List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone mentioned Cooper Sharman here recently?
Gettable also mentioned he is about to extend his contract by a few more years.

Also mentioned Houston to dees, Barass to hawks.

The HS article.

Khamis is in talks to extend at the dogs.
DC has backed Sidey to play on. Saying that he is playing well enough to continue. But of course he would say that, no teammate wants players to move on or give it up. But Sidey is yet to be guaranteed a contract
GWS Giants’ gun defender Nick Haynes will explore a move home to Victoria next year as he struggles to break into the senior side.

Haynes, 32, is out of contract and could loom large for a club such as Carlton in the premiership window or North Melbourne which is keen to bolster its back line.

Early in the year. We're now at round 22 and he's been all at sea since about round 6. He's been exposed by every mediocre forward across the board.

In answer to your first question, no, I don't watch much footy, it's too hard to watch with the shit umpiring and inconsistent application and interpretation of the rules.
How would you know an opposition player has been all at sea in the latter part of the season if you don't watch much footy?

You must use your limited time watching Crows' games.

Wing or inside mid. I reckon he could play both roles better than ruck. His follow up ruck work is right up there with the mobile follow up ruckman of today's game. He doesn't even have to win the majority of tap outs to be effective. We need a tall, down the line player on the wings

Begg doesnt have the talent to play on the wing or on ball

i would give him 1 more year, place him in a key defensive role and then leave him there for the year. see if he can blossom into that role. for a big man, he is gifted athletically

I like Sidey but I have a feeling he we can live a year without him more than the other veterans. Howe is in good form. Pendles leadership is enormous. Cox helps structurally.
Sidey is still best 23 but we need to find spots to play our next generation or we will never develop anyone.
I agree. If we're picking the first to be the one that starts off the staggered retirements, he would be the first to lead the way

Wing or inside mid. I reckon he could play both roles better than ruck. His follow up ruck work is right up there with the mobile follow up ruckman of today's game. He doesn't even have to win the majority of tap outs to be effective. We need a tall, down the line player on the wings

If Begg had shown any overhead prowess this might work but I have yet to see much of that at all. I don't watch much VFL though so am happy to be corrected if this is not the case.

That's his biggest obstacle. However, I have seen him take some nice overhead marks
He has gotten better at the marking aspect in the last 12 months .
The new rookie rules could save him possibly.

But we are currently over the rookie list spots. So for him to stay. One of the rookies has to go. Smit takes carmichael's spot on the rookie list.
But then you also have
Dean
Long
Sullivan
Eyre
Long
Bytel

I like Sidey but I have a feeling he we can live a year without him more than the other veterans. Howe is in good form. Pendles leadership is enormous. Cox helps structurally.
Sidey is still best 23 but we need to find spots to play our next generation or we will never develop anyone.
Sidey is fringe now. But my view is if he wants to go on and is willing to be dropped, let him go on. If you take that attitude he won't deny anyone worthy from a spot in the team - it's only a list spot and there are lots I'd cut before him.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a Ruckman maybe - finally Begg be tried in other positions
He's played a fair bit of forward when we've had two rucks in the team - doesn't get near it. They haven't played him back, but I don't think he reads the ball flight well enough.

He's played a fair bit of forward when we've had two rucks in the team - doesn't get near it. They haven't played him back, but I don't think he reads the ball flight well enough.
Agree but he’s never had an opportunity for a sustained run in either position with the incessant injuries to our Rucks over 2 seasons.
He’s such a unique athlete that we should give him an opportunity for success in a role he could thrive in.

Agree but he’s never had an opportunity for a sustained run in either position with the incessant injuries to our Rucks over 2 seasons.
He’s such a unique athlete that we should give him an opportunity for success in a role he could thrive in.

Is he? To me he's more agile than most rucks, but not KPPs, not surprising considering he's KPP size.

Is he? To me he's more agile than most rucks, but not KPPs, not surprising considering he's KPP size.
Add an improvement to his marking to his elite mobility and we suddenly have a high potential prospect as KPP.
And his aggression/competitiveness is a further plus.

I know improving marking ability is not easy, but let’s see how he goes not playing Ruck for a year.

Is wing a realistic option for him?

If he has competitiveness and an adequate tank, his marking shouldn't be as much of an issue if you confine his role to getting back in defence to assist with aerial contests. Anything he marks forward of the ball would be a bonus.

You would need to factor in the inherent advantages he would have as a wing against other wings and determine whether the risk is worth it. His marking may not be such an issue if he's lining up on someone who's more of a traditional wing and shorter than him.

Pending Friday night's result, the final 2 games could be an opportunity to see what potential he has to play in a particular position which he might not have otherwise played in previously.

If he has competitiveness and an adequate tank, his marking shouldn't be as much of an issue if you confine his role to getting back in defence to assist with aerial contests. Anything he marks forward of the ball would be a bonus.

You would need to factor in the inherent advantages he would have as a wing against other wings and determine whether the risk is worth it. His marking may not be such an issue if he's lining up on someone who's more of a traditional wing and shorter than him.

Pending Friday night's result, the final 2 games could be an opportunity to see what potential he has to play in a particular position which he might not have otherwise played in previously.
Begg's injured. Out for the year.

it's all academic as he is out for the rest of the season with his knee injury

Begg's injured. Out for the year.
If he can show something in the remaining 2 games then, I'd say definitely keep him ...

Shows how much I have been paying attention to our reserves side. Last game I went to was the one at Princes Park against Carlton where we won by a point.

Would seem like a waste to discard a 21-year-old, 197cm player, but I guess that's the science/art of list management.

If he can show something in the remaining 2 games then, I'd say definitely keep him ...

Shows how much I have been paying attention to our reserves side. Last game I went to was the one at Princes Park against Carlton where we won by a point.

Would seem like a waste to discard a 21-year-old, 197cm player, but I guess that's the science/art of list management.
He's out for the year.

Clubs discard players all the time. Sometimes they're just not AFL level & never will be.

He's on the inactive list..
Ruled out for the entire year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back