List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL would come down on a contracted Petracca with a hammer if he simply chose to sit out next season.

That's not going to happen. At most he could sook it up and not perform to his usual standard.

I doubt that happens either as he's a competitor, the ultimate professional, a proud man and his legacy would be tarnished if people thought he was playing dead to get his way.

It will take an acceptable trade offer and an unusual amount of goodwill on Melbourne's part to see him move to a club of his choice IMO.

It is the height of absurdity for people to pretend that the disgruntlement of Petracca and his family is irrelevant to how this plays out. To do so, is to ignore the facts, namely that a serious question remains on how the Medical team and how the Club handled the situation, and in regard to the former, negligence is well within the bounds of possibility.

To then imply that this will just play out as it does for every unhappy player where the Club has the whip hand, seems a little simplistic.

The AFL would come down on a contracted Petracca with a hammer if he simply chose to sit out next season.

That's not going to happen. At most he could sook it up and not perform to his usual standard.

I doubt that happens either as he's a competitor, the ultimate professional, a proud man and his legacy would be tarnished if people thought he was playing dead to get his way.

It will take an acceptable trade offer and an unusual amount of goodwill on Melbourne's part to see him move to a club of his choice IMO.
This is all predicated on how culpable the AFL concludes the Club has been.
In the event of egregious misconduct by the Club, the AFL will be forced to back the players welfare.

And then the game changes completely and past history is irrelevant as a guide.

In the event of egregious misconduct by the Club, the AFL will be forced to back the players welfare.

This is nonsense

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Peatling good again today for GWS. He’s out of contract and should be one that we’re targeting, along with Houston.

Forget about Petracca. He’d cost the Earth and his best is likely behind him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Bergman would be a cheaper and better option than Houston

Peatling if he's cheap would be a decent option to bring in, but hed want guaranteed game time and considering we will have the followihg players i would doubt it alot that hed get a game if our squad is fit:

N. Daicos, Pendlebury, Crisp, Mitchell, De Goey, Allan, and potentially Petracca

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lmao, ok you keep thinking your ridiculous fantasies are plausible spinny.
I’ve asked you to challenge them and heard crickets. Clearly your only option is then offer ridicule because you lack the simple ability to offer a counter argument.
Next time just post a white flag it’s a far more concise means of signaling surrender in a discussion.

I really don’t see the difference, it’s all about motivation.
We needed salary cap relief, Petracca is strongly motivated to end his time at the Dees. That will put significant pressure on the Demons who will potentially wish to “buy” the silence of Petracca and his family by taking unders. The Dees motivation to “buy” their silence may be much stronger than we think.

Do Melbourne need salary cap relief?

Given the deals for Trac and Oliver were both fairly recent I’m assuming they don’t.

I want Christian as desperately as anyone but I don’t see how it happens thanks to us trading away our first pick this year.

If it took a player they’d probably want Nick. Which would be dumb.

But I would however possibly consider a Jordy straight swap if they asked for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most players are open to other options, players do nominate but they also aren't as hard-line out the door like the afformention players we have spoken about.
No they’re not, when was the last time we saw a player nominate one club who said they were open to other options? That’s a furphy if ever I saw one.
If you think Melbourne are going to hold him ransom whilst paying him for 5 years at the back end of his career whilst he sits out a year if things have broken down to the point thats rumoured, I think you're dead wrong. Teams very rarely hold a player against their will.
No they won’t hold players against their will as a general rule. But they also won’t give away their best, contracted player for well unders either. I’d wager that if Melbourne didn’t get a deal that they felt was equitable (ie something actually enticing for them) then they’d back themselves to repair the relationship between player and club over the next 12 months.
You are totally ignoring the fact the players refused other suitors who had better draft hands. It wasn't "just" because we had a fire sale.

As long as pies put a half equitable deal on the table I think they will take it. None of this 2 x first bs, Melbourne's hand is not that strong.
No I'm not 😂, it’s just that players requesting trades who nominate a single club do the exact same thing every single year and it doesn’t make that much of a difference. We had a fire sale and they went cheap, that’s all there is to it. Even if other clubs got involved we still wouldn’t have gotten much better deals, at best we might have got a bit of extra cap relief.

I’ve asked you to challenge them and heard crickets. Clearly your only option is then offer ridicule because you lack the simple ability to offer a counter argument.
Next time just post a white flag it’s a far more concise means of signaling surrender in a discussion.
Give me something that’s not a ridiculous fantasy scenario you’ve made up in your head that I can actually take seriously and I’ll happily debate it. I’m not going to waste my time arguing about that nonsense.

Do Melbourne need salary cap relief?

Given the deals for Trac and Oliver were both fairly recent I’m assuming they don’t.

I want Christian as desperately as anyone but I don’t see how it happens thanks to us trading away our first pick this year.

If it took a player they’d probably want Nick. Which would be dumb.

But I would however possibly consider a Jordy straight swap if they asked for it.
No idea on their cap - and IF this plays out like as with other unhappy players then you’re right we can’t get a deal done.
But given all noise it’s a very big IF.

I’ve heard if may be as much physical and mental with his recovery.
Possibly, but that’s a whole other kettle of fish, there’s just as much chance of him coming back frothing at the mouth. None of us are privy to his headspace, I’d prefer to concentrate on stuff we actually have info on.
Maybe he’s ready early in the season but don’t forget, he has to keep is heart rate yo less than 110bpm for a while yet.
Yeah man but it’s August. Even if he has to keep his heart rate down for another couple of months he’s still back training (non contact probably) by the start of the preseason.

Give me something that’s not a ridiculous fantasy scenario you’ve made up in your head that I can actually take seriously and I’ll happily debate it. I’m not going to waste my time arguing about that nonsense.
Only a person with their head in the sand would interpret the well publicized strength of disgruntlement of Petracca and his family, as irrelevant to how this plays out.
I’ve got a comb if you need it.

Rubbish... There was no misconduct by the club. Petracca was interviewed several days after the incident and stated it was ultimately his decision to go back on. He told the club doctors that he felt ok at the time and he was fine to go on. He stated afterwards if he knew how serious his injury was he would never have gone back on. It was only after he went back on and couldn't run jump, bend or breathe that he came off. Even after he was taken to hospital and x-rays confirmed rib fractures they did not know the seriousness of the injury until about 8.00pm when his haemoglobin count dropped severely.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is there any credence the rumour that Hine is leaving us after this draft?

Just read it on Twitter and oh pleeeeease let it be true

Can we bring it forward to before the draft?

Only a person with their head in the sand would interpret the well publicized disgruntlement of Petracca and his family, as irrelevant to how this plays out.
When did I say his families disgruntlement was irrelevant? Don’t put words in my mouth. The idea that Melbourne would want or need to “buy their silence” is absolutely ridiculous and not worth debating. That is all.

It is the height of absurdity for people to pretend that the disgruntlement of Petracca and his family is irrelevant to how this plays out. To do so, is to ignore the facts, namely that a serious question remains on how the Medical team and how the Club handled the situation, and in regard to the former, negligence is well within the bounds of possibility.

To then imply that this will just play out as it does for every unhappy player where the Club has the whip hand, seems a little simplistic.
Agree that it’s a confounding factor, the extent of which will be revealed in due course.

Rubbish... There was no misconduct by the club. Petracca was interviewed several days after the incident and stated it was ultimately his decision to go back on. He told the club doctors that he felt ok at the time and he was fine to go on. He stated afterwards if he knew how serious his injury was he would never have gone back on. It was only after he went back on and couldn't run jump, bend or breathe that he came off. Even after he was taken to hospital and x-rays confirmed rib fractures they did not know the seriousness of the injury until about 8.00pm when his haemoglobin count dropped severely.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Read my post carefully - it was very specific.
Misconducted has been alluded frequently.
As you say if Petracca knew how serious the injury was he would never have gone back on the field.
That is an indictment on the Medico’s who obviously failed to convey the potential worst case scenario and STOP Petracca playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back