List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

No it can't, get real!

I'm sure we also thought we would never trade Grundy after signing a long-term contract. Things can move and happen quickly in the AFL.
Remember contracts mean not much, if a club thinks you're expendable and are able to help achieve what it wants too....
It's a sport, but clubs are big business and need to be ruthless, inventive and courageous in their list management because you need to stay relevant in this competition.

I'm sure we also thought we would never trade Grundy after signing a long-term contract. Things can move and happen quickly in the AFL.
Remember contracts mean not much, if a club thinks you're expendable and are able to help achieve what it wants too....
It's a sport, but clubs are big business and need to be ruthless, inventive and courageous in their list management because you need to stay relevant in this competition.
We had someone (Cameron) that can fill Grundy's role.
Melbourne don't have another Petracca. Its like us trading Nick.
They would be better off trading Oliver if anyone.

Given you’ve indicated its the only time in 90years we’ve had chance for B2B shows it’s very hard to do.
In that time these clubs have managed it - Melbourne, Carlton, Essendon, Richmond (x2), Hawthorn (x2), Adelaide

A trade would only occur if Petracca himself says he is adamant he wants out, and according to some his family would like him out.
And the club can say no.
Plenty of players have been held to their contract. They'll just work on BTS to make things between the two parties in the off season.

Mitchell is known to be fanatical about his fitness & looking after himself.
Possibly poor choice of words, it's not about fitness to play the game, more about the ability to play out the season. Bit like what Geelong do with Dangerfield, he doesn't play every game, gets extended breaks when he's injured and plays shorter minutes when he's not needed.

And the club can say no.
Plenty of players have been held to their contract. They'll just work on BTS to make things between the two parties in the off season.

True, but it would be interesting if Petracca said he doesn't want to be there, and after what he has gone through he wants a new start and fresh environment. I wonder what Melbourne would do then, considering they will potentially have a second top 10 pick, which would give them access to one or two of the gun mids in this years draft.
I do agree though, it wouldn't surprise me if Oliver is on the table, and he is wearing new colours next year...

Plus there is 5 years of a big contract remaining. If he was to move to another club, negotiations regarding the new club taking on over $1M a year would have to enter the trade negotiations.
If he left the Dees, that would give them massive salary cap space. They could poach out a couple of free agent stars...
lol that’s wishful thinking, Melbourne don’t want to lose him, he’s not a cap dump, they’re not going to negotiate with anyone over his salary. To even get them to contemplate letting him go the deal will be that the club he goes to will take his full salary and they pay full value, if not overs.

I think he'll learn a hell of a lot from this year. year 1 he created a style of footy and caught everyone off guard. no lead was safe.

year 3 and teams are using the same style against us.

this year the plans haven't worked and players have performed poorly but he's had poor tactical games.

all lessons to learn.
Last year, I thought a few times about how our comeback game would go against our defensive hold on to the lead game.

I was right - the comeback game kills it. I thought it was really obvious quite early in the season that the defensive, nil all draw to close games was dead as a tactic, made more dead by the change of interpretation around holding the ball and increased willingness to pay deliberate. I think sticking with that tactic, has been Fly's big error this year.

The other error was us getting exposed by allowing teams to chip through us like what occurred for a patch and derailed our season - that was the late season issue last year too which we should have been hotter on not allowing.

Otherwise, the coaches did a great job of getting us through the injury run we had this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go after Clayton Oliver instead of Trac.
Higher risk, lower price but 2 years younger and he's playing with an absolutely busted hand (can't even make a fist) they're just keeping him playing to give him purpose and keep him focused.

He'll be getting surgery post season.

We won't though, watch Geelong swoop in and get him for Peanuts.

Go after Clayton Oliver instead of Trac.
Higher risk, lower price but 2 years younger and he's playing with an absolutely busted hand (can't even make a fist) they're just keeping him playing to give him purpose and keep him focused.

He'll be getting surgery post season.

We won't though, watch Geelong swoop in and get him for Peanuts.
Yuk. No way.

A $1 million a year for Petracca costing a future first round pick and he will be 30 next year
Glad some of you are not Collingwood list managers
Yeah I know. Lucky we have people who know what they’re doing down there. This was evident with the Schultz trade and the Ginnivan one just last off season. Don’t we dare pay a future for Trac……Schultz is the benchmark for a first!!! Seriously!!!

A midfield of Nick, JDG and Petracca.

Bobs Burgers Someone GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back