List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Wright created half these holes trading out talented players in Grundy, Adams, Henry and Ginnivan for peanuts. Now Grundy and Adams will probably lead Swans to a flag, Henry will be a key to Geelong's forwardline on track for top 4 and Hawks will likely overtake us on the ladder and we would've effectively paid them to take Ginnivan who's more talented than Schultz.

It's crazy to think that in a salary dump fire sale, Ned Guy managed to get more return for Treloar (who has never been AA or won a BnF) than Wright got for a multi-AA and Copeland winner in Grundy without the fire sale narrative.

Hill and Mitchell are the only big trade wins he's had with us. The rest of the trade-ins are NQRs who have become whipping boys.
You forget GW made the monumental trade with Gold Coast for their current picks for our future picks in 2022 and which netted us Hill etc It ended up being disastrous for Gold Coast given where we ended up the next year Nice bit of canny trading from GW on that occasion

I was trying to tell him last week that Wright was overrated and our list management has been a disgrace. The flag was won off the back of mainly Buckley’s core from 18/19 plus Nick Daicos. Nothing to do with Wright and his underselling of our players and overpaying for incoming players. The Lachie Schultz deal was the worst deal in the club’s history.
List management a disgrace?
When you offer 5 list managers with more Finals, PF’s ,GF’s and Flags in the last 10 years, then you’ll have a point.
Over to you.

Wright created half these holes trading out talented players in Grundy, Adams, Henry and Ginnivan for peanuts. Now Grundy and Adams will probably lead Swans to a flag, Henry will be a key to Geelong's forwardline on track for top 4 and Hawks will likely overtake us on the ladder and we would've effectively paid them to take Ginnivan who's more talented than Schultz.

It's crazy to think that in a salary dump fire sale, Ned Guy managed to get more return for Treloar (who has never been AA or won a BnF) than Wright got for a multi-AA and Copeland winner in Grundy without the fire sale narrative.

Hill and Mitchell are the only big trade wins he's had with us. The rest of the trade-ins are NQRs who have become whipping boys.
Wake up.
How did we create the Cap space to recruit and then win the flag without Grundy being traded?
Henry is derided by his supporters and was the sub. That proves he’s not the gun you envisage, and players determined to leave a Club often are traded below true value.
Ginnivan is a show pony and not more talented than Shooter- Ginnivan lacks the intensity, focus, commitment, pace and aggression of Schultz.
Adams - we weren’t prepared to offer the 3 year contract that Swans did. It’s that simple.
Can’t believe you don’t think McStay is a trade win.

Anything else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not sure Zurhaar was the right fit for us anyway.

A forward-ruck to play alongside Checkers and McStay is the need for me. I’m not sure we can rely on Cox from her on in.

The only reason Zurhaar would have been an option was if Jamie indicated he was retiring. And I’m not ready for that!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think our first priority is a key def, then Darcy won't be floundering in the back line, he'll get his mojo back.
Put Frampton on a tall defender, when Cox doesn't play/retires/we acquire a new key fwd, to tag him while Checkers and Mcstay have one on ones.
He played the tagging role on Andrews pretty well in the GF.
After another pre-season, he'll be fitter and will be able to do it longer than 3 quarters, bringing the ball to ground for our sml fwds and even taking the odd mark and possible goal.
This is my genius plan with what we've got 😂
Would it work? It did in the GF so why not give it a go.

I think our first priority is a key def, then Darcy won't be floundering in the back line, he'll get his mojo back.
Put Frampton on a tall defender, when Cox doesn't play/retires/we acquire a new key fwd, to tag him while Checkers and Mcstay have one on ones.
He played the tagging role on Andrews pretty well in the GF.
After another pre-season, he'll be fitter and will be able to do it longer than 3 quarters, bringing the ball to ground for our sml fwds and even taking the odd mark and possible goal.
This is my genius plan with what we've got 😂
Would it work? It did in the GF so why not give it a go.
There aren't any good gettable key forwards so we should be going all in on getting Battle.

Moore can become that Forward/Ruck. He's the captain so needs to be involved not hiding in the backline not manning up if he can't take the oppositions best forward.

There aren't any good gettable key forwards so we should be going all in on getting Battle.

Moore can become that Forward/Ruck. He's the captain so needs to be involved not hiding in the backline not manning up if he can't take the oppositions best forward.
Battle would be great but I think the Hawks might be his destination, I hope not.
Darcy will be fine once the key backman arrives. He's best as a defender imo.
Remember Bucks throwing him fwd? Didn't work out. I wouldn't like to bang him up in the ruck either. He seems lost in 2 minds atm, trying to do too much I think.

Okay Adams had one year to go.
Hill is on about 450K a year. Mitchell is on about 500k a year with the 1st year subsidised. We are saving about 650K a year on Grundys contract no 500k. That's what Melbourne was paying him.
The cap was stretched with Grundy in the team. With him and Henry out we had enough for both Hill and Mitchell that's pretty much the way it was.
Hope we haven't already offered Bobby a Godfather deal.
His recent form should assist us in offering more than his initial contract but not go way overs.

Sent from my SM-A556E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Already mentioned Fiorini

Another is Riley Garcia. Dogs refusing to play Garcia despite great VFL form

out of contract.

Kid has speed and finds plenty of ball at afl level too

An upgrade on a couple of peripheral mids we have in and out of the side imo

Already mentioned Fiorini

Another is Riley Garcia. Dogs refusing to play Garcia despite great VFL form

out of contract.

Kid has speed and finds plenty of ball at afl level too

An upgrade on a couple of peripheral mids we have in and out of the side imo
I was reading some reviews from him in his junior days & draft year. The only "knock" on him was his size (176cm) and injuries (bad break of the arm in 2018 Champs) & did his knee in his draft year. He is fearless and has no qualms getting to the bottom of a pack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

George Hewett plying VFL today

We need at least one defensive minded midfielders

Wake up.
How did we create the Cap space to recruit and then win the flag without Grundy being traded?
Henry is derided by his supporters and was the sub. That proves he’s not the gun you envisage, and players determined to leave a Club often are traded below true value.
Ginnivan is a show pony and not more talented than Shooter- Ginnivan lacks the intensity, focus, commitment, pace and aggression of Schultz.
Adams - we weren’t prepared to offer the 3 year contract that Swans did. It’s that simple.
Can’t believe you don’t think McStay is a trade win.

Anything else?
Wake up.

Grundy's $500k - $650k saving could've easily been found elsewhere especially with the cap massively increasing.

So someone like Henry who was determined to leave the club is traded for below true value but whenever we trade for someone who is determined to come to us we have to overpay? That's exactly what is wrong with our trading.

And Ginnivan I said has more talent. Pretty sure you're the one who said Ginnivan has a higher footy IQ than Hill last year. "Intensity, focus, commitment and aggression" are things that are developed to harness that talent. If Schultz had more talent he would've been drafted as an 18 year old. And Schultz and pace? Cmon.

Adams - why do we need to offer a 3 year contract when he was still contracted? If our intention was to go back to back, why strengthen one of our key rivals for the sake of a pick 30 odd?

There's no need for you to be the clubs spin doctor and say we can do no wrong. It's ok to criticize things we haven't been doing well and to try get better. Isn't that Fly's mantra?

We do a lot right as a club but (outside of coaching) our trading and list management has been one of the reasons that we have not being able to become a dynasty team like the Lions, Cats, Hawks and Tigers during that period. We've drafted in enough generational talent in the last two decades to match it with them. We've been blessed with Buckley, Swan, Pendles and now Naicos during that time who all have claims for Collingwood GOAT status (pretty sure Naicos will be it by end of his career). Would be a shame if the best we can do is convert that into a premiership once every 15 years and not try to do better.

Surely nobody actually misses Tay Adams… he can’t play four quarters as a midfielder anymore. Sure he would have been nice to cover Mitchell’s injury this year but we needed to get younger and quite frankly he was not best 22 coming into the season if he were still here

He’s not reinventing the wheel at Sydney. He’s been an okay pickup to boost depth and this is probably his chance to win a flag before he becomes depth next year

I’m not sure Zurhaar was the right fit for us anyway.

A forward-ruck to play alongside Checkers and McStay is the need for me. I’m not sure we can rely on Cox from her on in.

The only reason Zurhaar would have been an option was if Jamie indicated he was retiring. And I’m not ready for that!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We desperately need a good inside mid. Pendlebury and Mitchell are on their last legs.

We desperately need a good KPD, Frampton and Moore are mediocre.

We desperately need a good KPF. Mihocek and Cox are on their last legs

We desperately need a good inside mid. Pendlebury and Mitchell are on their last legs.

We desperately need a good KPD, Frampton and Moore are mediocre.

We desperately need a good KPF. Mihocek and Cox are on their last legs

Need a couple of mids imo. In their 20's would be ideal.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back