List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Im very open to Luke parker if he's happy to leave Sydney ,I think he's exactly what our midfield needs he can win the hardball but can also float forward

No thanks, he's on his last legs. We need to be bringing in players in their early to mid 20's, seeing as we are re-signing all of our Dad's army players.

Would you trade a future 1st to GWS for either:
  • a young mid with star potential + a KP?
  • two young kids w potential?
  • a young mid w potential and a pick in 2024?

I haven’t really been across how their young players not in the 1s have been going
Can’t as needed for McGuane next year

Yes, it might be a real issue
But we might be able to use future 1 w less value

Btw, not saying I would do the trade - I’d prob only trade for established gun mid or KP
However, the scenarios I’ve presented are ones I could almost live with / accept

If we go down the route of a mature midfielder, I think Dylan Shiel is a better fit than Jack Macrae.

Interestingly enough, he wanted to come to the Pies when he returned to Vic 5 years ago. We couldn't accomodate him though and he's ended up pissing his career away at that other rabble. Was a genuine star around 2016/17.

What's with the Adams hate? Dude was a legitimate Collingwood person. We pushed him towards the door and he read the signs. I don't like the Swans but have mad respect for Grundy and Adams.

Grundy fair enough.

Tay Adams the VC who panicked when his spot was on the line and bailed? Nah, fcuk him.

Hope he enjoys sitting in the stands come September.

I’d be thinking of moving our F1 for a pick this year. Richmond look like having a few early picks this year so they might want to move at least one of those to next year.

We can worry about the points for FS next year.

Cut Macrae, Sullivan, Bytel, Johnson, etc.

I’d be thinking of moving our F1 for a pick this year. Richmond look like having a few early picks this year so they might want to move at least one of those to next year.

We’d want to grab 2x either Richmond or Freo’s firsts

Incorrect. They didn’t bring in the requirement of using a pick in the same round that a player is bid on.

The problem is that mids in the right age bracket are just not available.
There are young, relatively untried ones not getting a game at other clubs, like Hobbs and Phillips, or there are good ones in their 30s that don't address our age profile, like Shiel and Parker.
The ones in their mid 20s prime are out of reach because we don't have trade capital, like Smith.

I'd sooner go for younger ones.

There are young, relatively untried ones not getting a game at other clubs, like Hobbs and Phillips, or there are good ones in their 30s that don't address our age profile, like Shiel and Parker.
The ones in their mid 20s prime are out of reach because we don't have trade capital, like Smith.

With old players come back next year we might get a Few Old ones to try and win the Flag next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm all for adding older guys if they have something left in the tank and can help immediately. Parker looks like he has something to offer.

These are guys you add for little cost. I'd take a Parker on the list instead of a guy who was a speculative pick and is 2 or 3 years away from maybe playing.

I maybe wrong but aren't Macrae and Johnson contracted for 2025?

Say Trac said wants out and wants to come to Collingwood, would future 1st or 2nd plus DeGoey be worth a look at or insane?

Only saying DeGoey as he’s been talked about a lot lately of his currency at trade vs his importance to us to stay and not trade.

What are you achieving if you do this?
Mortgaging a future player (+ potential gun if it's a first) and losing one of our few game-changers.
I can't see the point.
I can’t think who else might be tradable for Trac. DeGoey is a gun but has he hit his ceiling too?

As for our first pick, will we end up trading it next year for points to get McGuane?

Say Trac said wants out and wants to come to Collingwood, would future 1st or 2nd plus DeGoey be worth a look at or insane?

Only saying DeGoey as he’s been talked about a lot lately of his currency at trade vs his importance to us to stay and not trade.
You would only pick up Petracca to work in tandem with players like De Goey. We don’t gain anything in a trade like this

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back