List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour is that Mark Keane has walked out on the crows, the cover story is that he has gone home, which he has, but it’s being said that he won’t return to the crows, fed up with them apparently

Now that’s good for us I guess, but does show a pattern that Keane ups and leaves when things get tough. I know with us it was during Covid, but still

So you don’t know either.

Over My Head Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Rumour is that Mark Keane has walked out on the crows, the cover story is that he has gone home, which he has, but it’s being said that he won’t return to the crows, fed up with them apparently

Now that’s good for us I guess, but does show a pattern that Keane ups and leaves when things get tough. I know with us it was during Covid, but still
Fed up? Thats not a good attitude.

There’s too much smoke for this not to be true. My guess is Nicks’ comments were positioning ahead of the trade period. Not a fan of the packing up and leaving either though.

I know I didn’t want the club trading future picks but given we have Thomas coming in next year, I wouldn’t be opposed to trading 2026’s first and 2025’s 2nd as well as a player for Petracca.

To have a potential midfield ensemble of Nick, Thomas, Trac, De Goey and Beau in 2026 would be next level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know I didn’t want the club trading future picks but given we have Thomas coming in next year, I wouldn’t be opposed to trading 2026’s first and 2025’s 2nd as well as a player for Petracca.

To have a potential midfield ensemble of Nick, Thomas, Trac, De Goey and Beau in 2026 would be next level
Cant trade 2 years in the future yet.
That rule comes in next year.

We are in for Tom Lynch.

Who gets the nod to hop over his parents backyard fence this time?

On a more serious note after Lynch leaking the Dusty retirement info I'd say that's a pretty clear sign he (Lynch) might be out the door at Punt Rd a year early, strategy there is probably to do a Carltank and bulk up on some early first and second round picks for a few years given how shite their list currently is and will be with the rats deserting the sinking ship.

Of what they have on their list currently Balta is the one I'd be going after really hard given our position. RFA next year, pay him, give him a role and let him stick to it instead of being thrown all over the field the way the Tugs do with him and he'll a big upgrade for us either down back or up forward.

I do find the Richards situation an interesting one. Port know he's not an UFA so a trade needs to be done, we've put a deal in front of him, and they've shown their hand and offered him 4 years.

It makes for an interesting discussion at the trade table - Port will obviously try to push his value down in negotiations, however Pies will point at the fact offering him a 4 year deal means they rate him somewhat highly. For reference only Rozzee and Marshall will be on longer term deals with Port if Joey signs that contract, with a few others joining him in renewing in 2028.
It is a three year deal.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Elliott retired

Neither would I, has some petrol left in the tank but after having another weird injury again where (this time) he was losing feeling in his lower extremities I wouldn't blame him if he decided to hang up the boots instead of putting his body through the grind just to get one last season out of himself to finish his contract.

He's at the point now where what the next 50+ years of his life will look like his is coming firmly into view so I wouldn't blame him if he did pull the pin, although we'd obviously be happy for him to play on next year as well if he feels that he is up to it physically and mentally.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back