List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

What is he then? An A-grader? He’s nothing more than a B player, at best. You don’t go giving first rounders for B graders. Wright is the reason hawthorn were so bad for the years between 2016 and 2023. He has no clue how to deal or trade. Sooner people wake up, the better off we will be.
Macrae, reef, Allan, Demattia are all first rounders. The first round is so compromised these days its value is very limited.

I do lol but that’s fine for you to think it.

I don’t hate them as individuals but they’re not free of critique. Even Fly snipes. There’s only one on the list who I have sustained loathing for. Not TJ at all - good bloke.

But as I said, I’m done.
You could just keep posting and tone down the dramatic hyperbole

They had links and were considered. Even clubs are surprised by selections or lack of selection at the draft.

You like flogging me for that but
those players aren’t half as bad as you think. Bianco was stiff to be delisted and that’s from a coach’s mouth, Ruscoe isn’t a shit player and McMahon as a forward has had a better year than some of our VFL players. It’s probably reasonable to say he’d have debuted if still on the list.
Was this something said specifically to you by a coach at Collingwood?

With the FS and Academy changes I'm betting you will need a pick in the round bid again.
Yeah was thinking about that.
I agree they’ll go back to that model.

Even still, I think that’s a problem that can be sorted next year if needed.
I doubt that would be forefront of mind during trade week.

Especially if they bring in future future trading.

tbf, is anyone surprised with any club’s slide down the ladder if they experience a couple key injuries, have a couple of close loses? With the top end of the comp so close, it’s seems like it happens quite easily.
There were quite a number of posters expressing their fear of trading F1 in the 2023 thread and what that may mean - from ~pg 600

No one wanted it to happen, but I don’t think a slide by us is totally unexpected - some key injuries, a list supported by older players. Imagine if Nick got injured in Rd1 - where would we be?
Giving up a top 5 pick is where.

I understand your position but I don’t think the decision was “solid” I thought it was careless and lacked foresight as to what players may be available (both in terms of trade and / or trade up) esp considering we may need a future first for McGaune

Even if pick is 13+, then how is it different from our 2023 first? So why not insist on that? Seems Freo thought our future 1st had value.

I get that I am going over old ground here again and again - but so is everyone expressing the opposite viewpoint. It’s only pick “. “ / what player could you pick with / no one could expect — IMO I don’t think these points are true.
Surely the Schultz trade could have been facilitated in some other way.

Anyway, now the club needs to focus on how to bring in high-end talent or decide if it is time for a re-set (but I’m not sure if this is possible considering our draft hand over next 2 years / Tasmania)
Hopefully we can bring in some players that blossom like Bobby and keep us in contention.
Decision was 100% solid.
Not going to revisit this (again).

If I said to you, there is a player that walks into the best 22 of a premiership team, that will play at best 22 level for the next 6-7+ years and he’s available for our future first which projects as a 10-20 pick….who the F wouldn’t jump at that?

Our “first” last year was actually pick 25…..so it was what would normally be a mid second round pick.
Why would Freo do that for a contracted player?!?

Anyway, I understand and respect your stance Shu (and the mature way you debate it).
im just at the other end of the spectrum as to our approach to staying at the top,

Decision was 100% solid.
Not going to revisit this (again).

If I said to you, there is a player that walks into the best 22 of a premiership team, that will play at best 22 level for the next 6-7+ years and he’s available for our future first which projects as a 10-20 pick….who the F wouldn’t jump at that?

Our “first” last year was actually pick 25…..so it was what would normally be a mid second round pick.
Why would Freo do that for a contracted player?!?

Anyway, I understand and respect your stance Shu (and the mature way you debate it).
im just at the other end of the spectrum as to our approach to staying at the top,
Cool, TVI

Let’s just beat the Cats this weekend and head for number 17

What is he then? An A-grader? He’s nothing more than a B player, at best. You don’t go giving first rounders for B graders. Wright is the reason hawthorn were so bad for the years between 2016 and 2023. He has no clue how to deal or trade. Sooner people wake up, the better off we will be.
What is he ?
He’s a major upgrade on Ginnivan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly you have no idea. Giving up a likely top 10 pick for a bloke who can’t run, can’t jump and has the turning circle of the queen mary. Seriously he is one dimensional and not worth anywhere near what we paid for him. Accept the fact that Wright and co are morons.
I reported this post on the basis of it being made by a troll.
The final line is the clear giveaway, “accept the fact that Wright and co are morons.”

I’m hoping the mods can please explain why a post like this has not been deleted. I only ask because this poster has made other posts of a similar nature and it seems to be ok.

Please clarify what is acceptable on this board in terms of insulting the club.

Freo also got pick 6 for Bradley Hill to St Kilda where Wright only got a second rounder for him as a premiership player at the Hawks from the Dockers.

You are most definitely a troll.
Sadly, you also barrack for the Pies. That doesn’t give you the right to throw around insults.

I’ll be in the Social Club bar tomorrow night at half time. PM if you would like to discuss further.

I was joking. Relax.

It was sounding like school yard stuff 🥴
All good. We barrack for the same team. Apologies for the personal attack Jmac! I just don’t rate Wrights trading. I think he accepts unders and gives way too much, which I believe will set us back. We can all have opinions. Let’s hope our team can get a much needed win tomorrow night!

Freo also got pick 6 for Bradley Hill to St Kilda where Wright only got a second rounder for him as a premiership player at the Hawks from the Dockers.
You’re neglecting to mention that the Freo version of Brad Hill was far superior to the Hawthorn version. Being a premiership player didn’t magically make him more valuable.

If only premierships were won on trade wins!!

How much does “premiership player” add to trade value?
Genuinely curious?

For example, could we trade Billy Frampton for a first rounder because he is a premiership player?

Should GWS be pissed on the Bobby trade?

Your logic is rubbish. But keep at it mate!

McMahon has played 12 games this season (according to PlayHQ) and booted 24 goals.

Carlton’s VFL line-up, which features not much talent, means McMahon often has the best defender on him.

Looks like his physicality is no issue in this: .

He also dominated our VFL boys.

I was very surprised we let him go when we have a dearth of type and usually clubs give KPP 4 to 5 years to grow into it.

Needs to really add a bit of mass to that frame.

If Pies were near the top of the ladder where we expected to be this year, then there’d be no top 10 pick. You’re commenting in hindsight.
If you think Schultz can’t run, you either have no idea or are sight impaired.
Anybody can analyse trades after the fact and if you think we’ve paid too much for Schultz, then I suggest it’s due more to how we’ve performed and the injuries we have suffered this season than the trade itself.
I find it somewhat ironic that you choose to use the term “moron” in a post such as yours.

The fact is we have been constantly burnt with future trading.

Schultz is looking like another L in that column.
Many people didn't like the cost of that trade BEFORE the year started.

Macrae, reef, Allan, Demattia are all first rounders. The first round is so compromised these days its value is very limited.

Not a top 10 (or even top 18) pick amongst them.

All mid to late firsts (technical second rounders).

Allan pick 19
Macrea pick 19
Reef pick 23
Demattia pick 25

Calling them firsts rounders and saying that firsts aren't great when talking about a potential top 10 pick.

Yeah was thinking about that.
I agree they’ll go back to that model.

Even still, I think that’s a problem that can be sorted next year if needed.
I doubt that would be forefront of mind during trade week.

Especially if they bring in future future trading.

The double future trades are likely to appease the academy teams so they can double up in firsts rounds on talented crops that come through like GC last year.

List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back