List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

What is Keanes form like at the Crows?
Far important than his form 3 years ago during Covid.

Murphy left a hole we haven't filled. Could he fill it?

He's up there with Michalanney as probably their best defender this season. Leads the Crows for marks, and more importantly intercept marks. Whilst also leading them for spoils. That sounds like a Murphy type to me...

This is not good for our first rounders

At least they can’t trade out next years first or they can knowing we will need points for Tommy but they will need to plan for him rather than randomly throwing out a first for no reason with nothing coming back given next year you’ll need higher picks to match bids and can’t stockpile points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not like the AFL to change the rules when it looks like we have a father son who will be a high first round pick coming through next year, I know we got Daicos ( thank god ) but Gold coast got 4 first round academy picks last year, swans have been rorting the academy for years, dogs got Jamarra, blues have 2 highly rated father sons this year, all for rubbish picks which equate to points, of course we will be the first team to have to actually use our first round pick on a fs instead of a bunch of junk late picks

It's not like the AFL to change the rules when it looks like we have a father son who will be a high first round pick coming through next year, I know we got Daicos ( thank god ) but Gold coast got 4 first round academy picks last year, swans have been rorting the academy for years, dogs got Jamarra, blues have 2 highly rated father sons this year, all for rubbish picks which equate to points, of course we will be the first team to have to actually use our first round pick on a fs instead of a bunch of junk late picks re
Reckon Tommy will be bid on in the 15-30 range so no massive impact for us

It's not like the AFL to change the rules when it looks like we have a father son who will be a high first round pick coming through next year, I know we got Daicos ( thank god ) but Gold coast got 4 first round academy picks last year, swans have been rorting the academy for years, dogs got Jamarra, blues have 2 highly rated father sons this year, all for rubbish picks which equate to points, of course we will be the first team to have to actually use our first round pick on a fs instead of a bunch of junk late picks
Won't bother the AFL that we are disadvantaged, they'll just cite the recklessness of our future pick trading as evidence that it didn't matter.

It’s worth remembering we’re the reigning premier who had 3 FS AA’s only last year and we also benefited from the old system with IQ as well. St Kilda would give the proverbial for that sort of luck.

The changes are not all that impactful either depending on the severity of the update to the DVI. It could have been worse with the change requiring a pick in the same round to match a bid. Let’s say McGuane receives a bid around 10 (a fantastic outcome) and our first falls before his pick we might then be required to find an extra pick in the 20’s-30’s to match rather than 3 in the 40’s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s worth remembering we’re the reigning premier who had 3 FS AA’s only last year and we also benefited from the old system with IQ as well. St Kilda would give the proverbial for that sort of luck.

The changes are not all that impactful either depending on the severity of the update to the DVI. It could have been worse with the change requiring a pick in the same round to match a bid. Let’s say McGuane receives a bid around 10 (a fantastic outcome) and our first falls before his pick we might then be required to find an extra pick in the 20’s-30’s to match rather than 3 in the 40’s.
I don't like the pick in the same round rule, it would need a tweak around the boundary of the round the pick was made, e.g., with the pick in the same round rule, if the bid comes with the final pick in the round then the matching club either needs to trade to get that pick (and the club holding the pick can inflate the pick value) or they must let it go. A rule that at least one pick is within a nominated range of the selection would be simpler, e.g., matching teams need to use at least one pick within 20 picks of the selection.

I don't like the pick in the same round rule, it would need a tweak around the boundary of the round the pick was made, e.g., with the pick in the same round rule, if the bid comes with the final pick in the round then the matching club either needs to trade to get that pick (and the club holding the pick can inflate the pick value) or they must let it go. A rule that at least one pick is within a nominated range of the selection would be simpler, e.g., matching teams need to use at least one pick within 20 picks of the selection.
That was always going to be the sticking point with that one and why I believe they erred on the side of tweaking the DVI and reducing the discount. Without access to the updated DVI the changes don’t seem particularly prohibitive and will definitely address the exploitation of the old rules (how much remains to be seen). The one issue I have is that they haven’t come into effect this year. There’s absolutely no reason for pushing back the implementation of the reduced discount.

He's up there with Michalanney as probably their best defender this season. Leads the Crows for marks, and more importantly intercept marks. Whilst also leading them for spoils. That sounds like a Murphy type to me...
Sounds ready made if he wants to come and comes at a good price.
Like for like.

Reckon Tommy will be bid on in the 15-30 range so no massive impact for us
There aren’t many bottom agers that dominate in the way Tommy is already doing who end up late first/early second selections. Unless he falls off a cliff next year I think you’re being incredibly optimistic.

2 FS AA’s. Let’s not pretend we didn’t take Josh with our last selection because nobody bid on him.

It wouldn’t have been quite so bad if we hadn’t effectively paid Hawthorn to take Ginnivan from us…
I dunno, Apex. Pick 6 is pretty $&@ing bad.

And if you want to avoid “the curse”, flip it for 2 later picks when a team wants to move up

2 FS AA’s. Let’s not pretend we didn’t take Josh with our last selection because nobody bid on him.
Without Peter’s nuts we don’t have him which is how I determine a FS not the talent ID of other clubs. That said I get your angle 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back