List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

A few nomes to follow that havn't been listed recently (no inside information just my thoughts):
  • Baku Khamis WBD 24yo, 191cm defender OOC. We apparently tried last year before he signed a 1 year extension.
  • Charlie Ballard GCS 25yo, 196cm defender, contracted to 2025. With Mac Andrew starting to look good he may be surplus and there are rumours GCS are clearing cap space for big $ trades.
  • Jack Lukosius GCS 23yo, 195cm defender/forward, contracted to 2026. GCS clearing cap space?
I’ll take any player contract
Give us picks!!!

A few nomes to follow that havn't been listed recently (no inside information just my thoughts):
  • Baku Khamis WBD 24yo, 191cm defender OOC. We apparently tried last year before he signed a 1 year extension.
  • Charlie Ballard GCS 25yo, 196cm defender, contracted to 2025. With Mac Andrew starting to look good he may be surplus and there are rumours GCS are clearing cap space for big $ trades.
  • Jack Lukosius GCS 23yo, 195cm defender/forward, contracted to 2026. GCS clearing cap space?
Fine, we'll take Lukosius and pick 6 we'll just have to suck it up and take on his contract. :rolleyes::D

He was a fantastic defender a couple of years ago. And it sounds like he's going well at VFL. Why aren't they playing him?

The Dandenong Stingrays junior has been a dominant force at VFL level across seven appearances in the reserves this year, recording 32 or more disposals in five of his last six games - his most recent being a high of 39 touches and 12 marks in defence against Box Hill.

he was a star a few year's back. if we could get a year out of him and Howe (if one misses the other is playing) it would be a good result.

Stolen from Nicks board:

Post by Pies2016 » Tue Aug 06, 2024 9:32 pm

Here’s a little draft tit bit to keep an eye on.
I was talking to one of Sandy Dragons line coaches the other day. He was telling me Collingwood had recently contacted him to enquire about the characters of a number of their high end draft prospects (Luke Trainor, Harry Armstrong who are both talls AND OTHERS)
I joked as to why would they bother asking about early picks when they don’t currently have one. His response was “ I hear they’re talking with the Swans ‘. The Swans currently have #18 ( fluid ) and #19 ( fixed ) and the inference is the Swans may be prepared to trade out one of those picks for something reasonable in return ( likely includes either our future first rounder or a player )
This is not to say Collingwood have locked in a Dragons prospect, it’s more about the possibility of them having an interest in securing a late first round pick. What they would do with it, becomes a whole new conversation.

Stolen from Nicks board:

Post by Pies2016 » Tue Aug 06, 2024 9:32 pm

Here’s a little draft tit bit to keep an eye on.
I was talking to one of Sandy Dragons line coaches the other day. He was telling me Collingwood had recently contacted him to enquire about the characters of a number of their high end draft prospects (Luke Trainor, Harry Armstrong who are both talls AND OTHERS)
I joked as to why would they bother asking about early picks when they don’t currently have one. His response was “ I hear they’re talking with the Swans ‘. The Swans currently have #18 ( fluid ) and #19 ( fixed ) and the inference is the Swans may be prepared to trade out one of those picks for something reasonable in return ( likely includes either our future first rounder or a player )
This is not to say Collingwood have locked in a Dragons prospect, it’s more about the possibility of them having an interest in securing a late first round pick. What they would do with it, becomes a whole new conversation.
I've no doubt we want to try get back into the top 30, given the depth of this draft, but how is another question.

he was a star a few year's back. if we could get a year out of him and Howe (if one misses the other is playing) it would be a good result.
emphasis on 'a few years back'

i'd personally be trying to bring in someone like Buku Khamis from W.Bulldogs, 190 cms, super athletic, mobile, quick for his size, good skills and way more equipped for the modern game and, more specifically, our playing style.

OOC end-2024. salary cap not an issue so just need to be able to negotiate a win (fair price) at the trade table (which i'm less confident of)

ps: other option (preferred) is not to do the Khamis or Haynes deal and simply handcuff Reef to Nick over the summer, improve his VO2 max and have Leppa school him as a defender ..invest in the youth we have on the list, at least those showing some capacity to play senior footy

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keane was a list clogger with us and didn't show anything in his 5 games. Why are we into him now? Smells of desperation.
Wow. Do you actually watch the footy? Early in the year he was playing high quality footy for the Crows. To suggest he is at the level he was when he left us is ridiculous.

Give the club which just won a flag a little credit and benefit of the doubt

Wow. Do you actually watch the footy? Early in the year he was playing high quality footy for the Crows. To suggest he is at the level he was when he left us is ridiculous.

Give the club which just won a flag a little credit and benefit of the doubt
Early in the year. We're now at round 22 and he's been all at sea since about round 6. He's been exposed by every mediocre forward across the board.

In answer to your first question, no, I don't watch much footy, it's too hard to watch with the shit umpiring and inconsistent application and interpretation of the rules.

emphasis on 'a few years back'

i'd personally be trying to bring in someone like Buku Khamis from W.Bulldogs, 190 cms, super athletic, mobile, quick for his size, good skills and way more equipped for the modern game and, more specifically, our playing style.

OOC end-2024. salary cap not an issue so just need to be able to negotiate a win (fair price) at the trade table (which i'm less confident of)

ps: other option (preferred) is not to do the Khamis or Haynes deal and simply handcuff Reef to Nick over the summer, improve his VO2 max and have Leppa school him as a defender ..invest in the youth we have on the list, at least those showing some capacity to play senior footy

If Reef could play half back that'd be great but it's a guess. I wonder what Buku will get paid? Probably overs.

Given our lack of picks we need to get creative and look for impact and value.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back