List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

DeGoey is out for the season now. We haven't been able to get Jordy to play a full season for the past 4 years. I actually don't think Jordy has played a full season since he started in 2015. He is 28, and a fantastic player, and on his day is as good as anyone.
If a club like Richmond, who could have 5 or 6 first round picks this coming draft. If they were willing to pay 2 first round picks for Jordy, one in the top 10 and one late first round, would everyone be open for the club to look at that trade?

DeGoey is out for the season now. We haven't been able to get Jordy to play a full season for the past 4 years. I actually don't think Jordy has played a full season since he started in 2015. He is 28, and a fantastic player, and on his day is as good as anyone.
If a club like Richmond, who could have 5 or 6 first round picks this coming draft. If they were willing to pay 2 first round picks for Jordy, one in the top 10 and one late first round, would everyone be open for the club to look at that trade?
Doubt hed fit their profile mate. They are in for a big rebuild

No.

I’d be looking at Matt Kennedy. Maybe we can grab him with a 3rd round pick. He can’t get a regular gig in their midfield and we could do with a big bodied midfielder.

Anyone know when he is off contract? From memory they delisted him and re-drafted him.

We have no currency so we have to look at salary dumps so to speak.

Will Brodie is one.
Caleb Daniel has been mentioned. Even jack macrae from the doggies
Peter wright maybe on the outer at dons

No stars but slight improvements on what we have perhaps.
Shiel would be good, but his stocks just went up with a ripping last quarter to get them across the line.

I’d be looking at Matt Kennedy. Maybe we can grab him with a 3rd round pick. He can’t get a regular gig in their midfield and we could do with a big bodied midfielder.

Anyone know when he is off contract? From memory they delisted him and re-drafted him.
UFA at the end of 2025 - George Hewett (who was superb for them last night) is in the same boat next season too.

I do like Kennedy though - I feel as though he's been quite unlucky with the clubs he's landed at, but he's a genuine ball winning mid with a nice blend of size and speed. Landed at GWS with a stacked midfield, then moved to Carlton and as you rightly pointed out has been in/out the side for a while now. Isn't at Cripps level, and lacks the polish of Walsh and Cerra so understandable at times he's seen as a bit of a surplus in their side (also probably lacks the defensive/tagging capability Hewett has shown). If he could be secured for a third round pick, he'd be an astute pick up - Carlton accepting that is a whole different discussion though!

We have no currency so we have to look at salary dumps so to speak.

Will Brodie is one.
Caleb Daniel has been mentioned. Even jack macrae from the doggies
Peter wright maybe on the outer at dons

No stars but slight improvements on what we have perhaps.
FFS! Will Brodie is not happening! We won't be recruiting any Wafl players, this stuff starts this time every year with the same player by the same people, it's up there with the calls to draft Harry Lemmey because he's tall, give it a spell people please!.

I’ve mentioned him as my own personal preference in terms of a trade target.

Reckon he’d be a great pickup.

But watch out you’ll get the ‘truth’ coming after you!
The truth is he's slow AF and about to be delisted, no chance of being at Collingwood so you can be disappointed again, the objective is to recruit players to make us better not worse.

FFS! Will Brodie is not happening! We won't be recruiting any Wafl players, this stuff starts this time every year with the same player by the same people, it's up there with the calls to draft Harry Lemmey because he's tall, give it a spell people please!.
Has Lemmey re-signed? He's got good size. I'd give him a go.

The truth is he's slow AF and about to be delisted, no chance of being at Collingwood so you can be disappointed again, the objective is to recruit players to make us better not worse.
Brodie is an upgrade on Sullivan and long. Nobody said he’s a star. Markov was delisted, frampton playing SANFL. Both premiership players 12months later

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brodie is an upgrade on Sullivan and long. Nobody said he’s a star. Markov was delisted, frampton playing SANFL. Both premiership players 12months later

Yeah, if we can improve our depth for free we should - I'd be happy for all of Macrae, Sullivan, Long and Bytel to be moved on, but we'd need to replace a couple of them with mature depth. I don't think next year is dire in terms of midfield - we've had two of our best inside mids out for the majority of the season - who handles that well? Need to add a couple of youngsters though or pray a couple of kids kick on.

I haven't been following him but it doesn't look good
I'd give him a shot. I like his work ethic. When they do those time trials, most of them have stopped well before 7 minutes, but he keeps going for half an hour.

you would be silly not to look at it at least ..... if the club wants in on this years trade it will have to make tough calls on some players ..... if we want to recruit for need then we will have to give up in order to get

initially thought mccreery, mccinnis and macrae et al would be shopped around .... but this might offset the call on some of these players at least

Last edited:
No. He's a big occasion player. You don't get rid of a final's beast when you're looking to win finals.

You do actually realise he’s under contract for another two years on very good money yeah?

Good luck to Freo if they are willing to delist at the worst a very decent depth player and chuck that kind of money down the drain.

But I guess you know best, as you continually tell everyone.

You do actually realise he’s under contract for another two years on very good money yeah?

Good luck to Freo if they are willing to delist at the worst a very decent depth player and chuck that kind of money down the drain.

But I guess you know best, as you continually tell everyone.
They could have done with someone at the centre stoppage when Merrett streamed out of there. 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back