List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you realise that there is a gulf between senior players and 23 and under at Collingwood?

Nick Daicos excepted.. the others like Allan, Di mattia, TJ, Smit etc will take time

In the meantime it’s better spending pick 48 on Fiorini than sone kid who never plays more than 2 games
Again!
…. This Brayden Fiorini?

Doubt Quaynor would be on the table
Hasn’t had a great year but signed a long term contract earlier this year
The others I agree with

True about the long-term deal, but contracts don't mean much anymore. In saying that Quaynor is contracted to us for another 5 years. Unfortunately for us, since that deal was signed, his form fell right off. Which always seems to be the way...

Lippy should be traded

Wouldn't surprise me to see that happen. I would think Lippa, Noble, Johnson, maybe McInnes and Richards could be names bandied around.
Outsider, imo, could be Quaynor, despite holding a long-term deal with us . We may look to this draft as a possibility of getting a very good young midfielder and a key position player....

Wouldn't surprise me to see that happen. I would think Lippa, Noble, Johnson, maybe McInnes and Richards could be names bandied around.
Outsider, imo, could be Quaynor, despite holding a long-term deal with us . We may look to this draft as a possibility of getting a very good young midfielder and a key position player....
Yep all because Wright decided to piss away our first pick for a non contributor, unskilled, unfit, substandard forward pocket!!!!

Really like to hang on to reef

Really like to hang on to reef

So would l, but l feel he may want out. I don't think he has been given the full opportunities this season, and he was always the first to be dropped each week. Played as sub alot, given minimal game time, then dropped. l think he will ask for a trade, and if l was Reef, so would l. l don't think the coaching staff did him many favours this season.

Yep all because Wright decided to piss away our first pick for a non contributor, unskilled, unfit, substandard forward pocket!!!!

Well Schultz needs a huge preseason. He needs to get fit, he looks unfit to me. He needs to slim down a bit, get his head right and pay this club back. Another average season from him in 2025, and he maybe talked about trading out from us...

So would l, but l feel he may want out. I don't think he has been given the full opportunities this season, and he was always the first to be dropped each week. Played as sub alot, given minimal game time, then dropped. l think he will ask for a trade, and if l was Reef, so would l. l don't think the coaching staff did him many favours this season.
He was treated badly IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the Harrison injury the use of Richards as any form of trade currency might need to be wound back (if it even exists).

Of course he may have other ideas as he's uncontracted beyond this season.

In reality unless he could garner us a late 2nd round pick or be part of a player swap in an area of greater need I'd rather just keep him.

Agree… trading out players under the age of 26 would just be cutting off our nose to spite our face

Our VFL team is pox.
Worst in the comp.
Young players when elevated fail to step up.
Trade currency is weak. I’d imagine 3rd rounders? (Re Ryan, McInness, McCrae). Why toss out cheap, unfulfilled potential? Keep our youth.
We need to totally overhaul our VFL program. Brendan McCarthy, I’m seeing a lot on game days? Isn’t he meant to be a junior coaching guru? Why isn’t he coaching VFL? Josh Fraser needs to get the flick.
Our only players worth anything and not essential to our core are JFN, Lipinski and (maybe) Richards. They’ll get us 2nd rounders.
Johnson as a swap for Keane? In what universe? I’m looking to dump Johnson’s contract. I’m taking a 4th rounder. He’s tapped out.
Who do we retire? How can we offload them, especially when we don’t have youth that can challenge their spots?
I see our only options being UFAs. Our trading position is poor and we don’t have much to get into the draft.

McCartney will be VFL coach next year, or so I’ve been told, by someone that plays under him.

Yea our development of young players has become seriously sub par.

When it's systematic across the board that you fail to develop any draftees into best 22 players, it's no longer a drafting issue. It's a player development issue. Its not like our early picks were plucked out of nowhere. They were all rated around the range we picked them.

Yea our development of young players has become seriously sub par.

When it's systematic across the board that you fail to develop any draftees into best 22 players, it's no longer a drafting issue. It's a player development issue. Its not like our early picks were plucked out of nowhere. They were all rated around the range we picked them.

Tbf under Fly it's been best 22 in a Prelim and Premiership team.

Which player in particular has been under developed? Who should have the ability to be best 22?

Mac Andrew OOC next year. If Jeff’s big idea about attracting trade targets from other clubs is to come to fruition, this must be the player we target. Offer him a 10 year deal at 1.1 a season and the rebuild will be fast tracked. I know we could’ve had him in 2020 had we not been stupid enough to trade our first pick (yet again) but we can rectify it. Get in his ear now and lure him home!!!!!!

We currently have picks
29, 46, 47

Might be best to temper expectations. Might be able to package 46 and 47 to move up slightly, but there’s also the Keane trade that’s been talked about.

Only player with maybe potential currency is richards but with HH gone I’d hope we keep him. Unless a club desperate for smalls offers him a good deal. A second rounder. Nobody else has currency that would lead to any value on trading

Last edited:
Well Schultz needs a huge preseason. He needs to get fit, he looks unfit to me. He needs to slim down a bit, get his head right and pay this club back. Another average season from him in 2025, and he maybe talked about trading out from us...
He’s starting to remind me of jaryd Blair 2013-14 ish till he got finally sacked
Schultz has hardly any tricks which for a small forward isn’t ideal

He was treated badly IMO

I don't think the treatment as such was bad, l just think opportunities he should have got, the club never really explored those with him. He was constantly dropped after playing minimal game time. I gather having inconsistent game time, and constantly going between the AFL and VFL side would be frustrating and difficult to get some sort of consistency in your game.
I think he will pursue more opportunities somewhere else, maybe a West Coast, Richmond or a North?

I don't think the treatment as such was bad, l just think opportunities he should have got, the club never really explored those with him. He was constantly dropped after playing minimal game time. I gather having inconsistent game time, and constantly going between the AFL and VFL side would be frustrating and difficult to get some sort of consistency in your game.
I think he will pursue more opportunities somewhere else, maybe a West Coast, Richmond or a North?
Yes agree but that’s what I was meaning

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back