List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

To try and compare the Kangaroos and Collingwood as clubs is an absolute joke.

The only time the Kangaroos have been relevant in the last 30 years is when Wayne Carey and Pagan were running the show.
You made the comparison as it underpins the premise of your entire argument.

You were bemoaning the fact that someone like Sheezel would have the gall to refuse to move to Collingwood because, well, we're Collingwood and he plays for North, completely dismissing the fact that players have a number of variables which they take into account when deciding who they play for.

And when comparing the two, I'm sure it hasn't escaped your attention that despite them being largely irrelevant for the last 30 years, North have won exactly the same number of flags as we have in that time. What then does that say about us?

Thoughts on Ben Hobbs? Stuck behind a few midfielders at the bombers.
I think Berry is ahead of him at the moment in terms of his development as a mid, but Hobbs is certainly one to watch as his contract expires at the end of next season.

Berry was good last night and hopefully can continue to improve. He held his position well and didn't seem to struggle to get from contest to contest. If he can become a better one touch player and improve his acceleration he'll be a very good mid - a few times last night Durham and Merrett were able to accelerate away from him from stoppages, although he also seemed to be the only defensive mid at stoppage for Adelaide.

You made the comparison as it underpins the premise of your entire argument.

You were bemoaning the fact that someone like Sheezel would have the gall to refuse to move to Collingwood because, well, we're Collingwood and he plays for North, completely dismissing the fact that players have a number of variables which they take into account when deciding who they play for.

And when comparing the two, I'm sure it hasn't escaped your attention that despite them being largely irrelevant for the last 30 years, North have won exactly the same number of flags as we have in that time. What then does that say about us

You are good at using emotive language I will give you that. Tick.

I am pretty confident that we will another Premiership before the Kangaroos. In fact I'm that confident that if the Kangaroos do I will delete my Big Footy account.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's everyones thoughts on Bailey Scott? Being played out of position, he might want more midfield time. Will have to trade but OOC this year.

Bailey Scott would be an amazing Sidey replacement on the wing. That’s his go.

But probably wouldn’t come cheap given he's won their B&F though. Also although it’s an area of need, I think we are more desperate for key position players and inside mids.

Bailey Scott would be an amazing Sidey replacement on the wing. That’s his go.

But probably wouldn’t come cheap given he's won their B&F though. Also although it’s an area of need, I think we are more desperate for key position players and inside mids.

For the inside bull would you consider Oliver (assuming his off field checks out)

Has not really got going this season do to limited pre season and finger injury.

For the inside bull would you consider Oliver (assuming his off field checks out)

Has not really got going this season do to limited pre season and finger injury.

The off field stuff would scare me off too much personally.

Heck from the little I know I wouldn’t pursue him. And I’m sure that’s only the tip of the iceberg…

Could be a whole Dayne Beams scenario all over again. Particularly with the massive contract he has.

Last edited:

Personal issues aside, he'd go well in a team like ours where he would be instructed just to extract and give the hands and not be allowed to kick, which is what they told mitchell too. Dees are so stupid allowing him to kick. If I was his coach Id just make him play without boots. The guy should be modelling his game on greg williams

The off field stuff would scare me off too much personally.

Heck from the little I know I wouldn’t pursue him. And I’m sure that’s only the tip of the iceberg…

Could be a whole Dayne Beams scenario all over again. Particularly with the massive contract he has.
Dees chuck in a couple of firsts to take him off their books then maybe

Dees chuck in a couple of firsts to take him off their books then maybe

IMO that’s it’s unlikely that they’d give up any draft picks. Let alone even a single first rounder.

Don’t think any club would be willing to take that battering in public perception. Plus they’d just hope some club is silly enough to take the risk and straighten him out.

Maybe they would pay some of his $.

But even then I’d hope our club wouldn’t even contemplate chasing him.

Personal issues aside, he'd go well in a team like ours where he would be instructed just to extract and give the hands and not be allowed to kick, which is what they told mitchell too. Dees are so stupid allowing him to kick. If I was his coach Id just make him play without boots. The guy should be modelling his game on greg williams
Tom Mitchell kicked the ball 250 times last year. He would have been told to run different patterns and not chase cheapies, but he was clearly allowed to kick.

Tom Mitchell kicked the ball 250 times last year. He would have been told to run different patterns and not chase cheapies, but he was clearly allowed to kick.
fair call
i do remember them telling him to not get cheapies and focus on extraction
anyway, the point is i think if oliver did come to us our coaches would shut down the low-impact parts of his game

Cox has another year. By the end of next year, hopefully Smit is back up worthy.
There’s also a good chance we’ll have another giant forward/ruck developing in Condon by the end of this year too.

I think we’ll need a back up ruck to replace Cox

Yeah we're having no luck in that department, starting to feel like Steene is another youngster with AFL potential in a real position of need for us who might end up succumbing to the injury imp.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back