mid-season draft of 2025.

Would certainly bundle up our current second round pick with the 2026 second Rounder to slide up into the first 20 picks in the draft of 2024.

Floreat Pica.
Howe and Sidey have said openly and publicly they want to play next year, Walker would be another list clogger with no upside for future years

WL,

Assuming we acquire three of my recruiting suggestions, we would have 5 live National Draft selections.
We might land one of your suggestions - even then, it looks like others are in the race for Cummings

Would certainly bundle up our current second round pick with the 2026 second Rounder to slide up into the first 20 picks in the draft of 2024.
If the Pies had a top 20 pick, I'd be disappointed if they traded it for these two 2nd rounders - and I don't think clubs don't need the points in this way anymore.

I was speaking with a colleague (who is a member of the Westerners Coterie) this morning. He claimed that we will get both Daniel & Smith from WB and will take on Daniel's full contract. Don't know if there is any truth to this and he won't tell me where it came from
BCS at the moment

Walker's a no for me. He had a great season last season but hasn't reached the same level of performance this season.

He will end up playing less games this season, kick significantly less goals and take less marks. Last year he kicked 76 goals in 22 games; this season he has kicked 21 goals in 14 games.

His 2023 in goalkicking terms was his best ever, however in my view it was an outlier rather than a regeneration or rebirth.

I was speaking with a colleague (who is a member of the Westerners Coterie) this morning. He claimed that we will get both Daniel & Smith from WB and will take on Daniel's full contract. Don't know if there is any truth to this and he won't tell me where it came from
My understanding is Dogs will take the best deal which could mean us taking some of their salary cap.

Walker's a no for me. He had a great season last season but hasn't reached the same level of performance this season.

He will end up playing less games this season, kick significantly less goals and take less marks. Last year he kicked 76 goals in 22 games; this season he has kicked 21 goals in 14 games.

His 2023 in goalkicking terms was his best ever, however in my view it was an outlier rather than a regeneration or rebirth.
Walker would not leave SA

Josh Daicos has played that role successfully in the juniors and generally has good disposal off both sides of his body. WHE and Sidebottom can play wing.
Josh never played in defence as a junior, it was always half forward with a rare burst on the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say Ryan performed pretty well last year. He earned his debut. Just has been hampered by injury this year.
Hopefully has a more consistent 2025
He really didn't, I'm still waiting for the game where he intercepted multiple times, gains meters and beat his opponent. All 3 would be nice but 2 is OK, please show me these games. Some people are easily seduced by the golden locks. By comparison TJ has banked several of these type games already.

He really didn't, I'm still waiting for the game where he intercepted multiple times, gains meters and beat his opponent. All 3 would be nice but 2 is OK, please show me these games. Some people are easily seduced by the golden locks. By comparison TJ has banked several of these type games already.
Well the VFL stats dont record metres gained so you're gonna have to ask the club for that lol

He's more your running defender, with his pace, not your interceptor.

But either way, he's still got 2 more years to develop.

That’s the only way I can see us getting Smith is to help them out with $

Well the VFL stats dont record metres gained so you're gonna have to ask the club for that lol

On face value Ryan seems like a miss. I hope he turns it around but not seeing standout afl attributes. I mean, Oleg has flaws but at least he has fantastic athleticism.

On face value Ryan seems like a miss. I hope he turns it around but not seeing standout afl attributes. I mean, Oleg has flaws but at least he has fantastic athleticism.
Wait and see. But only his 2nd year, he's got time.

My understanding is Dogs will take the best deal which could mean us taking some of their salary cap.

With where they're at, salary cap might be more valuable to the Dogs than draft picks at the moment. A deal that enables them to keep English would be worth a fair bit to them.

You can call him a running defender when he actually runs and defends, right now very suspect one on one and rarely kicks the ball forward let alone running with it. TJ and Parker have gone past him because he's standing still.

Josh never played in defence as a junior, it was always half forward with a rare burst on the ball.
He certainly did. I remember him playing off HB and being the distributor. My son was his age and played throughout juniors with/against him. It wasn't every game, but he did play this role at times.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back