List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

They could have done with someone at the centre stoppage when Merrett streamed out of there. šŸ˜‚

Yeah. I get they still needed to score as well. But heā€™d be the one player you completely lock down in that centre stoppage situation.

Actually one of my favourite opposition players to watch. Just a jet.

Iā€™d be looking at Matt Kennedy. Maybe we can grab him with a 3rd round pick. He canā€™t get a regular gig in their midfield and we could do with a big bodied midfielder.

Anyone know when he is off contract? From memory they delisted him and re-drafted him.
Heā€™s too slow IMO, and we need pace more than size in the midfield.
A combination of both would of course be perfect.

Iā€™d be looking at Matt Kennedy. Maybe we can grab him with a 3rd round pick. He canā€™t get a regular gig in their midfield and we could do with a big bodied midfielder.

Anyone know when he is off contract? From memory they delisted him and re-drafted him.
I come in peace when I say this, Kennedy would be a pick in the 20s/very early 30s or thered be no chance of us moving him. Quality player, just surrounded by too many like for like types in our midfield.

Think there is a chance we move him though given our one paced midfield conundrum. Switching him for an equivalent level player who brought some pace and footskills rather than bash and crash contested ball would make a dramatic difference for us imo.

Exactly. The guy would have played on one leg last night if he had to & still would have had an impact. How anyone could think of trading him is beyond me.

I'm not saying to trade Jordy, l'm just putting up a trade scenario and what the reaction of supporters would be to such a trade....

Prefer for us to chase Davies from the Suns. Younger mid, tackling machine and l think would be a very good mid particularly under the guidance of a Pendles....

Heā€™s too slow IMO, and we need pace more than size in the midfield.
A combination of both would of course be perfect.
We need a combination of both. With Tommy McGuane seemingly a lock for next year, and Mitchell no guarantee to get back to his best, if he gets back at all, a bigger bodied clearance player whoā€™s ready to go would be a smart move.

I come in peace when I say this, Kennedy would be a pick in the 20s/very early 30s or thered be no chance of us moving him. Quality player, just surrounded by too many like for like types in our midfield.

Think there is a chance we move him though given our one paced midfield conundrum. Switching him for an equivalent level player who brought some pace and footskills rather than bash and crash contested ball would make a dramatic difference for us imo.
Iā€™m just baffled that Vossy constantly plays him as a sub or forwardā€¦..Way too talented to be wasted in that role

This year 20s and 30s picks are supposedly more like teen picks most years due to the depth of the draft. So you'd probably get less this year.

I'd agree that you should look to shift the balance and add a couple of dashers at the expense of a couple of solid one paced guys. At the moment, you're a bit like the Dees in terms of ball movement - all dinner and no duck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe we swap 2nd round picks? Weā€™ll probably finish ahead of the Bloos next season anyway.

Our finals are done for a little while.

I'd 100% trade DeGoey if the Suns were willing to part with young talent.
I bet you were saying the same sort of thing in 2021.

I'm not saying to trade Jordy, l'm just putting up a trade scenario and what the reaction of supporters would be to such a trade....
Not the worst idea, I think this forum is split between rebuild and go again next year.

GCSUNS are willing to trade two first rounders for Daniel Rioli, surely DeGoey would be also worth two first rounders

GCSUNS picks as they stand are 6, 12, 20 + they have a couple of first round academy boys coming through. If Gold Coast offered picks 6 and 12 for a 28 year old DeGoey it would be worth thinking about.

Pick 12 be used for Bailey Smith, Cam Mackenzie, Miles Bergman (I understand none of these players are as good as peak DeGoey) + pick 6 could be used for the best key forward in the draft.

Not the worst idea, I think this forum is split between rebuild and go again next year.

GCSUNS are willing to trade two first rounders for Daniel Rioli, surely DeGoey would be also worth two first rounders

GCSUNS picks as they stand are 6, 12, 20 + they have a couple of first round academy boys coming through. If Gold Coast offered picks 6 and 12 for a 28 year old DeGoey it would be worth thinking about.

Pick 12 be used for Bailey Smith, Cam Mackenzie, Miles Bergman (I understand none of these players are as good as peak DeGoey) + pick 6 could be used for the best key forward in the draft.
No key forwards likely around pick 6. A bunch of them in 15-30 range

2x 1st round picks for Rioli? Wow.

No key forwards likely around pick 6. A bunch of them in 15-30 range
I feel like Jobe Shannahan and Harry Armstrong are going to push in to the top 10 or you could use pick 6 on a Lalor or best mid to fall to the pick. One of the Whitlocks may push up as well.

In truth, I would rather have AJ.
Both struggling. AJ's best way better than Keane.
If we go for Keane I'll be disappointed.

I don't think you've been keeping much of an eye on Keane if you think he's been "struggling" this year, he's been pretty good this year for the Crows by any measure.

Iā€™m just baffled that Vossy constantly plays him as a sub or forwardā€¦..Way too talented to be wasted in that role

It's a tough balance. I think they recruited additional inside mids as Cripps body was copping a hammering. So the idea was sound.

But I think they now have too many.

So might be prudent to swap one for a player that fills a void - outside runner or goal sneak.

I think richards, like Reef is in a holding pattern. Just have to wait it out.
Gonna be limited list spots unless someone from the older brigade retires.

Yeah we probably need to start transitioning to some of these kids from next year, first cab off the rank is probably Sidebottom as much as I don't want to say it, as I don't think I'd be keen another year-older version of this year's Sidebottom holding back a spot we can use to get some development into the kids.

Maybe Crisp as well, his best games this year have only been 60-70% of what his peak used to be, so unless he's been playing through something chronic that we haven't been told about all year and it can be fixed for next year then there's a tough conversation to be had there as well.

Mitchell is a hard one, foot problems for a 31 year old who already wasn't really known for covering the ground all that well (which is a key part of today's way of playing footy) are a real concern.

Elliott is another with a call to make, his most recent injury sounded a bit nasty and while he's come back from it ok how much more punishment does he want to put his body through in his age 32 year?

Last edited:
Yeah as much as I don't want to say it we need to start transitioning to some of these kids from next year, first cab off the rank is probably Sidebottom as much as I don't want to say it as I don't think I want another year-older version of this year's Sidebottom holding back a spot we can use to get some development into the kids.

Maybe Crisp as well, his best games this year have only been 60-70% of what his peak used to be, so unless he's been playing through something chronic that we haven't been told about all year and it can be fixed for next year then there's a tough conversation to be had there as well.

Mitchell is a hard one, foot problems for a 31 year old who already wasn't really known for covering the ground all that well (which is a key part of today's way of playing footy) are a real concern.

Elliott is another with a call to make, his injury sounded a bit nasty and while he's come back from it ok how much more punishment does he want to put his body through in his age 32 year?
Crisp was one of the highest rated players over this round. Elliott was everywhere on Saturday & such an important player for us..spoils, goals, marks, tackles, professional fumbles..does everything. If Mitchell does recover well from his foot injury, having a large portion of this year off would only add to his longevity, imo.

to this point I haven't been a fan of some of the decision's coming out of Laura's office, but as a package I don't mind what they're proposing for the changes to the draft and bid matching system.

The one thing I think they should nail down though is keeping the 20% discount for father son picks, as well as for academy bid matches for Gold Coast / GWS which haven't had enough time for the father-son talent pipeline to start ticking over yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back