List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

To make you feel a bit better it was really only one. We picked up Quaynor through bidding and would have lost the pick anyway.
That eases it a little

In hindsight it appears Treloar may have been our trade that’s hurt the most. Through no fault of his own. Played ok but not to the level we hoped for

Pick 7 in 2015 with names such as Charlie curnow, McKay brothers taken at 10 and 12 which would fill a gaping hole in our list and then pick 8 2016 with players such as Shai Bolton, Tim English, Marshall taken after

Then again through no fault of his own we moved him on paying him to play for another club

It is exactly what the AFL would do - just like Dimma going to the Suns.

GW is conveniently on a sabbatical.

I don’t think many other sports would have so much interference from the governing body.
What role did the AFL play in getting GW to take a holiday?

That eases it a little

In hindsight it appears Treloar may have been our trade that’s hurt the most. Through no fault of his own. Played ok but not to the level we hoped for

Pick 7 in 2015 with names such as Charlie curnow, McKay brothers taken at 10 and 12 which would fill a gaping hole in our list and then pick 8 2016 with players such as Shai Bolton, Tim English, Marshall taken after

Then again through no fault of his own we moved him on paying him to play for another club
…and then went on to win the flag.

Cox - Allen
Howe - Taylor
Pendlebury- LDU
Sidebottom - Smith

if they pull off something like this over the next 18 months that they've targeted we'll be in the window for years.
The first 3 wont leave, and the 4th will be at hawks or geelong.

You think his defensive efforts this year were better than last year?
You said he hasn’t improved “at all.”

Assuming you meant from the day he walked in the club.

So true - the unintended consequences of the list aging while we seek out and develop these 1st rounders is never considered.
All of a sudden another rebuild is needed, and the Club is even further away from a flag.
Yep. How lucky would we need to be to jag the quality of JDG and Moore from two first round picks not in the top 5? And by the time these two draftees became as good as Jordy and Darcy - Jordy and Darcy will be gone and we will have needed to have jagged a few more rippers as well to have also replaced the oldies.

With only one first round pick a year, you've got to be ridiculously lucky to try to rebuild that way.

#SR36 and #apex would be drooling at the prospect of getting Keller
Im not sure bringing in a dead disability rights activist is the smartest move, although it would be a hell of a PR stunt.

On the off chance you’re referring to Keeler, has he finished his 2km time trial yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possible Talls that would not cost a 1st

There are a bunch of talls I would have at Collingwood but most of them would cost an arm and a leg.

Max Gruzewski (GWS) Age: 19 Height: 192 = plays at either end and was compared to Jeremy Howe in draft year

Wade Derksen (GWS) Age: 22 Height: 197 (on the GWS site it says 194 but everywhere else is 197) Mid-Season Draftee = Plays in all thirds have heard good things currently playing as a back but has had 30 disposals in the ruck, has a rugby background

Josh Worrell (ADE) Age: 23 Height: 195 = If Petty goes to Adelaide maybe we can pry him out for a 2nd/3rd

James Van Es (STK) Age: 19 Height: 196 = Has battled through a lot of injuries but he takes the best key forward type of defender

Isaac Keeler (STK) Age: 19 Height: 198 = I believe we interviewed him a bunch, injured most of his first season has been playing as a key defender

Josh Battle (STK) Age: 25 Height: 193 = Free Agent would slot right in

Not key position but Elijah Hollands was only offered a one year contract (there is a possibility he out performs all of Fin, Allen, Carmichael, Sullivan, Bytel) If he isn’t getting regular senior footy maybe he would be interested in a game if we do need to get younger.

There are a couple of others that are not KPP I might do another list when I get time.

I reckon there’s a few here worth looking at. Gruzewski I really liked in his draft year, Worrell I think is underrated as is Battle.

I’d also mentioned Logan Morris at Brisbane in another thread.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah he was only close to being out of the side on BF, I’m certain the club was well aware of the extra loading affecting his (and most of the teams) game in the latter part of the year.

The only thing revisionist here is the denial that he was one of our most important players during finals, especially in the Grand Final.

Whether or not his current form is a result of Collingwood’s ridiculous early fixture is yet to be seen, but that’s really irrelevant in regards to last year.

Having said that, I wish we could have retained Ollie, because we could still have easily gotten Mitchell without trading him imo.
Only thing I'd disagree with is his current form. Started with a couple of shockers, but his last 2 have been really solid.

You said he hasn’t improved “at all.”

Assuming you meant from the day he walked in the club.

From his 1st season to now I've seen consistently poor 2nd efforts and ball watching. I thought it was just a fitness issue season 1 that would improve but it hasn't. Some of his efforts this year were very disappointing.

Only thing I'd disagree with is his current form. Started with a couple of shockers, but his last 2 have been really solid.
The post was written before the last game, so he’d had 2 out of 3 stinkers and a managed game at that point.

We have plenty of fresh blood.
I think you mean that they’re unproven at present.

They’re B-graders. If they were A-graders they’d have pushed their way in at the expense of our aging stars and fringe players like WHE and Lipinski. But they haven’t.

You need to take off your rose-coloured glasses and have a good look around the league - virtually every other side has several 19-22 yo players locked into their starting line-ups and playing very prominent roles. We don’t because ours just aren’t good enough, thanks to years of draft/trading/salary mismanagement.

I think you should brace yourself for the possibility of a few years of pain when Pendles, Sidey, Mitchell, Howe, Checkers and Jamie have all hung up the boots.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Still can’t believe I heard a pundit earlier in the week say we will be targeting a player like ‘Harrison Petty’.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back