List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

TK wanted to return home and West Coast were still somewhat competitive at the time and no one expected them to turn into a basketcase

The Cameron one hasn’t really been that bad for the Giants. they’ve still been very competitive since he left

My point was that good player = 3 first rounders, which had never ever been the case previously. Albeit they weren't top 5 picks or anything like that.

On the other hand... Nick Daicos is about the only player I wouldn't trade for Petracca.

I wouldn't trade our future 1st unless it was to secure a player like Petracca with a guarantee that we would still be able to get McGuane as well.

Future 1st, 2nd round and McInnes (they were interested last year) for Petracca.

Melbourne would want a top 10 pick in this years draft. It would give them two picks in the top 10.
One to get a gun mid, plus one of the best key position players

Lions traded pick 6 and pick 19 for Neale. That’s about what you’d expect as a minimum. Or something similar to Dunkley trade.
Bargaining chip is Petraccas age. 29 at start of next season.
Would love him but it’s dream land.

I think it's more likely that Goodwin will depart Melbourne than Petracca and that much of what is being leaked is laying the groundwork for this.

Or maybe Petracca just wants a fresh start and a new environment, particularly of what happened to him, and the trauma associated with the whole incident....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While we have an offer for richards, they mentioned there is interest from elsewhere, particularly with Port adelaide. So its a wait and see how that progresses.

Apart from interest in keane, we arent linked to any of the other 40 players they mentioned

Or maybe Petracca just wants a fresh start and a new environment, particularly of what happened to him, and the trauma associated with the whole incident....
Maybe. All speculation obviously, but the Neale-Bullen trade request and recent Viney rumours suggest there's a massive issue at Melbourne that runs deeper than just Petracca and his medical treatment.

It wouldn't surprise me if Melbourne's board choose to move on from Goodwin and other senior administrative figures within the club, particularly if there's disquiet among senior players, in order to preserve what remains a good list that has underperformed.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back